Xbox App not recognizing installed games

Discus and support Xbox App not recognizing installed games in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So I reset my PC this morning, was setting up everything and launched the Xbox App to check on my games. Wreckfest was installed on my PC before... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Paarth Jha, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Paarth Jha
    Paarth Jha Guest

So I reset my PC this morning, was setting up everything and launched the Xbox App to check on my games. Wreckfest was installed on my PC before resetting, but it's not showing up on Xbox App, and I can't download and install it again. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Paarth Jha, Jul 21, 2021
  2. Paarth Jha Win User

Hi there Revotron! Christopher here, an Xbox fan and been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out.

I used to have the same exact issue! I've tested this and it's possible. Let me recall:

First you need to take ownership in the Windowsapp folder. Then, locate the game that you want to backup and copy them on other site (if you're reinstalling Windows in other drive different to C:/ is enough.

Reinstall Windows, take the ownership to Windowsapps again. Go to the Windows Store and start to download the app/game.

Pause it, then restore your backup in Windowsapps. Finally resume the download in the Windows Store, it will detect the app and its license.
    Thank you for replying. What I ended up doing is taking permission and deleting the folders, windowsapps and programfiles, and then tried installing again, ended up with a different issue this time, 0x80070424. Googled it and realised many people were having this, resetting windows store and xbox services worked for most of them but not me. I reset my PC again and it's working fine now. Appreciate your help anyways, thanks!
  3. Christopher Revoredo Win User

GAME ON Revotron! Is good to hear you solved the issue!
  4. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Revotron! Christopher here, an Xbox fan and been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out.

I used to have the same exact issue! I've tested this and it's possible. Let me recall:

First you need to take ownership in the Windowsapp folder. Then, locate the game that you want to backup and copy them on other site (if you're reinstalling Windows in other drive different to C:/ is enough.

Reinstall Windows, take the ownership to Windowsapps again. Go to the Windows Store and start to download the app/game.

Pause it, then restore your backup in Windowsapps. Finally resume the download in the Windows Store, it will detect the app and its license.
  5. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Is there anything else I can do for you?
  6. PalmettoBling Win User

Moving Xbox Game Pass games to a different PC

With the latest Xbox app update you can install the games to a different drive. With that, I haven't tested that, but you might be able to then use that on another computer? You might need to initialize the install in the app for it to recognize that
    it's already on that drive? That's untested on my end, but I think worth a shot for troubleshooting.
Thema:

1. Xbox App not recognizing installed games - Similar Threads - App recognizing installed

2. Xbox App on Windows 10 will not recognize my ultimate subscption

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App on Windows 10 will not recognize my ultimate subscption: So I seem to be having trouble with the last update. I have the XBox app on my PC, but it stated that my store account was different than my xbox account and asked me if I wanted to switch it. I...
  3. My xbox app doesn't recognize neither my storage disks

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox app doesn't recognize neither my storage disks: Yesterday i changed my HDD for a SSD, cloned the data with a transfer docking device and prayed for the best (and doubled my RAM). Today when i wanted to play one of my Game Pass games I see that...
  4. Xbox App wont recognize any of my drives when trying to download a new game

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App wont recognize any of my drives when trying to download a new game: Whenever I try to download a new game, the app does not let me choose a drive to download too. Below is the image of what I see [img] 83ab7251-0fe2-493c-aac8-79f10da85d53
  5. Xbox app on PC does not recognize that I'm online.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app on PC does not recognize that I'm online.: I keep getting this error message when trying to play a game: "You need to be online to open this on this device. To open this on this device when offline, go to the ‘Offline Permissions’ setting...
  6. Xbox PC app suddenly won't recognize one of my hard drives

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox PC app suddenly won't recognize one of my hard drives: I recently got the Xbox game pass and installed the Xbox app. I have a small SSD (C:) where pretty much only the OS and a couple programs are installed, and a large HDD (D:) where everything else...
  7. Xbox app on PC won't recognize that I own the game pass while the microsoft store does...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app on PC won't recognize that I own the game pass while the microsoft store does...: I was looking to purchase the Game Pass for PC again when it said I had a payment overdue. I went to the Microsoft website to pay that off and after I did it it said my subscription ends on June...
  8. Xbox app in PC won't recognize game pass subscribtion?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app in PC won't recognize game pass subscribtion?: Hi. I just redeemed a game pass subscription to my Microsoft account, which is linked to a Xbox live account. When I try to install a game which is included in the game pass, the Xbox app on PC...
  9. Xbox Windows 10 App Doesn't Recognize Games Pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Windows 10 App Doesn't Recognize Games Pass: Games Pass is only recognized when I go to the Get Games Pass page. When I go to any other pages or my settings, it says I need to buy Games Pass. Any help? 83fd7ef5-3dfd-435d-9e3c-5707f8433f74
  10. Xbox for PC app not functioning/cannot recognize installed dependencies as present, cannot...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox for PC app not functioning/cannot recognize installed dependencies as present, cannot...: [IMG] My xbox for pc app thinks that I am missing the following dependencies: Gaming Services, Xbox Identity Provider, Microsoft Store, Purchase App, Xbox Game Bar, and Feedback Hub. All of...