Xbox app can’t view or send messages

Discus and support Xbox app can’t view or send messages in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hiya, I can’t view or send messages on the xbox app . Everytime i go into messages it says ‘ Live updates not available . Pull down to refresh ‘ . Been... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Milady Curtsey, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Xbox app can’t view or send messages

Hiya, I can’t view or send messages on the xbox app . Everytime i go into messages it says ‘ Live updates not available . Pull down to refresh ‘ . Been like it for 2 weeks now , it just sits at that screen. I have done everything suggested , signed in
    and out , uninstall and reinstall , app is up to date and not on the beta, eveyththing else works on the app.

:)

Milady Curtsey, Sep 9, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Milady Curtsey,

The issue is due to the mobile app trying to load old chat threads which it was not designed to do, while messages everywhere else will load the old legacy threads without issue. The solution would be to delete old Xbox Live message threads either
    directly from an Xbox One console, or on the Xbox Live website (https://account.xbox.com/en-US/Social).

Once you clear up old message threads, clear the cache on your mobile device and try loading up your messages again on the Xbox mobile app. You can follow this

thread
    for the quickest way on how to delete old threads on an Xbox One console.

I hope this helps!
  3. napalm 31337 Win User

The not working app is the "Companion console Xbox" ?
  4. Milady Curtsey Win User

Hiya Diego ,

I will delete it all and let you know if it works.

Thankyou for your help

😊😊
  5. Milady Curtsey Win User

Thought it was unwise to use beta app as it is unstable, this app i am on was fine until a few weeks ago ,everything else works fine ,except for messages
  6. Milady Curtsey Win User

I posted a pic if app above ^^^
Thema:

1. Xbox app can’t view or send messages - Similar Threads - app can’t view

2. Can’t view my friends captures on the Xbox app

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t view my friends captures on the Xbox app: Hi, I was trying to view my friends captures on the IOS Xbox app but the tab to click is gone. Is this a bug or was it just removed? Any help would be great submitted by /u/jhonfrankford...
  3. I can’t download xbox insider app

in XboX Insiders
    I can’t download xbox insider app: I downloaded again Minecraft for Windows 10 (it’s redeemed) and it’s in beta version 1.16.20 or something and I searched how to get out of that and I can’t access to the Xbox insider hub cause I’m...
  4. Can’t see who friends are following anymore on Xbox app ? The two sats following but shows...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t see who friends are following anymore on Xbox app ? The two sats following but shows...: Hello, I saw that the xbox app updated but now i cannot see who my friends aee follwing? When i go to click on the tab it says following but it shows fhe caprures when that tab is not even their...
  5. Why did they shorten feeds on the app!? I can’t see things from two months ago.

in XboX Insiders
    Why did they shorten feeds on the app!? I can’t see things from two months ago.: I’m new to Reddit so sorry if this is posted wrong but can anyone inform me why all feeds (mind and friends) have narrowed down and it’s only showing a few from the last month or two and then a...
  6. Can’t add friends on Minecraft app on ipad

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t add friends on Minecraft app on ipad: The app says i cannot add friends because of the way my accoutnt is set up but i can add friend in the xbox app on the same ipad using the same microsoft account....
  7. Can’t open gamepass app. What to do

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t open gamepass app. What to do: I installed trhe preview build and it says go to the Microsoft store. Can’t show gamepass right now. Any idea ? submitted by /u/totofra [link] [comments]
  8. Xbox One can’t connect to Xbox Companion App on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One can’t connect to Xbox Companion App on PC: Ive tried just about everything and can’t get my Xbox to connect to the App on my PC. I go to connections and add device but when I click connect I get the message “We couldn't connect to your...
  9. Can’t find an app which Microsoft is compatible with?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t find an app which Microsoft is compatible with?: Hi all, i hope somebody can help me! I just signed up to starz play hoping to be able to download this app onto my xbox one. When i went onto the microsoft store via my xbox and searched for this...
  10. Can’t install apps or games on my Xbox one s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t install apps or games on my Xbox one s: I have tried every method of my knowledge (online also) and my xbox refuses to install any apps. Ive tried clearing my cache by holding the power button for 10 seconds (hard reset,) i have tried...