Xbox app blocks game audio during chat

Discus and support Xbox app blocks game audio during chat in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; When I join a friends party using the Windows 10 Xbox app, audio from other applications including my game are muted, but when I quit the party it goes... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by crazyjbird44, Mar 4, 2019.

1. crazyjbird44
    crazyjbird44 Guest

When I join a friends party using the Windows 10 Xbox app, audio from other applications including my game are muted, but when I quit the party it goes back to normal. This makes it very hard to game and talk to friends on Xbox at the same time as my game
    audio is completely gone. Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

crazyjbird44, Mar 4, 2019
  2. crazyjbird44 Win User

Thanks for your and the rest of the Xbox team. I will consider buying a controller and headset
  3. XBF Nestor S Win User

Hey there Jbird thanks for keeping in touch.

We apologize for this inconvenience however we would like to suggest looking into our

Xbox Accessories App
    since it has a volume section. Give it a shot and let us know how it goes!
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hey there crazyjbird44!

Thank you for letting us know about the issue. We'll be locking the thread. If you ever require any help with any
    other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you and have a great day.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi crazyjbird44,

I believe this is due to how the Xbox app audio is designed in that I think it prioritizes audio from the party chat when it's open and not from your applications in the background because your party audio device (your wireless headset and mic) is connecting
    to the app itself and not through a controller. I think that if the audio goes through a controller, that you'll be able to hear the party chat along with the game audio at the same time.

I couldn't find anything in the Xbox app settings to get what you want without needing a controller but I'm not sure if there is anything in your Windows audio settings that can solve this problem. You can always go in there and check if there are any relevant
    settings.

I recommend getting a controller and a gaming headset designed for Xbox One that has a headset adapter for the best gaming experience using the Xbox app on Windows 10
  6. crazyjbird44 Win User

Hello ,

Thank you for keeping us updated. We recommend making sure
    Windows 10 is up to date
    . Also, what is the NAT type of the Xbox application? We will provide steps on how to locate the NAT type. Be sure to let us know the results!

1. Launch the Xbox app and sign in
    2. Click the gear icon (Settings) on the left side of the application
    3. Select Network
    Hi, thanks for the response, my NAT is open. I am currently downloading the latest windows update so well see how that goes.
Thema:

1. Xbox app blocks game audio during chat - Similar Threads - app blocks game

2. New update doesn’t look good! Removes transparency of My Games & Apps block and adds dark...

in XboX Insiders
    New update doesn’t look good! Removes transparency of My Games & Apps block and adds dark...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Man-of-Gears [link] [comments]
  3. Your network settings are blocking you from using party chat but its for the xbox beta app.

in XBoX on Windows
    Your network settings are blocking you from using party chat but its for the xbox beta app.: Literally no idea how to fix this cant find anything on this problem it has the same error code as the xbox one. dbf784b2-cfc4-44ad-9b68-a1df79107cf5
  4. Block An app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Block An app: Xbox security [Mod Removed - Inappropriate]. Parental controls are a joke. My son has parental controls on his account. You tube is blocked. Well its a mute point because he can sign out and use...
  5. Server Connectivity Blocked (XBOX-app)

in XBoX on Windows
    Server Connectivity Blocked (XBOX-app): Hello, I have this issue, I bought Forza Horizon 4 like a month ago. I had a problem with Teredo, but got it fixed. Now, my XBOX app says 'Server Connectivity Blocked'. Any Help? I really need to...
  6. Activity screen blocking apps and games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Activity screen blocking apps and games: There are a few apps and games I have chosen to block on my child's Xbox that show up on the activity page of Microsoft Account. Next to the app or game it indicates the time view or played and...
  7. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Xbox App Blocked Server Connectivity

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Xbox App Blocked Server Connectivity: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Xbox App Blocked Server Connectivity I am trying to talk to my friends through the xbox app on my pc, and it keeps disconnecting me and when I go...
  8. Blocking apps and game purchases with parental code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blocking apps and game purchases with parental code: Is there anyway (online or with xbox) where I can set a code to block apps and game purchases so my kids don't wrack up my Visa? I have looked everywhere for somewhere to set this up!...
  9. Your parent has blocked access to games and apps that aren't published by Microsoft...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Your parent has blocked access to games and apps that aren't published by Microsoft...: Hi, When my son logged in to his friend's xbox, my son's mail, calendar and contacts ended up working on his iphone connected to outlook.com. When he tries to connect, he gets this error...
  10. blocked access to games and apps that aren't published by Microsoft

in XBoX on Consoles
    blocked access to games and apps that aren't published by Microsoft: our sons outlook email address is on our IOS devices and checking the emails has never been a problem until the last few days. We are now being prompted by the iPhone/iPad to enter the password....