Xbox App Notifications-Android

Discus and support Xbox App Notifications-Android in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to figure out why my phone (Pixel 4 on Android 10) won't give me notifications when I get messages from people through Xbox. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by Big Drunk Jedi, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Xbox App Notifications-Android

Hello,

I am trying to figure out why my phone (Pixel 4 on Android 10) won't give me notifications when I get messages from people through Xbox. I confirmed that both my phone settings and the app settings have notifications on and allowed yet I never get them.
    I know the app itself is buggy as hell and unreliable but was really hoping to get this working.

Thanks.

:)

Big Drunk Jedi, Feb 2, 2020
  2. OleChevyRedneck Win User

Hey Jedi,

have you tried clearing local data from your phone under the app settings? i may suggest clearing all app data and uninstalling. this often fixes most issues. i haven't noticed bugginess or unreliability myself so what you are describing as app issues could
    be something with the device? just a thought
  3. Big Drunk Jedi Win User

Hello OleChevyRedneck,

Thanks for the suggestions. I have done as suggested and will wait a few days to see if it starts working again. I also turned on notifications for when favorites come online to see if it's all notifications or just the messages.

I'm glad the app works well for you but for my last 3 phones it never has. I am constantly plagued by "failed to update" for my friends list to see whose online, the message section not showing the newest message or failing to change it to become read after
    I open the thread.

Hopefully this will have helped for my current device.

Have a great day.
  4. Northern Lass Win User

Xbox App notification issues

If you go into settings then notifications on your android phone you can disable all notifications from the app, is that what you have already tried to do?
  5. kRevali Win User

My Xbox App on mobile phone will not update my DMs ever again.

No, it is not infected by any virus, check for any updates for the app on your phone depending if it is iOS or Android. I was having a problem with notifications, when somebody added me as a friend everytime I opened the app that notification was there
    marked as unread, had to keep the app up to date
  6. WPAK Win User

Xbox App on Android not getting notifications

Hi there,

an possible alternate option is to try and download the beta version for the App, which, as far as I know, should be available in the Google Play store.

It might result in you do receiving the notifications you would like to receive
Thema:

1. Xbox App Notifications-Android - Similar Threads - App Notifications Android

2. XBox Party Chat invitation notification not working on Xbox One or Phone App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox Party Chat invitation notification not working on Xbox One or Phone App: For the last couple of weeks I have not been receiving Party Chat invitations on either my Xbox One or Phone. I receive every other notification on the system for example Messages, Achievements,...
  3. Not receiving Xbox app and xbox beta app notifications

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not receiving Xbox app and xbox beta app notifications: I read everything and done everything the community has offered for both the xbox app and xbox beta app notification fix nothing has worked i haven't tried emailing the creators of the app or...
  4. Notification problems for Xbox system & Xbox Console Companion PC app; plus an old problem...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Notification problems for Xbox system & Xbox Console Companion PC app; plus an old problem...: Someone on Twitter suggested I document this on these forums with the details. I'm mostly gonna just copy/paste what I put there into here. I've spent enough time about this from a phone call to...
  5. Voice overlay for party chat/Microsoft rewards app notifications

in XboX Insiders
    Voice overlay for party chat/Microsoft rewards app notifications: I keep encountering an issue where the overlay isn't showing up on the screen after the previous alpha update. It is intermittent and rarely shows someone elses. It only shows mine occasionally as...
  6. Xbox One Issue: "Do you own this game/app?" Notification Closing My Game Out

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One Issue: "Do you own this game/app?" Notification Closing My Game Out: I'm was playing through the Game Pass and online playing Fallout 4 (an offline game) when suddenly the game closes out and an hour of progress is now gone. I've had this happen before a several...
  7. Xbox App No Notification

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App No Notification: Ok, I have seen a thread been locked out, and no longer can reply, but HAVEN'T seen an answer on this. So, how can this be fixed? I'm in-game, and someone sends me a message, but GET NO...
  8. Gears 5 DLC code sent by pop-up notification not recorded in Windows Xbox App...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Gears 5 DLC code sent by pop-up notification not recorded in Windows Xbox App...: While playing a (non-xbox app) game (Apex Legends), I received a pop-up notification delivered by the Xbox Windows App. From the first line of the message, it appeared to be something to do with...
  9. Xbox App on Android not getting notifications

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox App on Android not getting notifications: I have been having this problem for a long time and it's extremely inconvenient and frustrating! I have some friends in another country. To coordinate play times we send each other messages...
  10. Android Xbox app does not give any notifications whatsoever

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Android Xbox app does not give any notifications whatsoever: Galaxy Note 8, using Xbox app from the Android store. I have all notifications selected in the settings screen of the app but I never get any notifications. (yes, I have friends who party invite...