Xbox App - Game Clip Trim Audio Delay Issue

Discus and support Xbox App - Game Clip Trim Audio Delay Issue in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, After updating my Windows 10 with the Feature Update version 1083, every time I try to trim game clip videos in the Game DVR using the Xbox App... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by FlipstylePro, May 3, 2018.

1. FlipstylePro
    FlipstylePro Guest

Hi,

After updating my Windows 10 with the Feature Update version 1083, every time I try to trim game clip videos in the Game DVR using the Xbox App (Official) or the Xbox App (Beta) the audio is out of sync and plays ahead by a second or two.

Xbox App Version: 39.39.21002.00000

Is anyone else experiencing this issue after updating their Windows 10? Is there any way to fix the audio issue when trimming game clips?

:)

FlipstylePro, May 3, 2018
  2. Having trouble trimming a clip

After examining your video, and looking at it from my console, The "Trim" option you have available on that bar, isn't available in my app strangely. Not sure why that trim option is there, have you checked to see if the Xbox DVR has been updated recently?

Alternatively (as a work around) to trim your clip, you can "edit in Upload Studio" which will allow you trim the clip in that app (Simply pushing the left stick to move the starting point, and the right stick to move the ending
    point) and will allow you to save and upload the trimmed clip to xbox or onedrive as well.

Wildboy Wiley, May 3, 2018
  3. Roth Dog
    Roth Dog Guest
    Upload Studio Issue

Hi, since about 3 days ago any clip I get into Upload Studio will not trim. I can alter the In and Out points on the clip but when I press "A" to trim clip it goes back the previous screen.

I've deleted the app and reinstalled, powered off the console etc and it still doesn't let me edit or upload. Anyone else has this issue?

Roth Dog, May 3, 2018
  4. FlipstylePro
    FlipstylePro Guest

I did more testing and was able to figure out what happened. If you update your Windows 10 to the new Feature Update it changed my Creative Sound Blaster settings by putting my audio to 5.1 configuration so what I did was to put it back to 2.1 stereo and
    now it's trimming with no audio delay.

FlipstylePro, May 3, 2018
  5. FlipstylePro
    FlipstylePro Guest
    Ok, so I thought it was fixed when I tried it on a few short game clips but actually when I tried a few other ones the issue still happens. I'm not sure whats causing the game clips to cause the audio to go out of sync.

FlipstylePro, Nov 2, 2018
  6. FlipstylePro Win User

I did more testing and was able to figure out what happened. If you update your Windows 10 to the new Feature Update it changed my Creative Sound Blaster settings by putting my audio to 5.1 configuration so what I did was to put it back to 2.1 stereo and
    Ok, so I thought it was fixed when I tried it on a few short game clips but actually when I tried a few other ones the issue still happens. I'm not sure whats causing the game clips to cause the audio to go out of sync.
  7. FlipstylePro Win User

8. PhilParry Win User

Having trouble trimming a clip

I am having an issue with trimming clips too but not the same as you. When I trim my clip and play it back the audio is off sync from the video. So I am sniping someone on BF1 and the sound of the gunshot is like 5 secs later.
  9. Wildboy Wiley Win User

Having trouble trimming a clip

I have now uploaded a video focusing on this issue, it shows me trimming the clips and the issues leading after that, I would hope if someone could watch it and give me some help related to the issue so I can fully trim this clip without any errors occuring,
    thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r2-yKb3D34
    After examining your video, and looking at it from my console, The "Trim" option you have available on that bar, isn't available in my app strangely. Not sure why that trim option is there, have you checked to see if the Xbox DVR has been updated recently?

Alternatively (as a work around) to trim your clip, you can "edit in Upload Studio" which will allow you trim the clip in that app (Simply pushing the left stick to move the starting point, and the right stick to move the ending
    point) and will allow you to save and upload the trimmed clip to xbox or onedrive as well.
  10. Hachodo Win User

Windows 10 Xbox App Crashes When Uploading an (in-app) Trimmed Game Capture

Thank you for the reply. We're doing our best to investigate the issue so that we could identify what's causing you unable to post trimmed captures in the Xbox app. May I know if the issue started after installing the Windows Update on your computer? We're
    suspecting that the update is affecting the functionality of the Xbox app. Also, can you check if there's an update available for Xbox Game Bar in the Windows Store?
    Again, sorry for the delay. This issue started long before the windows update. I noticed it starting to happen around March/April. Before then, I was able to do this swiftly. I also ensured that the app on the Store was updated, which it is. I just tried
    this with a brand new clip that I recorded on my xbox from PUBG. When I download the clip so I can trim it, it crashed the app at 98%. When I reloaded the app, it was in fact downloaded. So I trimmed the original clip which worked fine. But then when I tried
    to upload the clip, it says Sorry, this capture can't be shared We don't recognize this game". I traced the folder on my computer and the path is as follows: C:\Users\Jacob\Videos\Captures. I can play the video on both the xbox app and on my computer, but
    it doesn't want to upload. Do you think this could be a problem with my path or my computer?

ALSO, the trimming function ON THE XBOX ITSELF doesn't work for me either! I trim a video and it freezes at about 75%. This is so frustrating! It is worth noting that my DVR is set to record 2 minutes at a time. Do you think this has anything to do with
    it?
Thema:

1. Xbox App - Game Clip Trim Audio Delay Issue - Similar Threads - App Game Clip

2. Feedback - Allow Management of All Xbox Live Game Clips on Companion App

in XboX Insiders
    Feedback - Allow Management of All Xbox Live Game Clips on Companion App: I'm not sure if this is just local to me right now, but currently it seems that the Xbox companion app on pc only allows you to view and manage the most recent 100 or so game clips you've uploaded...
  3. I cant upload gaming clips to the xbox app homepage

in XBoX on Windows
    I cant upload gaming clips to the xbox app homepage: I just wanted to upload a video of my house in minecraft to xbox to show my friends. I dont remember doing anything. But whenever my school friends come over they play on my account. They also use...
  4. Game clips not showing up in the xbox app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game clips not showing up in the xbox app.: I have alot of game clips and they've always appeared in the xbox app, but i updated the app today and logged into the same account and it says i have no game clips... I logged in and out of the...
  5. Game clips not showing up on the xbox app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game clips not showing up on the xbox app.: I have alot of game clips and they've always appeared in the xbox app, but i updated the app today and logged into the same account and it says i have no game clips... I logged in and out of the...
  6. Xbox App Game Clips not recording

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App Game Clips not recording: Hello, every time I try to record a clip for Rocket League all I get is a white screen in my Game DVR. And it looks like it only happens with Rocket League. The name of the clip in my Game DVR is...
  7. Can not share a game clip to xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can not share a game clip to xbox app: Greetings, Today I opened the Xbox app in hope of recording a full match game clip for Battlefield 1 and sharing it with a few of my friends. I started xbox app on windows 10. I started Origin,...
  8. xbox app on windows 10 wont let me upload game clips

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app on windows 10 wont let me upload game clips: xbox app on windows 10 wont let me upload game clips ive checked my privacy and ive never been warned on xbox live and it is a clip of world of tanks blitz a xbox/windows store app please help...
  9. Uploading Game Clips, And App improvements

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Uploading Game Clips, And App improvements: HUGE ANNOYING ISSUES Please make sure to read the last comment.. I thank you everyone in advance. OK! SO.. The thing is. I have lots of videos recorded on game DVR on the Xbox app.. BUT!! when...
  10. Xbox app "You can't share game clips" error.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app "You can't share game clips" error.: I have recorded game clips from my pc and wanted to share them to my xbox, but when I go to share them, it says "You can't share game clips" with a notice saying it is either my privacy settings...