Xbox app chat started cutting in and out

Discus and support Xbox app chat started cutting in and out in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; Hi Recently ive been using the xbox app for apple devices to chat with my friends while i wait for my controller replacement, it has started to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by PizzaMan585, Jan 6, 2020.

1. PizzaMan585
    PizzaMan585 Guest

Hi

Recently ive been using the xbox app for apple devices to chat with my friends while i wait for my controller replacement, it has started to present issues with recieving my friends voices, ive confirmed that my voice has no troubles getting to them. Ive
    also tested my internet when it occurs which every thing seems fine nothing out of the normal, what is different with my xbox to my ipad is my ipad has no Port forwarding and of course has wireless connection (ps im 2 metres away form the router, so there
    shouldn't be any problems with that)

it seems to occur at very random intervals, i can sometimes hear a quiet click when someone is talking and i cannot hear their voice, weirdly enough i can see their profile pic expand when their talking just like normal yet their voice cannot be heard

should i try some port forwarding?

Is anyone else having this issue?

If any clarification is needed please ask

:)

PizzaMan585, Jan 6, 2020
  2. Bacardi Bocaj Win User

I am having the exact same problem and nobody seems to be able to help me with it. Even tried contacting their customer support lines. They claimed it was a wifi issue, when it clearly is not as the same thing happens whether I’m off the wifi using my data
    or on the wifi. And i usually have good wifi.

I am under the assumption it is a bug that arrived with the latest update to the app, because ever since i downloaded that update (because before the update the app would randomly crash) it has been happening, and has not happened to me ever in the time
    before the update.

If you get yours fixed, please message me on xbox, my gamertag is and let me know how you did it. I currently have no working mic and this bug is making it incredibly hard to enjoy gaming for me
  3. PizzaMan585 Win User

Yes the update in early December caused it to occur more frequently, fortunatly for me i now have my controller back and can now use normal xbox chat, so i unfortunatly will not know when it is fixed
  4. PizzaMan585 Win User

I did try that it didn't seem to change anything, i might as well try again, just incase i had a bad install
  5. Crush The W0rld Win User

I had this issue for a bit but i went away after i uninstalled and reinstalled the app try that could work for you and if it doesnt sorry i couldnt help.
  6. Miss Kleo Win User

Party chat randomly cuts out

Hey there Immortal Muff1n! Sorry to hear you've been having communication issues. Let's see what we can figure out! First, can you tell us what router and modem, make and model you're using? Can you tell us what headset you're using? Have you tried all the
    steps listed in our sticky on how to
    Troubleshoot communicating with other players
    ? Let us know and we'll work from there. :)
Thema:

1. Xbox app chat started cutting in and out - Similar Threads - app chat started

2. Xbox App Voice Chat While In Different Window

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox App Voice Chat While In Different Window: Ok so i have an odd one. Lets say I start a voice chat with someone on Xbox App, then I open Minecraft Pocket (IOS), but keep Xbox App open in the background. Would I still be able to talk to/...
  3. Voice chat volume for IOS on Xbox App

in XBoX on Mobile
    Voice chat volume for IOS on Xbox App: As far as i am aware so far there is no way of adjusting the volume of a party with in the xbox app on IOS. I use the xbox on my ipad and am have started to join parties with friends while playing...
  4. Xbox Console Companion App Party Chat

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Console Companion App Party Chat: I had the issue that party chat would not work. I could not hear anybody and they couldn't hear me, i tried changing the audio devices and tried just listening through the monitor speakers but...
  5. Party chat problems on Windows 10 Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Party chat problems on Windows 10 Xbox app: I'm having problems with the xbox app for windows 10 as my friends in my party can't hear me speak in my microphone. My microphone works fine as I have tested it on skype on my pc and on my Xbox....
  6. Xbox Companion App party chat not working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Companion App party chat not working?: Hey. So I'm currently on Windows 10 using the Xbox Companion App, and I'm trying to join my friend's party chat (who is on Xbox One). However, when I join the party (or they join my party), I...
  7. What's going on with party chat on the Xbox App on Windows 10?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What's going on with party chat on the Xbox App on Windows 10?: Using the Xbox app you can use a studio mic for broadcasting. However, recently party chat has been disconnecting often. Its been a little over 2 weeks now. I tried reinstalling. How do I fix...
  8. Xbox Companion App Party Chat wont stay connected

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Companion App Party Chat wont stay connected: Hi everyone, Having quite the issue with my Xbox Companion app on my PC. Every time i join my Xbox friends parties it never ends up connecting me and in fact it disconnects me from the party...
  9. I started a voice chat and my (ios) app crashed (i have deleted and reinstalled it)

in XBoX on Mobile
    I started a voice chat and my (ios) app crashed (i have deleted and reinstalled it): So I was playing Minecraft and wanted to chat with a freind so i started a voice chat. My app crashed to the homescreen so I deleted the app reinstaled the app and logged in it still crashed?!...
  10. PC Xbox (Beta) App/Game Bar will only let me start a Private Chat

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC Xbox (Beta) App/Game Bar will only let me start a Private Chat: With the newly arrived Xbox (Beta) app with the Game Pass for PC content, when I invite a friend to a voice chat using either the app itself or the game bar, My friends are saying that I invited...