Xbox App is broken, cannot sign in or install apps.

Discus and support Xbox App is broken, cannot sign in or install apps. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I had purchased the Xbox Ultimate Game Pass since I thought I would be able to play the games on my PC. I installed the Xbox app, and it has given me... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by JaceHebert1, Mar 20, 2021.

1. JaceHebert1
    JaceHebert1 Guest

I had purchased the Xbox Ultimate Game Pass since I thought I would be able to play the games on my PC. I installed the Xbox app, and it has given me so much trouble. I could not sign in to an account, I would click the "sign in" button but nothing would happen. Luckily my email is signed in under the Store account so I'm guessing it should allow me to install games. Only problem is, when I go to install a game, a window appears, but it is blank and it will not load. Are there any solutions?

:)

JaceHebert1, Mar 20, 2021
  2. Robertson2002 Win User

Why are Games missing after I have purchased on Games with Gold for free?

new xbox app (beta) is broken. first i first installed it, It showed no games owned. I still could play games installed, but had to search microsoft store for owned games. Now when I try the app it doesn't log me in at all. Broken App that messed up everything.
    console app though bad at least worked.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox 客户端在 Windows 10上突然无法登陆 / The Xbox client suddenly couldn't log in on Windows 10

Hi tanjian,

I'm sorry to hear that you cannot sign into the Xbox app. Let's try re-installing the Xbox app with the Xbox Identity provider app downloaded. Follow these steps:

1. Remove the Xbox app per the PowerShell instructions. Run it as admin:

Windows Key + X > Windows PowerShell > Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage

2. Then, install the Xbox Identity Provider first:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-identity-provider/9wzdncrd1hkw?activetab=pivot:eek:verviewtab

3. Then install the Xbox app:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox/9wzdncrfjbd8?rtc=1&activetab=pivot:eek:verviewtab

4. Launch the app and attempt to sign in.

Let us know if this helps!
  4. Zohman Win User

Unable to install Gears 5 - PC

Seems like Gears 5 needs to be installed using the Xbox PC Beta App. Please check if your Windows 10 is version 1903 or not. If it is an earlier build the Xbox App does not seem to install. i have this problem with my Surface Book 2 which cannot update to
    1903 due to an issue with that build and the surface line. This means i cannot install the Xbox PC app, and as a result i cannot install Gears 5.

The store on a regular computer links to your Xbox App on PC which shoudl allow you to install it.
  5. EagerSkydiver60 Win User

Can't install some games on xbox game pass for PC?

I have restarted, restarted modem, flushed dns, signed in and out etc, also tried task manager fix. tried looking in windows store for updates, as per recommendation from another website. No luck. The mobile app can't install games, my other computer
    can't install games, the windows store can't install games, and the xbox beta app can't install games. This is seriously broken and I haven't seen any effort from Microsoft to fix it
  6. DigitalAddicto Win User

Help with game pass ultimate on pc.

I have the same exact issue. I have verified that the companion and xbox beta app are signed in with the correct account. I have also verified that the Game Pass Ultimate subscription is active on the signed in account.

The XBOX Beta app had been working fine a week or so ago, but I believe a recent update may have broken things. All the existing installed games are playable and work fine. I cannot under any circumstance install a new game pass supported title using the
    app. I receive the image below. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling, resetting etc...

[​IMG]
Thema:

1. Xbox App is broken, cannot sign in or install apps. - Similar Threads - App broken cannot

2. X Box App + games + gaming service broken

in XBoX Games and Apps
    X Box App + games + gaming service broken: So I am very frustrated with this issue and I tried literally anything I could find anywhere on the web. Explaining the issue and what I already tried will take a while so please bear with me.....
  3. PC Xbox App Broken Game Install Button

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC Xbox App Broken Game Install Button: I have Game Pass Ultimate, and the update button for Stardew Valley wasn't working. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the game to fix it, and now I can't install the game at all. The buttons...
  4. xbox app gamepass download is beyond reasonably broken (help me launch a game)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app gamepass download is beyond reasonably broken (help me launch a game): wanna play the new forza. sign in to xbox app Click the button to sign into my account (refuses to authenticate me) no error message just refuses try everything, I have to eventually sign in...
  5. Xbox App Broken. (Again)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App Broken. (Again): Hi, As is the usual for the Xbox PC app something is broken again. 4 days ago it worked fine. Now it's broken. I can't sign out and sign into a different account, because when I sign out and...
  6. Remote Play Via Xbox App Broken On PC

in XboX Insiders
    Remote Play Via Xbox App Broken On PC: Alright so upon using the Xbox App on PC to connect to my console to remote play it connects just fine and then completely freezes like it is "Not Responding" yet it lets me disconnect from remote...
  7. account linking in Xbox PC app (Gamepass for PC) glitchy and broken

in XBoX Games and Apps
    account linking in Xbox PC app (Gamepass for PC) glitchy and broken: account linking in Xbox PC app (Gamepass for PC) glitchy and broken had to repeatedly link steam account in the Xbox PC app 3 times to make it work but can't link Twitch in the app, login is...
  8. Xbox App broken game installs

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App broken game installs: There are two games that the Xbox app will not let me uninstall, finish installing, and when I remove them from the download list, they reappear when I reopen the app every single time. I can't...
  9. Is the HBOMax app broken? (Alpha Skip)

in XboX Insiders
    Is the HBOMax app broken? (Alpha Skip): I’m on the Alpha Skip preview and for the last few weeks the HBOMax app has been broken for me. Never opens, is constantly “ready in a few moments” no matter how many times I delete and...
  10. Xbox app PC completely broken

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app PC completely broken: I have been trying for over a month to download the Halo: MCC via game pass for PC and I keep getting random errors. It might start to download but then after a few minutes it errors out and then...