Xbox app crashes during uploading videos

Discus and support Xbox app crashes during uploading videos in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I created a montage using editing software not on the xbox and clips in my DVR. I tried uploading the video using Window 10 Xbox app, it crashes. The... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SexyMasterChief, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Xbox app crashes during uploading videos

I created a montage using editing software not on the xbox and clips in my DVR. I tried uploading the video using Window 10 Xbox app, it crashes. The app crashing every time at about 98% - 99%. I have done smaller test with photos and clip not edited from
    the xbox DVR, and they failed as well. Is there away around this? eta on an update to fix this?

:)

SexyMasterChief, Oct 25, 2016
  2. Windows 10 Xbox APP crashes 98% on all video uploads after update

Many people are having this problem, Xbox APP just crashes at 98% of the video upload. It's not from using a 3rd party editor, I use the official XBOX app to upload and get the same results. 98% Xbox APP crashes, video does not get uploaded to our feed. Pictures
    do upload without issue. I've tried trimming clips to 30 seconds or less, same result. Now this only starting happening after one of the recent Xbox app updates on Windows 10.

For me it happens constantly on Forza Horizon 3,Gears of War 4, and now Quantum Break for Windows 10.

Forza Horizon 3 and Gears of War 4 has told me numerous times after taking vids/screenshots in Windows 10 that it doesn't even know what the game is hah.. "unknown game". Can't upload much because of the crashing issue on videos.

This is on the MSFT side of things, not the uploader's system files or hardware.

I was forwarded here by a Microsoft rep.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/xbox-app-crashes-during-uploading...

AdeezlFoSheezl, Oct 25, 2016
  3. Countdown3
    Countdown3 Guest
    Xbox App crashes when uploading captures

PhidzMac02,

Thank you for the reply, but I don't see anything in that link that addresses my issue. There is a lot of troubleshooting there for people having trouble recording clips on their PC, but I am not trying to do that, I don't even play from my PC. I am just
    trying to upload the clip which was recorded on my Xbox and saved to OneDrive. I have figured out that clips over 40 seconds seem to crash it, whereas shorter ones don't. But this is a pain because if I have a 2 minute clip, I need to cut it into sections
    to upload it and it looks bad trying to piece it back together.

Others have had this problem too, but I don't see a solution in their forum posts either:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/xbox-app-crashes-during-uploading...

Xbox App Crash when Uploading. : pcgamingtechsupport

Countdown3, Oct 25, 2016
  4. Xbox app crashes during uploading videos

cool, thanks for the help 'sarcasm'

SexyMasterChief, Oct 26, 2016
  5. Did you ever figure this out? This garbage forum is no help.

IVI I S IF I T, Nov 2, 2018
  6. IVI I S IF I T Win User

Did you ever figure this out? This garbage forum is no help.
  7. SexyMasterChief Win User

cool, thanks for the help 'sarcasm'
  8. INutUpOrShutUpI Win User

Xbox video freezing (xbox one)

My Xbox one freezes and shuts down during any/every video based apps(twitch, upload, Xbox video, etc) I'll be watching a video and about 1minute into it it'll freeze my Xbox and *** it down. Dont know how to fix it
  9. Countdown3 Win User

Xbox App crashes when uploading captures

Hi,

There are several reasons why the Xbox app crashes when you're trying to upload your game captures. Two of these are having a corrupted app file and incorrect configuration setting. To help you resolve this concern, we recommend that you check out the link
    below and follow the solutions provided by Ackis.

Click here

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.
    PhidzMac02,

Thank you for the reply, but I don't see anything in that link that addresses my issue. There is a lot of troubleshooting there for people having trouble recording clips on their PC, but I am not trying to do that, I don't even play from my PC. I am just
    trying to upload the clip which was recorded on my Xbox and saved to OneDrive. I have figured out that clips over 40 seconds seem to crash it, whereas shorter ones don't. But this is a pain because if I have a 2 minute clip, I need to cut it into sections
    to upload it and it looks bad trying to piece it back together.

Others have had this problem too, but I don't see a solution in their forum posts either:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgamingtechsupport/comments/5d8vgr/xbox_app_crash_when_uploading/
  10. callietheraven Win User

Youtube app is not working

I am also having a problem right now where the Youtube app isn't uploading videos. It was working fine two days ago when I last uploaded a video to YouTube. But sometime later, the app wasn't able to upload. When I selected a video to upload, the app showed
    the progress bar of the video uploading, then the app informed when the upload was 100% complete, but when I went to my YouTube video manager, the video would not appear. My YouTube page would say the Upload Failed: Cannot process file. I also noticed that
    the YouTube app on Xbox was suspiciously uploading a 9 minute long video too fast. Normally when I upload a video that long, it takes a while, but when this error occurred, the YouTube app was speeding too fast to be believable. Maybe that has something to
    do with it.
Thema:

1. Xbox app crashes during uploading videos - Similar Threads - app crashes during

2. Xbox PC (Beta) app crashing on sign in

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox PC (Beta) app crashing on sign in: This sub may not be the right place but I was pointed here by another user so hopefully it's okay. I'm having an issue with the Xbox PC app for game pass unlimited. When I try to sign it the app...
  3. Xbox Console App crashing

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Console App crashing: Anybody else having problems with the app crashing? Mine closes every time I go into a club and try to search for a member. 6eac860f-f3de-494c-87bc-80da1f459abf
  4. Xbox Game Pass PC App - Crash after Login

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass PC App - Crash after Login: I've downloaded the Xbox Game Pass PC App on the day it was announced and have installed two games. Since two weeks I noticed, that I'm no longer logged into my account, but I could continue to...
  5. XONEX crashes, games/apps cant be opened or IF they open once in a while, DLCs are gone...

in XboX Insiders
    XONEX crashes, games/apps cant be opened or IF they open once in a while, DLCs are gone...: I should begin by saying that I am part of the Insiders program and receive alpha version firmware. Lately, my Xbox One X appears to be falling apart. I receive the same error code over and over...
  6. Game Pass app for iOS crashes when selecting default console

in XBoX on Mobile
    Game Pass app for iOS crashes when selecting default console: Using the current version of the app (released early June 2019), on an iPhone 8 with iOS 12, the app instantly quits when i tap on my console in settings to make it the default. I also tried this...
  7. App crashes during start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    App crashes during start: Hi I have an issue that I can not start Minecraft on my Xbox one. I get the initial "Mojang" screen and then back to main menu in xbox. I found two potential solutions: Delete and re-add my...
  8. Xbox One app for iOS Crashes during authentication on iOS 9.3.5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One app for iOS Crashes during authentication on iOS 9.3.5: Latest version of iOS fixing exploits has caused incompatibility issues with the Xbox one app and it crashes on launch. Deleting and reinstalling does not fix the issue. Changing time format to...
  9. YouTube / FXNow / Comedy Central app crash during start up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    YouTube / FXNow / Comedy Central app crash during start up: All three apps are unable to get past the initial loading phase and will crash back to the dashboard. I am unable to deactivate or unlink my account because I cannot make it to any menu before the...
  10. WWE app crashes during VOD

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WWE app crashes during VOD: Anyone else having issues with the WWE app crashing during video on demand? Live streams work fine, but the VODs kick back to the home screen after a few minutes. I don't to have any problems with...