Xbox App Beta on Windows 10 Resume Download problem

Discus and support Xbox App Beta on Windows 10 Resume Download problem in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, last night I was downloading Metro Exodus on my Pc, via Game Pass, then I stopped it, and a few minutes ago I tried to resume the download. It... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MarcoArik, Jul 8, 2019.

1. MarcoArik
    MarcoArik Guest

Hello, last night I was downloading Metro Exodus on my Pc, via Game Pass, then I stopped it, and a few minutes ago I tried to resume the download. It didn't work. I had to restart the whole download.

I have Windows 10 x64 with all updates for both Windows and Apps.

:)

MarcoArik, Jul 8, 2019
  2. ScheduledAbyss8 Win User

The problems occasionally present themselves on the Beta, they will surely resolve as soon as possible
  3. DamonOehlman Win User

I had the same problem, and additionally another problem where if I restarted the PC the Xbox App became unaware of the download entirely (attempting to click the install button would attempt to start the download again, and then go back to the "Install"
    button state). Like you I have my games installing to another drive other than C: so I think that is likely the common problem.

I did have a hunch that given how tied to app download preferences the Xbox App was that things might be sitting in another download queue somewhere, and they were! At least in my case I was able to go into the standard Microsoft Store and in the top right
    corner the app was indicating that an update was available / in progress and I was able to resume the installation of Exodus there.

Not sure if it would have worked in your case (I expect you've already downloaded the game again by now), but if others hit the same problem that you and I did, perhaps this will work for them...
  4. MarcoArik Win User

Well, yes, I'm downloading from 0%. It's just the resume to not work.

Maybe because I don't use C as installation unit. I have it just for operative system.

How can I submit a feedback to the correct team?
  5. MarcoArik Win User

I tried with Hellblade, again not on C, and the Resume worked. Even shutting down PC after the Pause.
  6. XBOX TECH VIRUS Win User

Hello MarcoArik,

Thank you for coming to the forum today,

Sorry to hear you having this issue,

this may have happened do to the App still being in Beta testing stage.

It maybe a bug within the software, if you can provide feedback regarding the problem you have found to the correct team they will be able to look into this and correct the issue within the software.

Thank you for informing us of this issue,

Did the restart of the download resolve the issue ?

(Please feel free to use the Forum again if you require any help in the future, But please do not post the same topic as this is a breach in the Forum Guidelines).
Thema:

1. Xbox App Beta on Windows 10 Resume Download problem - Similar Threads - App Beta Windows

2. Killer Instinct not available on Xbox App for Windows 10 (Beta)?

in XBoX on Windows
    Killer Instinct not available on Xbox App for Windows 10 (Beta)?: Hello. I've purchased Killer Instinct Definitive Edition today and a number of other Play Anywhere games. All the others have appeared in my app under games I own except for Killer Instinct. I...
  3. Error 0x87e10bc6 on starting Wolfenstein II via the Xbox Beta App on windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x87e10bc6 on starting Wolfenstein II via the Xbox Beta App on windows 10: Hi, so I recently got the gamepass and downloaded Gears of War and Wolfenstein II through the Xbox Beta App on Windows 10. Whenever I try to start Wolfenstein II I get the error 0x87e10bc6, which...
  4. Windows Xbox (Beta) App

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Xbox (Beta) App: Several problems with this Application over the past couple days; Since a couple of days ago, the Xbox PC App whenever loaded, loads in a black screen, and I've tried force closing it via Task...
  5. Can't change default app installation drive on Windows 10 for the Xbox Beta

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't change default app installation drive on Windows 10 for the Xbox Beta: I was using this drive to install my games on a previous installation of the system, but I had to format it and now I cannot change the default drive back to this drive because windows finds the...
  6. Windows 10 Xbox (Beta) App : How to pause the Downloads of games updates ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 Xbox (Beta) App : How to pause the Downloads of games updates ?: Hi everybody, In the Windows 10Xbox (Beta) App, it can automaticly downloads the updates of games : but where is it possible to put these downloads on PAUSE ? (I can't find a Menu for this in...
  7. Cannot download games.. stuck on queued in Windows 10 Xbox app (beta)

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot download games.. stuck on queued in Windows 10 Xbox app (beta): installed 2 games with no problems the first couple of days, since 3 or 4 days whenever i try and download something i get instatly stuck on queued even before download starts... is there anything...
  8. Cannot play games downloaded from the Windows 10 Xbox app (beta)

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot play games downloaded from the Windows 10 Xbox app (beta): First i downloaded Bridge constructor portal which worked perfectly fine, but i then downloaded Metro exodus and did not get the same satisfaction. Unless i start the game in safe mode, it crashes...
  9. Can't download any games on the Windows 10 beta Xbox App

in XboX Insiders
    Can't download any games on the Windows 10 beta Xbox App: With every game i want to download i'm getting the same error message 0x8007177e. Is there a way to fix it? Or do i have to cancel my sub and be done with this bs? submitted by /u/FreakZone...
  10. Windows 10 Xbox (Beta) app, won't recognize my login

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 Xbox (Beta) app, won't recognize my login: So I bought the game pass and want to login to the xbox app. When i open the app and get the login screen and enter my username and password, it enters the app, but I'm not logged in, and when I'm...