Xbox app can’t view or send messages

Discus and support Xbox app can’t view or send messages in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hiya, I can’t view or send messages on the xbox app . Everytime i go into messages it says ‘ Live updates not available . Pull down to refresh ‘ . Been... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Milady Curtsey, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Xbox app can’t view or send messages

Hiya, I can’t view or send messages on the xbox app . Everytime i go into messages it says ‘ Live updates not available . Pull down to refresh ‘ . Been like it for 2 weeks now , it just sits at that screen. I have done everything suggested , signed in
    and out , uninstall and reinstall , app is up to date and not on the beta, eveyththing else works on the app.

:)

Milady Curtsey, Sep 9, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Milady Curtsey,

The issue is due to the mobile app trying to load old chat threads which it was not designed to do, while messages everywhere else will load the old legacy threads without issue. The solution would be to delete old Xbox Live message threads either
    directly from an Xbox One console, or on the Xbox Live website (https://account.xbox.com/en-US/Social).

Once you clear up old message threads, clear the cache on your mobile device and try loading up your messages again on the Xbox mobile app. You can follow this

thread
    for the quickest way on how to delete old threads on an Xbox One console.

I hope this helps!
  3. napalm 31337 Win User

The not working app is the "Companion console Xbox" ?
  4. Milady Curtsey Win User

Hiya Diego ,

I will delete it all and let you know if it works.

Thankyou for your help

😊😊
  5. Milady Curtsey Win User

Thought it was unwise to use beta app as it is unstable, this app i am on was fine until a few weeks ago ,everything else works fine ,except for messages
  6. Milady Curtsey Win User

I posted a pic if app above ^^^
Thema:

1. Xbox app can’t view or send messages - Similar Threads - app can’t view

2. Can’t access my messages through the Xbox app

in XBoX on Mobile
    Can’t access my messages through the Xbox app: Whenever i try to access my messages i get an error saying “live updates not available” i’ve tried reinstalling the app multiple times to see if that would fix the problem as well as signing out...
  3. Can’t find the Mixer app anywhere

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t find the Mixer app anywhere: The Mixer app just deleted its self and now i cant find it in the store. How do i get it back? db6b8be8-4b1d-49c9-9318-c4d378042480
  4. Why can’t I send messages from my Xbox app

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I send messages from my Xbox app: well like the title said I am using it on the pc and I don't think I have a bad rep couse well my mic is dead so kinda hard to talk to anybody... e7356812-0b47-485c-9f77-03e16aa85c82
  5. Can’t find inbox on Xbox app to get Minecraft earth skin

in XBoX on Mobile
    Can’t find inbox on Xbox app to get Minecraft earth skin: i signed up for minecraft earth to get the free earth skin and it said to check your inbox i checked and it wasn’t there how do i get to the inbox on the xbox app?...
  6. Can’t play games or apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t play games or apps: When i turn on my xbox one there is sound and then it cuts out after i get to the dashboard . no app or game will load up just the title screen and then and error code 0x800706ba thus happened...
  7. Can’t install games from Xbox and Xbox pass app

in XBoX on Mobile
    Can’t install games from Xbox and Xbox pass app: Hi, wonder if anyone can help me. Ive got the xbox and xbox pass app on IOS, both signed in to my account. But when i try to install a game on either, a error message pops up saying it cant or...
  8. Xbox App Can’t connect to console at the moment (0x80000005)

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox App Can’t connect to console at the moment (0x80000005): My xbox app keeps showing me this error and cannot conncet to my xbox. It will show me that it can find my xbox but when i try to conncet, it gives me the error in the title of the post, along...
  9. Xbox app on iOS why can’t I purchase games?

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox app on iOS why can’t I purchase games?: Maybe its just me but im pretty sure you use to be able to. You should be able to anyway or am I just missing something. 0a1a3b02-0031-481c-9045-d572640ffd6a
  10. I can’t open my Xbox accessories app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t open my Xbox accessories app: No matter how many times i try i cant open my xbox accessories app. Ive talked to xbox support and they made me restart my console and check for updates but it still wont open!!...