Xbox App Messaging

Discus and support Xbox App Messaging in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; (Very long, sorry :( ) I don't have an xbox myself, but I use the app to stay in contact with my friends on Xbox and we talk in parties all the time.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by elibl4st, Jan 9, 2020.

1. elibl4st
    elibl4st Guest

Xbox App Messaging

(Very long, sorry Xbox App Messaging :( )

I don't have an xbox myself, but I use the app to stay in contact with my friends on Xbox and we talk in parties all the time. As of only a couple days ago (around Jan 4th, to be specific) my messages started to act really weird. I usually only talk with
    two of my friends on Xbox, so I'm not sure if this problem is a general problem or for some reason a problem with specific accounts.

With one of my friends, when I would check the app to see a new message he sent me, it would first show a preview of a message I had sent days before. When I would click onto the messages, that message would show (and only show) for maybe just a second,
    then go back to my recent messages. Sometimes I would have to refresh the messages or something, but that seemed to make it worse. Refreshing my messages (without restarting the actual app) sometimes actually went back to that message from days ago again.
    It was almost like that one message was bugged for some reason. It wasn't that big of a deal at first, just pretty annoying. But then I started to not receive notifications whenever this friend messaged me, not sure if it was connected to the bugged message
    or what.

On the general messages, my friend would go from the top of the list/most recent to almost all the way down, as if we haven't messaged in weeks. I also noticed that another friend does the same thing, old message being displayed and jumping down the list
    as if we haven't messaged in a while. I tried looking online, but never really got a good solve. I tried freeing up some space on my phone, didn't really do anything. I tried to delete the actual message but I can't scroll that far back, I guess? My friend
    told me a long time ago that it's his xbox messaging setting and that his chats delete after a certain point or something (not sure if that's true or not, don't have an xbox) I tried signing back in, deleting the app from my other device thinking that maybe
    it's somehow blocking notifications or something (it wasn't) and deleting it on my main phone.

I had to resort to deleting the chat between me and my friend entirely, I wasn't worried about lost messages or anything because I could never see old ones anyway. Then I messaged him back, told him what was going on, then left the app alone for a while
    and when getting back on the app, I come to see that the chat is completely deleted again. I refresh the messages a couple times, switch from my wifi to data (which kind of helped, actually) but no matter what, whenever something is refreshed or restarted,
    it goes back to being deleted, and takes a lot of effort to fix it when I shouldn't have to.

:)

elibl4st, Jan 9, 2020
  2. Teal-Rose Jaques Win User

Message not there on xbox app?

Have you checked from Xbox.com? Sometimes you can get requests from a player on Xbox 360 and they can only be viewed on here or on a 360 console.
    Seems it just took like an hour to actually load the msg, even though the notification center had told me it was there
  3. Operator78 Win User

Xbox app messages

Same here. Unable to reply to message on my iPhone X running iOS 11.1.
  4. mastermindx73 Win User

Messages [Xbox App]

Maybe try resting your phone that is another ting that might help
  5. mastermindx73 Win User

Messages [Xbox App]

No problem hop it works for you.
  6. KeiKeiEdwards Win User

Messages [Xbox App]

Thanks for replying I am so thankful and I will try it and tell you if it worked!
Thema:

Xbox App Messaging

1. Xbox App Messaging - Similar Threads - App Messaging

2. HALPPPP Xbox App Media Message Issue

in XBoX on Mobile
    HALPPPP Xbox App Media Message Issue: For the past year I have had issues regarding the application NOT showing my media messages when sending or receiving game clips and such. I just recently got a new phone and just today logged...
  3. Can't load a game (digital or disc) but can run other apps just fine - no error message and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't load a game (digital or disc) but can run other apps just fine - no error message and...: Hi all! I've had a weird issue and I've tried just about everything (I'll list what I've tried below). It's an original Xbox One, not the S or anything like that. Here's the issue: [img] On...
  4. Can't send messages in xbox app and don't see chat+ cant sent messages in minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't send messages in xbox app and don't see chat+ cant sent messages in minecraft: I tried making family with my another account as parent, nothing changed, I'm over 18 so I can't be blocked for being child, I just don't have allow to change what I can do, what can others or...
  5. Can not open any apps. Various error message coming up.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can not open any apps. Various error message coming up.: Hi, When launching any of Imy apps it will come up with various error messages, network failure, error 7, opening the apps loading screen then exiting back to xbox homescreen, constantly loading....
  6. My Xbox is slow and gets error messages with apps and games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox is slow and gets error messages with apps and games: My xbox has been acting up for a couple weeks, it had an update in the last month, and I haven’t done anything to harm it, and it wont let me install games/apps or update them, every time I open a...
  7. A message every time there's something new you can do in the Insider app

in XboX Insiders
    A message every time there's something new you can do in the Insider app: Already sent this as feedback thought I post here too to see what you guys think. It's just kind of annoying to have check back all the time and sometimes be disappointed. So like an Xbox Message...
  8. No "Xbox" related apps on Windows 10 will login (no error message)

in XBoX on Windows
    No "Xbox" related apps on Windows 10 will login (no error message): I've been fighting with this issue for months. Hopefully I can get some assistance. What happens is when trying to use the Xbox (Beta) app for Windows 10 or any other similar app (for example,...
  9. Please wait pop up message when starting and app or game

in XboX Insiders
    Please wait pop up message when starting and app or game: Every time I open an app i get that pop up that says to wait while they get the app ready. This message is only supposed to come up on first run of the app or game. I get it on every game and app...
  10. Getting an error message when opening the TuneIn Radio app

in XboX Insiders
    Getting an error message when opening the TuneIn Radio app: Im getting an error message since the update before the latest beta update. Getting error message: 0x80073cf6. Also reported from my console. submitted by /u/Niro036 [link] [comments]