Xbox app crashes upon startup

Discus and support Xbox app crashes upon startup in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; So like the title says, my xbox app crashes upon startup on my iPhone XR running iOS 13. It has only been crashing ever since i updated to iOS 13. If i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by iXR3pT0G0Dzz, Aug 9, 2019.

1. iXR3pT0G0Dzz
    iXR3pT0G0Dzz Guest

So like the title says, my xbox app crashes upon startup on my iPhone XR running iOS 13. It has only been crashing ever since i updated to iOS 13. If i want to use the xbox app, i have to delete it, reinstall it, and by this point it works fine, sign
    in and leave the app open. If the app closes at all, it will just go back to crashing. I have tried reinstalling the app and resetting my phone but none of those work.

:)

iXR3pT0G0Dzz, Aug 9, 2019
  2. Sidney Crosby Win User

You may need to update app or your firmware
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello XR3,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue. If the IOS 13 is new, there may be compatibility issues with the Xbox app. We recommend to wait it out see if there is a patch in next few days either from apple or for Xbox app. Can try uninstall the app,
    restart your phone completely, once it back on then reinstall the app.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. bromanzier Win User

Latest Xbox App Update Problems (Crashing)

I can't even make it to the friends list...

My Xbox app, Xbox beta, and Smart Glass apps are crashing immediately upon launch, I see the green loading screen for a fraction of a second then crash. Very frustrating.
  5. DANDIRTCHEAP Win User

Xbox App

Having the same issue myself.

Xbox app on iOS 12.2 (iPhone XS), crashes upon the Microsoft account login screen. Have submitted the crash report, so fingers crossed..!
  6. Misses Quinzel Win User

iOS Smartglass will not open anymore

Hey there, saxman!

We are indeed aware of a situation with the iOS version of the Xbox App crashing upon opening it. We’ve fixed a number of startup crashes based on data that has come back from the community, but we’re having trouble nailing down the specific conditions that
    are causing the issues that you’re seeing. We’re hoping you can provide a bit more data and try a few experiments for us in order to help us narrow down and fix the issue that is affecting you.

1. When you say crashing on startup, are you seeing any user interface before the app crashes? If so, what screen are you seeing right before it crashes?
    2. Upon uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox App, which of the following is happening:
      1. Does it give you an option to sign in, and you can type in your account information before it crashes?
      2. Does it go straight to the signing-in screen (a green screen with a spinner on the bottom) as if it knows your account information, and then crashes?
    3. Are you not getting any user experiences before it crashes?
    4. If you are able to sign in before crashing (option (a) in the list above), can you please try creating a new dummy account and sign in using that account to see if it still crashes? We need to determine whether this is a condition specific to your device
      or whether it is specific to your account before we can proceed further.
    5. Are you willing to let us pass your account information along to the investigating team so that we can ensure there are no account-side issues?

Thanks for helping us continue to investigate the startup issues you’re seeing – we recognize it’s frustrating and we’d like to get this figured out as quickly as we can.

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting.
Thema:

1. Xbox app crashes upon startup - Similar Threads - app crashes upon

2. Xbox (beta) app for Windows 10 crashes my entire PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox (beta) app for Windows 10 crashes my entire PC: Hello, Whenever I start a download with the Xbox app on PC the download starts and then just crashes my entire system. I was able to download sunset overdrive with gamepass but whenever I try to...
  3. Xbox (Beta) app is crashing on launch

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox (Beta) app is crashing on launch: Since 23/10 the Xbox (Beta) app does one of three things every time I try to open it: Opens a completely black window which does not respond to input Displays the green XBox splash screen but...
  4. Crashes, 'getting your app ready' and otherwise poor behaviour

in XboX Insiders
    Crashes, 'getting your app ready' and otherwise poor behaviour: I'm a bit at a loss here. The software is absolutely horendous, as it crashes quite often, my apps are always 'getting ready to launch' and just crash back, and I can't seem to fix it. I've tried...
  5. Xbox app needs a update for ios 13. It keeps crashing.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app needs a update for ios 13. It keeps crashing.: [IMG] submitted by /u/RJ_Smith95 [link] [comments]
  6. XBox One X crashes/loses video signal upon launch of Netflix app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox One X crashes/loses video signal upon launch of Netflix app: A few months ago my Xbox One X started having an issue launching the Netflix app. Upon launch is brings up the Netflix name screen, then goes black then my tv loses signal from the Xbox. I have to...
  7. Microsoft Solitaire Collection iOS App Crashes Upon Sign In Attempt

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection iOS App Crashes Upon Sign In Attempt: The Microsoft Solitaire Collection iOS App crashes to the springboard immediately after tapping Sign In. No login prompt is displayed - it immediately bounces back to the home screen. Signing...
  8. App crashes immediately upon launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    App crashes immediately upon launch: Hello. I'm having the same issue many other iOS users seem to be having, which is the app crashes about two seconds after launch. This has been happening since trying to log into the app during an...
  9. App Consistently Crashes Upon Joining Party Chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    App Consistently Crashes Upon Joining Party Chat: The app crashes with no error message the instant I click to join someone's party chat through their profile. There are no problems however when I join a party chat via accepting an invite to it....
  10. Xbox One smartglass app crashing upon trying to open Oneguide after update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One smartglass app crashing upon trying to open Oneguide after update.: It appears to be something within the app causing this as I have read others having this problem too. Hopefully Microsoft will fix it ASAP. 80ca12a3-ca59-465b-9435-0d1224958fba