Xbox App for PC (Insider Build) - Personal Issues (Halo MCC)

Discus and support Xbox App for PC (Insider Build) - Personal Issues (Halo MCC) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; After installing the Insider build I experienced a few issues that I would like to share in case they are of use for someone else. Installed build:... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/johnebs, Nov 25, 2021.

1. /u/johnebs
    /u/johnebs Guest

After installing the Insider build I experienced a few issues that I would like to share in case they are of use for someone else.

Installed build:

2112.1000.22.0 (Internal)

3.59.18001.0 (Gaming Services)

5.721.10202.0 (Xbox Game Bar)

Installing Halo MCC

- After installing the game the first time the game was not launching at all. No errors, no nothing.

- Changed the installation location to my C:\XboxGames folder and re-downloaded. Same problem when launching from the Xbox Store.

- Game Service appeared to be corrupted and ended up redownloading the service files using the following old form post:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...tion-via/d3c39e25-2870-47e7-a092-a017c9e02f7d

- Was now able to run the game by executing the .exe manually from the c:\XboxGames folder but not from the Xbox App.

- After clicking 'CHECK FOR UPDATES' on the app, the game was re-downloaded completely and now runs from the Xbox app. The app correctly shows the location of the game and clicking 'browse' takes me to the correct location.

Remaining Issues

I did noticed that now it appears I have two copies of the game. One stored on the C:\XboxGames and one stored on the original path 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Chelan_1.2611.0.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe'. Not sure what version is the Xbox App calling though I believe its the correct one from the 'C:\XboxGames' folder.

Does anyone knows if this is a known issue? Should I / can I delete one of the two copies?

I really don't want to re-download the game again....

submitted by /u/johnebs
    [link] [comments]

/u/johnebs, Nov 25, 2021
  2. WPAK Win User

Halo MCC insider

Hi there,

just to be sure, have you installed Xbox Insider Hub app and enrolled and installed MCC Insider Program via that on the PC?
  3. Zenosos Win User

Xbox Live down

MCC was down as there was an update giving PC owners Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary game playable now. Stay tuned for more such issues to indicate when the other halo games will release for PC MCC
  4. S 17 R0CK Win User

I got the confirmation for halo mcc insider but it’s not there

Hi! Did you access the game via the Xbox Insider app to see if you can download it from there?
    yeah I did and it didn’t appear. There was no downloadable content for the Halo MCC.
  5. BGC sOEaGle64 Win User

Halo MCC insider issue

Hi,

did you sign up and get a verification email via this page:
    https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-insider-program

Since as far as I know that is a requirement to be able to sign up via the Xbox Insider Hub on the Xbox One
    even with emails ( x2 more as per followong Reddit link stating there may have been an issues with gt or registration)
  6. WPAK Win User

Halo MCC insider issue

Thema:

1. Xbox App for PC (Insider Build) - Personal Issues (Halo MCC) - Similar Threads - App Insider Build

2. Xbox App (Windows 11 Home Insider Preview) won't let me choose a drive to install games on

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App (Windows 11 Home Insider Preview) won't let me choose a drive to install games on: Hi, I recently got interested in Game Pass for PC since I have a Game Pass Ultimate subscription for both Xbox and PC. My laptop's internal SSD being too small, I bought a bigger external SSD...
  3. Xbox app for Windows 10: Error 0x80073d0d after new insiders update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app for Windows 10: Error 0x80073d0d after new insiders update: So I installed the new xbox insiders update for Xbox app for Windows 10 for trying out the new files management. While I tried to move my install (within my non system ssd) with the advanced...
  4. Can't leave Minecraft Windows 10 Edition BETA. The Xbox Insider Hub app is deprecated....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't leave Minecraft Windows 10 Edition BETA. The Xbox Insider Hub app is deprecated....: I have two devices on Windows 10 Pro, on both devices I cannot use the Xbox Insider Hub app because it is out of date. And the Xbox Insider Bundle application is simply not available for...
  5. Advanced Installation and Management Features available for Insiders through the Xbox App...

in XboX Insiders
    Advanced Installation and Management Features available for Insiders through the Xbox App...: [IMG] submitted by /u/XIPBot [link] [comments]
  6. Omega build Xbox Insider Hub app opening loop/softlock

in XboX Insiders
    Omega build Xbox Insider Hub app opening loop/softlock: Not sure if this is the right place to post this or if this is a known issue, but just tried to open the Xbox insiders hub today after a few days of not checking it and it threw me into a...
  7. Use insider builds on xbox accessories app

in XboX Insiders
    Use insider builds on xbox accessories app: hey guys, i'm having some conection issues on xbox series using with a windows pc, and searching for an update to solve this i've saw that in xbox it is some builds ahead than the released on...
  8. Compared to public, Insiders builds seems to not be able to handle apps/games in...

in XboX Insiders
    Compared to public, Insiders builds seems to not be able to handle apps/games in...: After going back to the public build this weekend, it's immediately noticeable how EXTREMELY stable it is in terms of maintaining games running in background, even if we open another app or simply...
  9. Xbox Companion App won't connect to my Xbox One S running insider build.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Companion App won't connect to my Xbox One S running insider build.: Now it ran all the time this is the first time I had issues with it. I usually play my games via the Xbox Console Companion app on my pc and now I cannot connect to it. Its says turn on when it's...
  10. Wrong Build Information in Insider Hub App as i just got 1908.190802-1945 On Tuesday 6/8/19

in XboX Insiders
    Wrong Build Information in Insider Hub App as i just got 1908.190802-1945 On Tuesday 6/8/19: [IMG] submitted by /u/SGTSADLER [link] [comments]