Xbox app has me signed in as some random gamertag

Discus and support Xbox app has me signed in as some random gamertag in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have recently purchased a new laptop and although signed in on Microsoft with my gamertag etc when I tried to log in to the xbox app and hit sign in... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by WARCHILD1975, May 29, 2022.

1. WARCHILD1975
    WARCHILD1975 Guest

I have recently purchased a new laptop and although signed in on Microsoft with my gamertag etc when I tried to log in to the xbox app and hit sign in it signed me in as some random gamertag I don't recongnise. I haven't been hacked it just seems like a generic gamertag I may have been given years ago. I feel like it is a log in issue somewhere but even signing out and back in just leads to the same gamertag being signed in. I cant use it as no games or anything is associated with that gamertag.

Cant access live chat with Microsoft either.

:)

WARCHILD1975, May 29, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

That's odd
    Could you try create a new local user on your a PC and then try on that new account to see how it goes?
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today mate

Please try sign out from your Microsoft account everywhere

Then try this:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then do this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Finally do this:
    Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open. Generally speaking, you can install or update the apps. If not, try other methods.
  4. WARCHILD1975 Win User

Done all that, deleted the Xbox app and then reinstalled it. It has a switch accounts button which when I click it says "Not you, I'll look around but doesn't come up with any other accounts even though Im logged into the right account on Microsoft. |So annoying
  5. SleepyWheat7 Win User

Wrong gamertag for my Microsoft Account...

Hey, I have the same problem. When i sign in using my microsoft account on xbox.com it just shows a completely random gamertag that's not mine. But, i can't sign with my gamertag on my xbox as it asks me for my microsoft account, which is somehow attached
    to some other random tag!
  6. OG Gamer Win User

Old gamertag showing on Xbox app

Hi, for some reason my old gamertag is showing on the xbox app, yet I changed my gamertag ages ago. Is there any reason why my old gamertag is showing on the xbox app rather than my new gamertag?
    Try signing out and then signing back in.
Thema:

1. Xbox app has me signed in as some random gamertag - Similar Threads - app has signed

2. new Xbox App version won't load & has to be stopped with task manager. V.2206.1001.5.0 on...

in XboX Insiders
    new Xbox App version won't load & has to be stopped with task manager. V.2206.1001.5.0 on...: These last days I've been trying to game through the Xbox app but since it has been updated it has been a real pain 'cause I always encounter this issue where the Xbox app refuses to load & has to...
  3. Xbox App won't load & has to be stopped with task manager. V.2206.1001.5.0 on W11

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App won't load & has to be stopped with task manager. V.2206.1001.5.0 on W11: These last days I've been trying to game through the Xbox app but it has been a pain in the neck 'cause I always encounter this issue where the Xbox app refuses to load & has to be stopped with...
  4. i cannot download game grounded in xbox game pass pc app. it has error 0x80072f76.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i cannot download game grounded in xbox game pass pc app. it has error 0x80072f76.: Hi i cannot download game grounded in xbox pass pc. it has error 0x80072f76. i try to restart pc. I use microsoft windows 10. and can download and play 2-3 game in xbox gsme pass. Best regards,...
  5. Unable to install game from Xbox app on PC ever since Windows Explorer has derped on startup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install game from Xbox app on PC ever since Windows Explorer has derped on startup: So, TLDR, When I boot PC up, I have to refresh the Windows Explorer by Ctrl Alt Del, otherwise my desktop won't load properly and I have no taskbar. When I go to install games on the Xbox App,....
  6. "This app failed to launch because its trial license has expired."

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "This app failed to launch because its trial license has expired.": I get this error on multiple games. On this occasion it's on 'Human Fall Flat', previously I was getting the same error on 'Age of Empires: Definitive Edition'. [img] As seen in the image, I...
  7. Child MS account has 3rd party apps blocked for Halo MCC??? How do I fix this?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child MS account has 3rd party apps blocked for Halo MCC??? How do I fix this?: I bought the Halo: Master Chief Collection today for my daughter's Steam account so we can play together. Unfortunately, she is unable to login into her Microsoft account where it states that...
  8. Forza 7 Your trial period for this app has expired. Visit the Store to purchase the full app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza 7 Your trial period for this app has expired. Visit the Store to purchase the full app.: I've purchased this. Played this for countless hours. Why since upgrading to Windows 11 every time I go to play this game there is a new problem with it ? Getting beyond a joke. Been really...
  9. Sign in button for the pc app refuses to work, I’ve done everything that google has told me...

in XboX Insiders
    Sign in button for the pc app refuses to work, I’ve done everything that google has told me...: I was told that if I restarted my computer it would be fixed, it wasn’t, then I tried repairing the app and nothing, I used the Xbox companion app and it still didn’t work please help submitted...
  10. The Xbox App on PC won't sign me in, even though It has all of my info.

in XBoX on Windows
    The Xbox App on PC won't sign me in, even though It has all of my info.: I have purchased Sea of Thieves on the Microsoft store on my home desktop. When I booted it up, it would not let me play due to me not being signed into xbox live. I then downloaded the xbox app...