Xbox app keeps disconnecting during new console setup

Discus and support Xbox app keeps disconnecting during new console setup in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all … I saw this question asked before and there was no answer… yet I need an answer because I would like to be able to play my new Xbox, and so far... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MoniqueUJ, May 19, 2022.

1. MoniqueUJ
    MoniqueUJ Guest

Hi all … I saw this question asked before and there was no answer… yet I need an answer because I would like to be able to play my new Xbox, and so far it has given me nothing but grief tying to get this thing up and running.

It took me 37 - yes, I counted them - attempts to connect the Xbox app to the new console to set it up. Now it lets me get as far as the 1.3GB update that’s apparently necessary then everything stops again and the app disconnects and tells me the code is wrong. Another 8 - 10 attempts each time and I finally get reconnected to the console, only to go through the EXACT SAME THING AGAIN. And again. And again. 11 times with this particular problem and counting.

Surely… surely there must be a fix for this? I mean, if I can’t use the console I just paid $500 for, I’ll be demanding a refund. Because I’m following the instructions, I’ve looked at every help page I can find, I worked through the troubleshooting video (which wasn’t - it was just the same instructions that were on the original page), and I organized a callback from the help desk (which was futile because the line was so bad that the nice lady on the other end sounded like a Wookie gargling an oyster). At least, I assume she was nice - she sounded like a friendly Wookie gargling an oyster, so…

So is there anything that has worked for anyone else? I’m on iOS and have an xbox series S

Cheers, FlippantLoki

:)

MoniqueUJ, May 19, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

No problem, Monique. I'll wait for the error message.
  3. MoniqueUJ Win User

Okay - I’m not doing anywhere near what’s in that video because I can’t get past trying to set up the console. It simply won’t do it.

Plus it’s not relevant because it’s a brand new console I have, not one I’ve previously set up.

Sadly I can’t connect directly to the router because I don’t have a 10 meter Ethernet cable.

I will have to get back to you with the error message screen shot because it’s now 11pm here and I start work at 6am, so I need sleep…

Thanks for you help so far

Cheers, Monique
  4. MoniqueUJ Win User

Hello Lucas, thanks for your reply.

I’m using an iPhone XS Max with the latest iOS (15.5)

So once I finally got the app to connect to the xbox, it changes the phone to 4G from the original home Wi-Fi connection (automatically, I don’t change that).

I connected the xbox to the home network, seems okay. Now each time I get to the screen that says the console needs an update, I hit next and it waits a while then I get that code error every time and have to reconnect to the console.

Sorry, I don’t know what you mean about the NAT type - I can’t check anything on the console, there’s just the setup screen with the code displayed.

Cheers, Monique
  5. MoniqueUJ Win User

Hi again Lucas,

I have solved the issue with a super long Ethernet cable (20 meters) which let me set up the console. For some reason the internet connection wasn’t asking me for a password even though it required one 🤦🏻‍♀️ Very strange.

But thank you kindly for you efforts, I really appreciated you trying to help. 😊

Best wishes,

Monique
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, MoniqueUJ. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

What exact device and what iOS version are you using?

Is your console and the device connected to the same network?

Did you check if your NAT type is "Open" on your Series S console? Please check and let me know:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type > It should be Open.

Also please take a look at this troubleshooting guide from Xbox:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Waiting for your feedback, my friend.
Thema:

1. Xbox app keeps disconnecting during new console setup - Similar Threads - app keeps disconnecting

2. The Xbox app for pc keeps crashing my game

in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox app for pc keeps crashing my game: when I stream on the Xbox app for pc my fortnite game keeps lagging when I stream on it and when I close the app the game freezes on me and then I have to reset the game, This issue always happens...
  3. Xbox App and Microsoft Store keeps scrolling to the bottom

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox App and Microsoft Store keeps scrolling to the bottom: I've unplugged wired controller, I’ve windows key+x to rest the app, as someone who does not spent every waking moment on a pc, this is trash. Never in my 28 years of being alive has a bug so...
  4. Xbox one app keeps uninstalling itself after few randomly minutes.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one app keeps uninstalling itself after few randomly minutes.: Xbox one app keeps uninstalling itself after few randomly minutes. When going to setting\general option I notice the app is missing Xbox Game bar and seem like it cant install it....
  5. Xbox App - "Something Went Wrong" - Uninstalled Game Keeps Trying to Reinstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App - "Something Went Wrong" - Uninstalled Game Keeps Trying to Reinstall: Hello all, A month or so ago I uninstalled Hardspace: Ship Breaker from my PC. Ever since, the Xbox Game Pass App has continuously attempted to reinstall it, throwing up a "something went wrong"...
  6. Unable to sync worlds after system reset keeping games and apps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to sync worlds after system reset keeping games and apps: Hello, so I am trying to sync the data of my nine year minecraft world. I bought a realm on my xbox one so I could download the world on my xbox series X because it said that the data was...
  7. Why does the Xbox app keep reinstalling my games, and why can't I get Rage 2 to read my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Xbox app keep reinstalling my games, and why can't I get Rage 2 to read my...: Like the title says, the Xbox app on Windows 10 keeps reinstalling my games, claiming that the "folder location was moved". This error has already killed my 8TB HDD, and I can't find a working fix...
  8. my account got hacked and i rest and keep games and apps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my account got hacked and i rest and keep games and apps: i created a new account but when i go to the games it says i own them but when i go into manage. It says check back in a little bit i know that i dont own them but it says i do. It says MANAGE and...
  9. xbox app on pc keeps disconnecting me

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox app on pc keeps disconnecting me: So every time I vc in the Xbox chat with my school friends it disconnects me after about 5 or 10 mins and it still shows I'm in the party for a few seconds so i rejoin and it happens again can you...
  10. Test streaming keeps disconnecting my xbox from the app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Test streaming keeps disconnecting my xbox from the app: I can get the xbox app connected to my console and smartglass works fine, but every time I've tried the "test streaming" button it fails abruptly with all red Xs and says that "I am not connected...