Xbox App for PC (Latest Preview) Advanced Installation Feature Bug

Discus and support Xbox App for PC (Latest Preview) Advanced Installation Feature Bug in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I recently made custom folder for game installation after enabling the 'Advanced installation' new feature. I was told from the current issue exists in... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/aaroz88, Nov 22, 2021.

1. /u/aaroz88
    /u/aaroz88 Guest

I recently made custom folder for game installation after enabling the 'Advanced installation' new feature. I was told from the current issue exists in this latest preview is that the app cannot select and remember any of the drives where you remove the custom game folder and I faced this problem after deleted the 4 custom game folders from the 4 drives. When I started installing new game, the app only let me to install in the remaining drives which do not have the custom folder yet. Is there any workaround to fix this where it can select the previously undetected drives? I already tried repair/reset, removing and reinstalling the gaming services and the xbox preview app but the problem still persists.

https://i.ibb.co/Hx9TBpn/Screenshot-2021-11-23-042001.png

submitted by /u/aaroz88
    [link] [comments]

/u/aaroz88, Nov 22, 2021
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Left 4 dead 2

To report any bugs in the latest preview, you can do so (if you have the xbox preview dashboard app installed) by holding down the nexus button (big xbox button) and selecting report a problem. Or you can goto the early access forums and report the bug
    there.
    forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx
  3. BUCMASTER Win User

Pros and Cons of being on the Xbox preview program.

JPep715,

When you say "bugs" do you mean bugs that affect the hardware and can render the Xbox One unplayable for a time or just bugs with a particular feature or app? Speaking of apps, do you get previews of new app being released as well?
  4. Rolodium Win User

Cant login xbox / Windows live app

I am having the same issue, I can log in to the xbox app on my desktop PC running the latest released updates however when I attempt to login on my surface pro 4 I get access denied. I am running the latest preview release (build 14942) so I am assuming
    it is something to do with the preview program (either the pin feature of windows hello)
  5. Daft Badger Win User

I bought Forza 6 some DLC for it and Resident Evil 6 when i was in the preview program a few weeks ago but now that im out of it it says i dont' own the games anymore

Sorry,somehow I missed the part where you said you left the preview despite it being in huge letters lol.

This is from the preview forums:

Hey everyone,

We've received reports from users that games purchased on their latest Xbox One update Preview console will not launch or install on other Xbox One consoles, or on their console after it has been un-enrolled from Preview.

This behavior is called out in the known issues for the latest Xbox One update:

Thanks for helping us test the latest Xbox One update! We’re eager to show off the new features and experiences we’ve been working on. We’ve noted below a few important things to be aware of before you jump in.

Certain content (games, apps, DLC) purchased in the new Store may only be available on consoles enrolled in the latest Preview update. This means…

• Games purchased on a console running the latest Preview update can only be played on that console or other consoles running the latest Preview update.
    • Games purchased via Xbox.com can be played on any console.
    • Games purchased on a console running the previous update can be played on any console.
    When the latest Xbox One update is released to the public, this issue will be resolved and all games, apps, and DLC purchased on the Preview console will install and launch as normal on any Xbox One console.
  6. The Wee Bear Win User

Xbox One Beta Tester

You use the preview app Oni, which allows gamertag invites to be sent directly to Microsoft. The latest preview app contains announcements, mini surveys, bug reporting etc. Changed days from the old beta testing times.
Thema:

1. Xbox App for PC (Latest Preview) Advanced Installation Feature Bug - Similar Threads - App Latest Preview

2. The latest beta Xbox app for Windows (2109.1000.24.0) adds rumble support for xCloud gaming

in XboX Insiders
    The latest beta Xbox app for Windows (2109.1000.24.0) adds rumble support for xCloud gaming: Just got fiber internet installed, and I booted up Forza Horizon 4 and Halo 5 to test cloud gaming. To my surprise, my Xbox Series controller rumbled when playing. This was not the case in the...
  3. Can't Resume the Media Player App After Latest System Update (Restarts After Playing a Game)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Resume the Media Player App After Latest System Update (Restarts After Playing a Game): I know I must be the only one who uses the Media Player app on a regular basis, but after the latest system update, it keeps restarting when switching back after a game. This was not the case...
  4. Dev Mode app on the latest skip ahead alpha won't launch.

in XboX Insiders
    Dev Mode app on the latest skip ahead alpha won't launch.: When I attempt to start the dev mode app on the latest skip ahead alpha (series s) it just immediately closes. I've tried everything from reinstalling the app, factory resetting the Xbox, and...
  5. Twitch App crashing on latest build.

in XboX Insiders
    Twitch App crashing on latest build.: Apparently the Twitch app was updated on my Series X on 4/8. Just tried it today and as soon as it loads it crashes. Don't know if it's because if the latest insider build or because of the twitch...
  6. Spectrum tv app on series x is having freezing and black screen issues since latest skip update

in XboX Insiders
    Spectrum tv app on series x is having freezing and black screen issues since latest skip update: The spectrum tv app is randomly getting black screens on series x and I am unable to do anything but restart the xbox then things are fine again happening alot though enough that its frustrating...
  7. Can I install the Xbox app without the latest version of windows 10?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I install the Xbox app without the latest version of windows 10?: Hi, I want to install the Xbox app on my computer. However, my computer is unable to update, since it breaks the computer and I have to roll back. Is there a way to install the xbox app without...
  8. Issue with launching games and apps (latest beta update 01/26/21

in XboX Insiders
    Issue with launching games and apps (latest beta update 01/26/21: When launching a game or application it'll close itself and needs to be opened a second time, was wondering if anyone else is having this? submitted by /u/Sir_Doggimus [link] [comments]
  9. Latest Xbox App looks for new games in the wrong location

in XBoX on Windows
    Latest Xbox App looks for new games in the wrong location: Since the latest update of the Xbox Windows 10 App (Gamepass/Beta, whatever), any NEW games I download and try to play look in the WRONG location for the game. Games I previously downloaded still...
  10. Xbox app on Kindle Fire 8 HD Issues Latest app Build and Kindle OS

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox app on Kindle Fire 8 HD Issues Latest app Build and Kindle OS: I'm Having Issues with the app displaying No data consoles One S and Series X and Xbox App My xbl Profile (oops looks like you're stranded) try again restart app error I'm thinking network Issues...