Xbox app messages not working on iPad and iPhone

Discus and support Xbox app messages not working on iPad and iPhone in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; I was hoping someone could help me with an issue I’m having. All of a sudden, i am not able to use the messaging feature with the xbox app on my ipad... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by SnowyOwl501, Aug 27, 2019.

1. SnowyOwl501
    SnowyOwl501 Guest

I was hoping someone could help me with an issue I’m having. All of a sudden, i am not able to use the messaging feature with the xbox app on my ipad and iphone. When i try, i get the error message “Live
    updates not available, pull down to refresh” along with a Loading icon that never stops.

All other features of the app work fine and the messaging used to work, but this just suddenly started happening. Ive tried deleting the app and reinstalling it but the problem persists. The messaging works fine using the xbox app on my windows laptop
    and xbox itself, its just with the iPad and iPhone i have this issue. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

:)

SnowyOwl501, Aug 27, 2019
  2. SnowyOwl501 Win User

This worked, thank you! On my xbox, i went thru and deleted a lot of old messages and then on my iPad i cleared the cache and now i can see the new messages and reply to them. You are awesome, thanks for your help!
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi SnowyOwl501,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. We will also present this information regarding the app to let the right team know about the chat bug but we thank you for
    providing a solution. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

Thank you again and have a great day!
  4. Playa_037 Win User

Dumbest answer ever, sorry Amber. Going to Apple for fix Microsoft's application won't fix anything.
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

HiSnowyOwl501,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums for this issue concerning the Xbox app messages not working on your iOS devices. If you haven't already done so, you may wish to see if there are any updates necessary to your Apple device as sometimes this may
    cause issues with the Xbox app. I would further recommend
    contacting Apple Support
    should you require help in updating or if the app continues to not interface well with your iOS devices to see if they have an alternative solution.

Give this a try and let us know the results.

I hope that this helps out.
  6. cornbreaddy Win User

I am having the exact same issue. Mine was working one day but then not the next.
Thema:

1. Xbox app messages not working on iPad and iPhone - Similar Threads - app messages working

2. Xbox app, both for iOS and Android. Messages are not working for a long time now. What's...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app, both for iOS and Android. Messages are not working for a long time now. What's...: [IMG] submitted by /u/viniciusrsouza [link] [comments]
  3. Windows 10 xbox app Messages not working.

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 xbox app Messages not working.: When trying to look at my messages nothing comes up other then "Try again we has trouble getting your conversations." then why trying to send a message i get "We were unable to send this message....
  4. Messages not working Xbox App Win 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Messages not working Xbox App Win 10: Split from this thread. Hello, I have the same problem and tried this and it does not work for me. The error message is 'Try again - we had trouble getting your conversations'....
  5. xbox one x backwards compatibility not working/disc scratched message/app crashes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox one x backwards compatibility not working/disc scratched message/app crashes: I tried for the first time to play a backwards compatible game on xbox one x (Ninja Gaiden Black/Castlevania Lords of Shadow). When I insert the disc, nothing happens. I'm also experiencing "disc...
  6. Messages wont work on windows 10 app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Messages wont work on windows 10 app: Whenever I go on to the app I try to look at my messages and they wont load it just says "try again-we had trouble getting your discussions" I've tried to sign out ans sign back in, but it does...
  7. Help xbox app message not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help xbox app message not working: my xbox app us not working right. I tried sending message but it's not working. Is it just me or you guys having problems too? I downloaded xbox app on my 2 other phone and it still doesnt...
  8. Microsoft Store shows a message: "This app will not work on your device"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store shows a message: "This app will not work on your device": I've just reinstalled my Windows 10 due to an HD problem. I'm using a clean new installation so I'm restalling all the applcations. I've tried to reinstall Minecraft for Windows 10 (Pocket...
  9. PC keyboard doesn't work for messaging anymore in XB1 Windows 10 app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC keyboard doesn't work for messaging anymore in XB1 Windows 10 app: Up until recently I could use my PC keyboard to type messages both on the console and in game like GTA for example. Seems like it was with the most recent dashboard update. Why'd this change?...
  10. W10 Xbox One App Message to play not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    W10 Xbox One App Message to play not working: W10 Xbox One app message player has been down for a few months now I was wondering when it will be fixed. You select player, + more + Message; a box opens asking to select player, (that’s weird...