Xbox app messages of a signed out account

Discus and support Xbox app messages of a signed out account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; How to stop getting messages from a previously signed in account on the Xbox app without having to delete the app and reinstalling. I originally logged... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ValkyrMari, May 18, 2021.

1. ValkyrMari
    ValkyrMari Guest

How to stop getting messages from a previously signed in account on the Xbox app without having to delete the app and reinstalling. I originally logged into the Xbox app with my account and everything was fine but when I signed out and logged back in with another account I would still get notifications of incoming messages directed to my account even though I’m signed out of it and into a whole different account.

:)

ValkyrMari, May 18, 2021
  2. marshalbr
    marshalbr New Member
    Just interesting this information.

marshalbr, May 18, 2021
  3. HumzaYahya42 Win User

How to merge two xbox accounts

As previously posted merging the two accounts is not possible.

The reason you are getting this message is that Hotmail/Outlook accounts are already MS accounts and can not be added to a second account as an email address used to sign in because the system will not know what account to sign into.

What you can do is this though I just tested it with my own.

Once you pull up the xbox app on your PC in the upper right hand corner you will see the X and minimum and maximum buttons with a circle next to that, that may show your avatar in it if you click on that circle at the bottom of that menu there is a choice
    to sign out this will allow you to sign out of the current profile that is signed in once signed out and you click on that circle again it will give you a choice to sign in it will sign you back into the account currently signed in on your PC but it will also
    give you a choice to choose a different account to sign into (this is just for the xbox beta app) this will allow you to sign into that app with your @live account.

This would be the only way that I can see that you would be able to use your @live account on your PC for your game pass.
    Thank you for the reply, this is an idea I will try, although the only issue would be that in signing out from the xbox app also signs me out from other related MS apps across my system. So figuring out a way to isolate the account being used on the xbox
    app from the rest of my PC may be a future solution to this.
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

To continue sign in on your console

Hi Kimphan3,

If you're getting the error message, "To continue, sign in on your console using this account” you need to make sure that your signed in to the Xbox app with the same gamertag as the one that’s signed in on the Xbox One console.
    Since you double checked that you're signed in on the correct account on the Xbox console, you need to check this time if you're signed in on the same account in the Xbox app. If the account signed in the Xbox app is correct, I recommend that you try signing
    out the account on the Xbox app and sign in again.

If the issue persist, I recommend that you reset the Xbox app from Setting. To do that, kindly perform the following steps below:

1. Press the Windows key, then select gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Select Apps.
    3. Under Apps and features, locate the Xbox app.
    4. Click the Xbox app, then click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset.
    6. Restart the computer.

Do get back to us with the results. We'd be more than willing to provide you additional help.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox gamertag change error.

Hi Fayed,

You can sign in with a different account.

How do I sign in with a different gamertag? What if I want to sign in to the Xbox app or a game with a different Xbox account than the one I originally used to sign in?

• You can sign out of a game or the Xbox app at any time and sign back in with a different gamertag.
    • Each time you sign in with a different Xbox account, the new account will be stored in the account picker, so that on future sign-ins, you'll only have to select the account from the account picker to quickly sign back in.
    • Your sign-in will carry across all Xbox-enabled apps, so if you sign in to a game or the Xbox app with a new account, that account will subsequently be signed in to all other Xbox apps until you sign out and sign back in with a different account.

To sign out, go to the Settings screen in the Xbox app. At the top of the General tab, select
    Sign out.

There is not a way to remove the account off the Xbox app unless you reinstall th Xbox app.

Here are steps below on how to uninstall and reinstall Xbox app:

1. Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.

2. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.

3. Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage
    *xboxapp*| Remove-AppxPackage

4. Hit Enter.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. Npt Revenant117 Win User

**SOLVED** I sign into the Xbox Beta App but as soon as I click "Let's Play" and go back to the app, it still shows that I'm not signed in.

Yes, both my PC and my Xbox use the same account. I've been using them like this for a few months now. No one is on the Xbox while I'm trying to sign in to the Xbox app on my PC and I'm not getting the message, "Signed out of account elsewhere".
  7. BaconisGood53 Win User

Messaging

Download the xbox app from the app store and sign into your account, from there youll be able to view your xbox live messages.
Thema:

1. Xbox app messages of a signed out account - Similar Threads - app messages signed

2. 'Change your privacy settings to send messages' warning in Xbox app Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    'Change your privacy settings to send messages' warning in Xbox app Windows 10: I purposely set my privacy settings, but the Xbox app keeps giving me an annoying large banner warning message at the top of the xbox app every time I open it. I keep dismissing the notifications,...
  3. Xbox App Messaging Not Working

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox App Messaging Not Working: Forever I have been using my xbox app to message people. It takes 10 seconds opposed to minutes. In the last week, the messages just have not been working. Half the messages I send dont show up on...
  4. Xbox iOS app can't view video messages shared with me

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox iOS app can't view video messages shared with me: Hi all, as the title is pointing out, the app cant play video messages received from friends. it tells me something error happened. I can play these videos in the console however....
  5. Hello! on the Xbox app on my pc I keep getting the message, "We couldn't sign you in to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello! on the Xbox app on my pc I keep getting the message, "We couldn't sign you in to...: I have tried so many "fixes" that just are not working. The error code is 0x80072EFD. Help me out so I can get back to playing some games! f9c7da8c-e8c5-4fac-9713-f50a2385eefb
  6. Error Message when opening ANY app downloaded from the PC Xbox App

in XBoX on Windows
    Error Message when opening ANY app downloaded from the PC Xbox App: Hi there, Im having an issue that's really frustrating me at the moment. I've bought the game pass, and I've attempted to download numerous games on multiple drives and not one game will launch...
  7. Xbox app message safety filter

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox app message safety filter: Okay, this is bugging me since it happened. I was messaging with a friend and one of his messages for blocked by the safety settings, i looked at the message on the Xbox one when i could and that...
  8. 360/Bravo app error message

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360/Bravo app error message: why won't my fricken Bravo app launch on my 360 says contact u ****!!!!! Hit reset button so I can use the app!!! 746ec117-f6bf-45d6-ac99-c5e850a93e57
  9. Hi, a week ago my xbox app wouldn't let me see my messages. I have reinstalled and signed...

in XboX Insiders
    Hi, a week ago my xbox app wouldn't let me see my messages. I have reinstalled and signed...: [IMG] submitted by /u/MissGanja98 [link] [comments]
  10. Can't sign in with same messages on Windows 10 game apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sign in with same messages on Windows 10 game apps: [img] [img] No more error code or messages shown. I reinstalled apps and Windows and still not working. How can I fix it? 551dade6-c34f-4574-9833-a78da285313e