Xbox App Can’t connect to console at the moment (0x80000005)

Discus and support Xbox App Can’t connect to console at the moment (0x80000005) in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; My xbox app keeps showing me this error and cannot conncet to my xbox. It will show me that it can find my xbox but when i try to conncet, it gives me... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by IsaacAkhigbe, Apr 7, 2019.

1. IsaacAkhigbe
    IsaacAkhigbe Guest

My xbox app keeps showing me this error and cannot conncet to my xbox. It will show me that it can find my xbox but when i try to conncet, it gives me the error in the title of the post, along with the error code 0x80000005. I have tried EVERYTHING to fix
    this. When I type in my Xbox’s ip number, it gives me another error and still wont connect. Everything is set to what it should be. I have allowed sharing and streaming on my xbox. I have also tried soft resting my console with no luck. I deleeted the app
    on my phone and my laptop and reinstalled. I have tried signing in and out of my xbox and the app. I’ve gone all over the net to forums and videos and still cant find a solution. And xbox still hasnt called me back. This is honestly frustrating and a waste
    of time. All help will be much appriciated.

Cheers,

Isaac

Xbox App Can’t connect to console at the moment (0x80000005) [​IMG]

Xbox App Can’t connect to console at the moment (0x80000005) [​IMG]

:)

IsaacAkhigbe, Apr 7, 2019
  2. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi Isaac,

Thanks so kindly for the update and photos with your reply. From what I can see, it looks like your console is doing just fine as far as the networking details, and it appears you may be on the same IP on both devices and the SSID as well, so this is definitely
    a conundrum. Ideally, you should be connecting; however, you are not.

It may be worth a try manually switching up your DNS to a Google Public DNS for testing purposes on both your iPhone WiFi settings and the Xbox One console as well. In addition to this, you should also set up a static IP address for the console just to be
    sure that it remains on that IP and doesn't switch up.

Network settings on Xbox One

Network ports used by Xbox Live on Xbox One

Alternatively, after researching the error code (which I found was associated with updates of sorts on Win10 devices) and the interface between the iPhone and Xbox App, I did notice that there was a trend at some point of the iPhone 6 (specifically) having
    issues with Xbox App usage due to not being updated.

A bit of a long shot, but essentially, you may want to try logging out of the Xbox App on your iPhone (Settings > Sign Out) and then deleting the app and searching for an update for your iPhone. If it does perform the update, then go ahead
    and add the Xbox App back onto the phone, log into the app and attempt to connect your two devices once more. Barring that working, you may want to
    contact Apple Support
    to see if they have anything to impart on this, or have any further information regarding the situation.

Give this a try and please let us know the results.

I hope that this helps you a bit more.
  3. IsaacAkhigbe Win User

Hi,

Have a look and tell me whats up

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Isaac,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still running into this issue. You've done quite a bit of troubleshooting to no success so I'm starting to think it's network related and not necessarily console software problems since you've already hard reset and soft factory
    reset your Xbox. Connecting the console to your devices is highly dependent on whether or not they are all on the same subnetwork and wireless band.

Go ahead and check your Network settings on the console and run a Detailed network test to get an idea of your networks stats. Do the same on the Xbox app and make sure the app is properly connected to Xbox Live.

Have you ever manually changed the SSID of your network? Double check that the SSID is displayed exactly the same on both devices.
  5. IsaacAkhigbe Win User

Hi I just tried this and nothing happened
  6. IsaacAkhigbe Win User

Hi sorry for the late response.

i have tried all these things still with no sucsess. I did not however call apple support. I figured that if I cannot stream to my Windows laptop for the same reason as my iphone, then apple probably would have nothing to do with it. I may try on the weekend
    when i have more time. This is just very strange as everything seems to line up. I have also attached a picture of how it looks on my laptop. I changed its settings and IP and its address as well. I can see my xbox but I cannot connect.

Thanks

[​IMG]
Thema:

1. Xbox App Can’t connect to console at the moment (0x80000005) - Similar Threads - App Can’t connect

2. Can’t find inbox on Xbox app to get Minecraft earth skin

in XBoX on Mobile
    Can’t find inbox on Xbox app to get Minecraft earth skin: i signed up for minecraft earth to get the free earth skin and it said to check your inbox i checked and it wasn’t there how do i get to the inbox on the xbox app?...
  3. Can’t play games or apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t play games or apps: When i turn on my xbox one there is sound and then it cuts out after i get to the dashboard . no app or game will load up just the title screen and then and error code 0x800706ba thus happened...
  4. Can’t install games from Xbox and Xbox pass app

in XBoX on Mobile
    Can’t install games from Xbox and Xbox pass app: Hi, wonder if anyone can help me. Ive got the xbox and xbox pass app on IOS, both signed in to my account. But when i try to install a game on either, a error message pops up saying it cant or...
  5. Xbox app on iOS why can’t I purchase games?

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox app on iOS why can’t I purchase games?: Maybe its just me but im pretty sure you use to be able to. You should be able to anyway or am I just missing something. 0a1a3b02-0031-481c-9045-d572640ffd6a
  6. I can’t open my Xbox accessories app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t open my Xbox accessories app: No matter how many times i try i cant open my xbox accessories app. Ive talked to xbox support and they made me restart my console and check for updates but it still wont open!!...
  7. I can’t get notified of new messages in Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t get notified of new messages in Xbox app: I am not being notified of messages via the Xbox app on my phone. When I check “message” in Settings, it refuses to save. Every other box will save the settings if I check it, but not message....
  8. Please help getting a service message and can’t play most apps and movies I live in the U.K

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please help getting a service message and can’t play most apps and movies I live in the U.K: Hi please can anyone help I’ve just bought some movies but when I try to play them I get a message saying apologies, our service isn’t working properly at the moment. To check Xbox Live service...
  9. Can’t connect to Xbox One using Xbox app or smartglass on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Can’t connect to Xbox One using Xbox app or smartglass on Windows 10: Hi there, I can’t connect to Xbox One using Xbox app or smartglass on Windows 10 so I cannot stream games. The wi-fi connection between my laptop and xbox one is working fine as i tested it...
  10. Can’t find the game after Redeemed it thru Xbox app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t find the game after Redeemed it thru Xbox app.: I redeemed the code using the xbox app but it is not showing in my xbox console queue or anywhere. 03a2ae21-7d53-4cfe-b5aa-976d0c57e970