Xbox App for PC 'advanced installation and management features' update

Discus and support Xbox App for PC 'advanced installation and management features' update in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hey Xbox Insiders. After a short holiday break, we're working hard to bring advanced install and management features to the Xbox app, and you can... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/XboxApp4Windows, Jan 8, 2022.

1. Xbox App for PC 'advanced installation and management features' update

Hey Xbox Insiders. After a short holiday break, we're working hard to bring advanced install and management features to the Xbox app, and you can expect fixes to continue into next week. If you haven't already, check out the Windows Gaming tab to find out how to get the latest preview version and try these features. You'll also find an updated list of known issues and recent fixes. We appreciate your participation and feedback!”

submitted by /u/XboxApp4Windows
    [link] [comments]

/u/XboxApp4Windows, Jan 8, 2022
  2. V_SP Win User

"Advanced Installation and Management Features" doesn't work in Xbox app for PC

thank you for your reply.

But the reason is not the problem you mentioned. I found it on the Chinese Internet, and the situation is too complicated. Some netizens even said that it still exists after reinstalling Windows 10. So for now, I have given up on solving it😂, and only wait for the official version to come out.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

"Advanced Installation and Management Features" doesn't work in Xbox app for PC

Hi,

There is a limitation on the the insider feature. Not all games allow you to set the install outside of the WindowsApps folder. I'm sure this will be changed in-time and hopefully after the this insider feature becomes the norm for Xbox Game Pass/Windows Store installs.

To know if a game can be installed to the none encrypted 'XboxGames' folder, the title itself must say Administrator approval required for installation.

Using Wolfenstein II as an example:

[​IMG]
  4. FreakRoach Win User

Unable to sign in

As a first step, could you please check if there are any pending updates. If there are install and restart your PC. If there are no updates, still restart your PC.

Try to access Xbox App again.

If problem still persists then you need to Reset your Xbox App. To do so:

1. Press windows key or click Start, type "Apps & features".

2. There in the list of apps, find "Xbox" and click it.

3. Click "Advanced Options"

4. Click "Reset".

5. Restart the app and try to sign in again.
  5. MateusFontana Win User

unable to uninstall, install or update a game

Hello, how are you? Hope you're well. My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. Given the problem you are having, I suggest you try the solution below, please.

Restart your PC
    Make all updates that are available in windows update
    Search the term ''WSRESET'' in the Windows search bar
    Run the command as administrator
    Wait for the window to open to close automatically

Go to Settings>Apps>Apps & Features>Search for Xbox App>Click on it>Advanced Options

Click terminate>Reset>Repair.
    Restart your PC

Open the services by searching the term ''services'' in the Windows search bar and make sure all the services below are running.

Windows Biometric Service
    Windows License Manager Services
    Windows Management Instrumentation
    Windows Management Service
    Windows Modules Installer
    Xbox Accessory Management
    Xbox Live Auth Manager
    Xbox Live Game Save
    Xbox Live Networking Service

*Thank you in advance for contacting the community, I hope this can help you. Let me know if this solves your problem, please.
  6. Jesse E' Win User

Hitman trilogy Gamepass PC crash when loading save

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Click your profile pic in the Xbox app. Select settings, under general, uncheck “use advanced installation and management features”. After that, relaunch the xbox app. And unfortunately, you have to reinstall the game. It should work after that
Thema:

Xbox App for PC 'advanced installation and management features' update

1. Xbox App for PC 'advanced installation and management features' update - Similar Threads - App 'advanced installation

2. "Advanced Installation and Management Features" doesn't work in Xbox app for PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Advanced Installation and Management Features" doesn't work in Xbox app for PC: Sorry for asking this question in the English community because there is no "Game" section in the Chinese Microsoft community. 2 months ago, Microsoft updated the Xbox Insider Hub, and users can...
  3. Xbox (PC) app/MS Store - Advanced Install option causes recognised game updates to instead...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox (PC) app/MS Store - Advanced Install option causes recognised game updates to instead...: Xbox: 2112.1001.10.0 Gaming Services: 3.60.2001.0 Xbox Game Bar: 5.721.12013.0 Windows 11: 22000.348 I recently (as soon as it launched) started using the 'Advanced Installation and Management...
  4. Xbox App for PC - Unable to launch Yakuza: Like a Dragon after the Advanced Installation...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App for PC - Unable to launch Yakuza: Like a Dragon after the Advanced Installation...: This has only happened with this one specific game, the rest of the Yakuza series and the rest of the games included with Game Pass (except the ones that are already listed as non compatible) work...
  5. Xbox App for PC (Latest Preview) Advanced Installation Feature Bug

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App for PC (Latest Preview) Advanced Installation Feature Bug: I recently made custom folder for game installation after enabling the 'Advanced installation' new feature. I was told from the current issue exists in this latest preview is that the app cannot...
  6. Advanced Installation and Management Features available for Insiders through the Xbox App...

in XboX Insiders
    Advanced Installation and Management Features available for Insiders through the Xbox App...: [IMG] submitted by /u/XIPBot [link] [comments]
  7. Game Bar broken after resetting through advance options from Apps & features

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Bar broken after resetting through advance options from Apps & features: Why would Microsoft even allow this to happen if it just breaks the app? I can no longer use it after resetting. Now every time I do W+G it says "You'll need a new app to open this...
  8. Not able to sign into Xbox Windows 10 app at all. Did all advanced steps, uninstalled, ...

in XBoX on Windows
    Not able to sign into Xbox Windows 10 app at all. Did all advanced steps, uninstalled, ...: Haven't been able to sign into my Xbox on Windows 10 app since the last service outage. Was receiving the "0xbba" error, now receiving the error: "0x409 0x80080005". I've done all the Services ->...
  9. Advanced Supply Drop Purchases for 9.99 and 19.99 it says its in my apps and game and it is not

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Advanced Supply Drop Purchases for 9.99 and 19.99 it says its in my apps and game and it is not: Ok very weird situation going on NEED HELP!!! My son has an xbox 1, monitor, own user name, own email, own xbox live account. i have an xbox 1, own monitor, own user name, own email, own xbox live...
  10. advanced warfare companion app not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    advanced warfare companion app not working: icon in my tablet taskbar is blackened and when selected it takes me to charlie intel which offers no info as to status i have played on 360 now to go on one but hard to tell clan war status...