Xbox app gamertag

Discus and support Xbox app gamertag in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; So basically i changed my xbox name a few months ago to and on the app it showed this name but a few weeks ago it started to show my old name for me... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by ItsFinThePin, Oct 7, 2019.

1. ItsFinThePin
    ItsFinThePin Guest

Xbox app gamertag

So basically i changed my xbox name a few months ago to and on the app it showed this name but a few weeks ago it started to show my old name for me and other people but only on mobile notifications.

i’ve tried logging out and back in and this works but when i go to my account to for example change my gamer picture it changes back to my old name.

does anyone know a solution or know why this is happening?

:)

ItsFinThePin, Oct 7, 2019
  2. OG Gamer Win User

Old gamertag showing on Xbox app

Hi, for some reason my old gamertag is showing on the xbox app, yet I changed my gamertag ages ago. Is there any reason why my old gamertag is showing on the xbox app rather than my new gamertag?
    Try signing out and then signing back in.
  3. Allebas Win User

gamer tag

You can try signing out of the Xbox App and the Minecraft app. Then sign back into your Minecraft app and Xbox app. It should show your correct gamertag on the Minecraft app now especially since it was already showing correctly on the Xbox app.
  4. Gulpee Rex Win User

xbox app closes immediately after launching it

I have the same issue. I found out it was my gamertag was doing it. I have used a different gamertag on the xbox app windows 10. The app didn't crash. So it was my gamertag was doing it.
    So... I have to pay for a new gamertag to fix this issue?!
  5. ItsFinThePin Win User

Xbox app gamertag

Ok thanks hopefully it will just change through time
  6. Watah Mahloan Win User

Xbox app gamertag

I had a similar issue when i changed my GT to this beautiful one :D.

in order to help, one way you can try is to use the cbox app on another device if applicable. Otherwise you could reinstall the app to ensure no previous info is somehow still being acessed via your device.

final thing you can check is to ensure you’re using the most up to date version of the Xbox application. To maximize synergy between it and console where applicable.
Thema:

Xbox app gamertag

1. Xbox app gamertag - Similar Threads - app gamertag

2. Old gamertag showing on Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Old gamertag showing on Xbox app: Hi, for some reason my old gamertag is showing on the xbox app, yet I changed my gamertag ages ago. Is there any reason why my old gamertag is showing on the xbox app rather than my new gamertag?...
  3. Xbox app gamertag

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox app gamertag: J’ai changer mon gamertag hier sur ma xbox mon nouveau gt apparait sur ma xbox one mais sur l’application jai toujours mon ancien gt qui apparait besoin daide. Translation: I changed my gamertag...
  4. Adding a gamertag to the Xbox app

in XBoX on Mobile
    Adding a gamertag to the Xbox app: I am getting my youngest son an xbox for Christmas and I was curious with the app, can I add his gamertag so I can view both his and his brother's account? I want to monitor both from the same...
  5. I can't purchase a gamertag for Xbox App (Win 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't purchase a gamertag for Xbox App (Win 10): So I'm from Croatia and because I have already used free change for my gamertag I want to purchase another. When I switch on my region/language nothing happens, before I was getting an error for...
  6. Cannot change gamertag from any other country than US on both web and app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot change gamertag from any other country than US on both web and app: I don't have US credit card so I can't change my gamertag :( I am on Windows 10 and I live in Canada. 1) https://account.xbox.com/en-US/changegamertag is US, CA page do not exist 2) So when I...
  7. stop gamertag/email on xboxone app win 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    stop gamertag/email on xboxone app win 10: how do i stop the xboxone app in windows 10 from bringing up my gamertag and email...i am trying to clear all my personal data as I am selling the computer and everytime I click on the app it...
  8. Wrong Avatar/Gamertag except in Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wrong Avatar/Gamertag except in Xbox App: Whenever I change my avatar in the editor, it only affects the mainline Xbox services (xbox.com, Xbox Windows 10 app, the start menu). It currently this (onedrive jpg OR click on gamertag on the...
  9. Party app closes automatically when I select my gamertag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Party app closes automatically when I select my gamertag: It seems that since the new update, I can not select my own gamertag within the party snap screen, as this just just unsnaps the app. This has become increasingly frustrating as I can't now switch...
  10. How to load newly chosen & accepted GamerTag from XBox into the XBox Win 10 App.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to load newly chosen & accepted GamerTag from XBox into the XBox Win 10 App.: New XBox One purchased. Signed in with my Microsoft account during initial startup. Given a random Gamertag, which I requested to change to my own choice. New Gamertag requested was available....