Xbox App not changing download location

Discus and support Xbox App not changing download location in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all! So my C Drive is filling up so i want to download my gamepass games for my pc onto my D Drive but it does not give me the option, i have... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by FuzzyCuzzy1, Nov 29, 2021.

1. FuzzyCuzzy1
    FuzzyCuzzy1 Guest

Hello all! So my C Drive is filling up so i want to download my gamepass games for my pc onto my D Drive but it does not give me the option, i have gone into settings and tried to do it that way but it did not work... please help

:)

FuzzyCuzzy1, Nov 29, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Fuzzy welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. This might be an issue with the app itself! I suggest uninstalling the app completely! Everytime that it tried to give me a hard time I do this and it works wonders! Here are the steps!

https://www.techadvisor.com/how-to/windows/remo...

NOTE: This is a third party link that is not Microsoft's property, so you might encounter advertising on the website.
  3. Player923883827 Win User

This doesn't apply to me...I haven't changed my location and the app was working fine before downloading the update!
  4. EdA35 Win User

Can't pre-install Gears 5 with Xbox (Beta) app using Ultimate Game Pass

I finally got mine to start downloading. To change the download drive location go to Profile in the top right corner of the Xbox beta app, then click on settings. There you can change the download drive. What was weird was even after I did that it still
    wouldn't download using the app. So I went back to the Microsoft store app uninstalled it and started the download again from there and it worked. Hope this helps someone else out.
  5. Gurnery Win User

Xbox App Download Location

I need to know the location too as when I tried downloading both Forza and Football Manager earlier they both Error'd out and even though the app says that they are not installed my storage space that is left says otherwise.
    Going to keep an eye on this as it is proper shoddy how you can't just install it into a normal folder from older forum posts that I have seen
  6. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Xbox App Download Location

Hi there Aid3n welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. A lot of users have reported the same exact issue! Some users reported solving this issue by reinstalling the Xbox app! So, I suggest uninstalling the app completely! Everytime that it tried to give me a hard time I do this and it works wonders! Here are the steps!

https://www.techadvisor.com/how-to/windows/remo...

NOTE: This is a third party link that is not Microsoft's property, so you might encounter advertising on the website.
Thema:

1. Xbox App not changing download location - Similar Threads - App changing download

2. Xbox PC app - Can't change game installation folder

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox PC app - Can't change game installation folder: I accidentally selected 'D:\Program Files' as the default game installation folder in the Xbox PC app. Now I'm unable to change it. I can change to a different drive, but not to a different folder...
  3. How to change the PC Gamepass App is installing to

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to change the PC Gamepass App is installing to: I'm trying to install a game to my PC now that it's letting me log into the app. The PC it pulls up isn't my laptop and I don't know how to change it. c63ec9a8-c52a-4a3f-91b0-a12da70415f9
  4. Win10 Xbox app: "change folder" setting not available right after loading app. Takes...

in XboX Insiders
    Win10 Xbox app: "change folder" setting not available right after loading app. Takes...: This was posted at Feedback hub with the same title and some screenshots. Please vote up if you also have this issues. I'm running Xbox app version 2201.1000.38.0 (Beta) and I notice it take...
  5. The Xbox app on PC hasn't changed in 2 years

in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox app on PC hasn't changed in 2 years: The Xbox app hasn't been updated or even reviewed since it was created. I think it is the first app I see without a language settings, it is so broken that my UI has 5 different languages...
  6. changing microsoft account on the xbox app on my PC

in XBoX Accessibility
    changing microsoft account on the xbox app on my PC: i originally signed into the wrong account, ive changed emails as best as i can but the xbox app still shows the incorrect email, trying to sign into another account doesn't work as it...
  7. [Bug] [PC App] Unable to change install folder in "Game Install Options"

in XboX Insiders
    [Bug] [PC App] Unable to change install folder in "Game Install Options": Lenovo Legion Y740, Windows 11 Home 21H2 (Build 22000.348), Xbox app version 2112.1001.10.0, Enrolled in Windows Gaming Insider. I used the new "Advance installation" feature for the first time...
  8. Can't change Xbox Account on PC xbox app

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't change Xbox Account on PC xbox app: There is an option to switch the store account but not the xbox account and when I sign out an try to sign back in it auto logs me in everytime. Even after uninstalling reinstalling xbox and of...
  9. Unable to log into Xbox apps on Windows 10 after changing Microsoft email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to log into Xbox apps on Windows 10 after changing Microsoft email.: I updated my Microsoft email in September and have been unable to log into any Xbox app (console companion, xbox, or game bar) on Windows 10 since. It launches and says 'We couldn't sign you in to...
  10. My gamertag doesnt change in the xbox app

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamertag doesnt change in the xbox app: I changed my gamertag about 2 weeks ago and it hasnt changed in the xbox app however when I click the button to change it the link it opens already has the new one. (I want to change it to Vivid...