Xbox app can't install paid games on ARM devices

Discus and support Xbox app can't install paid games on ARM devices in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I can't for the life of me find how to open a support ticket directly with Microsoft - the website just keeps sending me around in circles, so this is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by brandyballoon, May 2, 2022.

1. Xbox app can't install paid games on ARM devices

I can't for the life of me find how to open a support ticket directly with Microsoft - the website just keeps sending me around in circles, so this is my best bet for now I guess :-/

There seems to be an ongoing problem where the Xbox app fails to install paid content on ARM machines. Please refer to this:

https://kb.parallels.com/en/125640

That article is titled "Playing Windows games via built-in Xbox app in Parallels Desktop", however it turns out that the problem can be reproduced with Windows 11 running natively on ARM Surface devices, which suggests the problem is related to the machine architecture, and that the VM is a red herring.

Anyone know a solution to this? It's very frustrating that I can't install games that I've paid for.

[edit] It might be specifically a Game Pass issue, if that helps at all.

:)

brandyballoon, May 2, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

You can't install games on Windows currently without using the Xbox app
  3. brandyballoon Win User

OK I had a look at that, thanks. It was mentioned that Game Pass itself is not compatible with ARM. The problem with that is that the Windows Store directs the user to the Xbox app for the download, and then the download fails. This seems to be unrelated to whether or not the particular game in question will or will not work.

So I guess the question is... How can I install the game *without* using the Xbox app?

Thanks.
  4. brandyballoon Win User

5. Obsessive Power Win User

It sounds like perhaps a logical incompatibility based on the assumption that I'm on a Surface (as opposed to a fully fledged ARM based PC), when it may not be incompatible at all :(
    Don't you mean "fully fledged PC" rather than ARM based? As no matter what ARM based machine you had, the fact would still remain that the machine would still be ARM based rather than X86/64 and you'd still have the compatibility problems.

Even the high end Surface X86/64 machines are still not suited to PC games.
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

As I mentioned, is a compatibility issue with the device compatibility, you will see compatible devices on the site before purchase

The ones you will be able to play should be the ones compatible with surface

[​IMG]
Thema:

1. Xbox app can't install paid games on ARM devices - Similar Threads - app can't install

2. Can't install game on the Xbox app on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install game on the Xbox app on PC: Hello, I tried installing a game on my laptop through the xbox app but due to system updates my laptop kept resetting. The game install had just kept pausing and continuing through this until it...
  3. Can't install xBox App on Windows

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install xBox App on Windows: Hello, Since a few days ago I had a problem where my xbox app on windows was freezing when starting it and had to close it with the task manager. I wanted to try fixing it using the repair option...
  4. Can't open ANY game when Xbox Game App installed - Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't open ANY game when Xbox Game App installed - Windows 11: About a week ago I went to load up a game on Game Pass (Weird West) but when I searched for the Xbox app it was missing. I ended up reinstalling the app and then went to play something else....
  5. Can't install any game via xbox app windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't install any game via xbox app windows 11: Dear all, hello, I've just built my new pc and installed a fresh version of Windows 11 PRO in it. After finishing all the necessary stuff needed for my pc, i've decided to finally play some game...
  6. Can't install games on Xbox PC Game Pass App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install games on Xbox PC Game Pass App: I have recently came to the issue of not being able to install games on the Xbox app. The cause seems to be the app not recognizing me as administrator when I am one. I have previously installed...
  7. Can't install anything on the game pass app for PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install anything on the game pass app for PC: I am unable to install anything on my app for the PC Game Pass when I try to I get this message. I go to my settings and change the drive it's installing into and nothing happens. I try to install...
  8. can't install game from xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can't install game from xbox app: i bought a game from the xbox app but its not giving me an option to install it, it is in my order history and even the xbox website has the "install to" button, clicking on it launches the xbox...
  9. Can't install Game Pass games with the xbox pc app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install Game Pass games with the xbox pc app: I was able to use the app just a few weeks ago, but now I can't install any games. I get an error that says error code 0x00000001) I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I've updated my...
  10. I can't install any games or apps onto my xbox.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install any games or apps onto my xbox.: Whenever I try to install a game or app onto my xbox, whether it's from the Microsoft store or my games library, the installation sits on "installing" forever. Sometimes it also just stops. I have...