Xbox App Beta on Windows 10 Resume Download problem

Discus and support Xbox App Beta on Windows 10 Resume Download problem in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, last night I was downloading Metro Exodus on my Pc, via Game Pass, then I stopped it, and a few minutes ago I tried to resume the download. It... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MarcoArik, Jul 8, 2019.

1. MarcoArik
    MarcoArik Guest

Hello, last night I was downloading Metro Exodus on my Pc, via Game Pass, then I stopped it, and a few minutes ago I tried to resume the download. It didn't work. I had to restart the whole download.

I have Windows 10 x64 with all updates for both Windows and Apps.

:)

MarcoArik, Jul 8, 2019
  2. lopezK7 Win User

I was downloading Gears 5 from the xbox app Beta, the download were on 74% and I shut down the PC, when I tried to continue the download the button only says play, I can't resume the download, only play the game
  3. ScheduledAbyss8 Win User

The problems occasionally present themselves on the Beta, they will surely resolve as soon as possible
  4. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there MarcoArik,

Thanks for reaching out to the Xbox Forums for advice on how to hopefully get your game to download.

If you haven't already, I would definitely review and try the steps outlined in our Troubleshoot game installations on Windows 10 to see
    if that helps positively affect the problem you're dealing.

When you get a chance, give that a shot and let us know how that helped.

Thanks!
  5. DamonOehlman Win User

I had the same problem, and additionally another problem where if I restarted the PC the Xbox App became unaware of the download entirely (attempting to click the install button would attempt to start the download again, and then go back to the "Install"
    button state). Like you I have my games installing to another drive other than C: so I think that is likely the common problem.

I did have a hunch that given how tied to app download preferences the Xbox App was that things might be sitting in another download queue somewhere, and they were! At least in my case I was able to go into the standard Microsoft Store and in the top right
    corner the app was indicating that an update was available / in progress and I was able to resume the installation of Exodus there.

Not sure if it would have worked in your case (I expect you've already downloaded the game again by now), but if others hit the same problem that you and I did, perhaps this will work for them...
  6. XBF Amber M Win User

Hey there,

We will be locking this older thread due to it being revived by a new post. If the issue is
    on going, we recommend creating a new thread
    detailing the issue at hand and any troubleshooting steps (if any) you’ve tried so far. We will be more than happy to answer any questions.

Thank you!
Thema:

1. Xbox App Beta on Windows 10 Resume Download problem - Similar Threads - App Beta Windows

2. Can’t sign into the Xbox (beta) app on windows

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t sign into the Xbox (beta) app on windows: Every time I press login it shows my account and says let’s play but when I press it nothing happens. Also I get ash beard error whenever I try to play Sea of Thieves, I’m not sure if their...
  3. windows 10 xbox app beta mic sensitivity

in XBoX on Windows
    windows 10 xbox app beta mic sensitivity: is this not a thing? and to tell me that most mics have good noise reduction is bs cause i'm using a pair of $400 gaming sennheiser and i can get my mic to work good on any other app. ts3....
  4. Xbox (Beta) App don't load game (stuck on synchronizing window)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox (Beta) App don't load game (stuck on synchronizing window): I donwloaded Xbox (Beta) for Game Pass, paied the first month and download a game (Snake Pass). I played it for a while, closed the game and went do something else. When I got back to PC to play...
  5. Can't sign into Xbox (beta) or Xbox Console Companion apps on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't sign into Xbox (beta) or Xbox Console Companion apps on Windows 10: I've been trying to get the Xbox (beta) app to work on my PC for months. Here's what happens. When I try to sign in, it goes through all of the sign-in steps, reloads the page, and then...I'm not...
  6. Xbox (beta) app for Windows 10 crashes my entire PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox (beta) app for Windows 10 crashes my entire PC: Hello, Whenever I start a download with the Xbox app on PC the download starts and then just crashes my entire system. I was able to download sunset overdrive with gamepass but whenever I try to...
  7. Can't install any game using windows 10 store or Xbox Beta app Error Code: 0x800701E7

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install any game using windows 10 store or Xbox Beta app Error Code: 0x800701E7: Every time i go to install something (most recently the new Gears 5) on my pc i keep getting download errors like this It always errors, downloads then errors again ive tried restarting windows...
  8. Xbox Windows 10 Beta App Stopped Working! Solutions?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Windows 10 Beta App Stopped Working! Solutions?: I have had zero issues with the beta app on windows 10 for about two months. After the most recent xbox services outage, it stopped working. I now get a 404 error when ever I try to open the app....
  9. Xbox app for Windows (beta) cloud saves

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app for Windows (beta) cloud saves: Anyone know if the xbox app for windows 10 supports cloud saves? Can't find anything. Working on a Hollowknight playthrough on my desktop, would love to pick it up on my laptop when traveling....
  10. Unable to sign in on the Xbox (Beta) app on Windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to sign in on the Xbox (Beta) app on Windows 10: I'm having this problem where if I try to click Sign In, nothing happens. No error message, no feed back, I just click Sign In and nothing happens. I tried the obvious things like restarting my...