Xbox App on Android not getting notifications

Discus and support Xbox App on Android not getting notifications in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; I have been having this problem for a long time and it's extremely inconvenient and frustrating! I have some friends in another country. To coordinate... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by Gargoylz, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Gargoylz
    Gargoylz Guest

I have been having this problem for a long time and it's extremely inconvenient and frustrating! I have some friends in another country. To coordinate play times we send each other messages through Xbox. This SHOULD result in a notification being sent to
    my phone that I got a message. Unfortunately, I get no notifications from the Xbox app. I can keep opening or refreshing the app and see the messages but I never get notifications to let me know I got a message. I have quadruple checked that message notifications
    have been turned on in the app and that the Xbox app notifications are turned on in the phone settings. Does anyone have a fix for this? I get notifications from every other app that is set to receive them. Xbox is the only one that doesn't work

:)

Gargoylz, Feb 9, 2019
  2. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

an possible alternate option is to try and download the beta version for the App, which, as far as I know, should be available in the Google Play store.

It might result in you do receiving the notifications you would like to receive
  3. Jacyintha Win User

Xbox and Cell phones

As an android user myself, that would be awesome - apps, text, notifications of some sort. Probably a way to push the windows phone to more users, though.
  4. Chris Sercombe Win User

Friends online notifications not popping up

Yeh me and my friends not getting notifications when favourites come online useing android xbox smartglass, beem a few weeks now.
  5. talenak Win User

Xbox app message notifications not working

Sorta the same, on Note 9.

But all my settings (in the app and in Android settings for the app and notifications in general) are correct and stay correct. I simply do not get notifications from it.

Even in app the messages will not update unless I manually refresh the messages page or open the conversation with the person I was expecting a message from or know there is one from cause the notice popped up on my TV but I don't want to open the Xbox menus
    and risk timing out of my GTA session. Rockstar is brutal with that minute and a half timer... lol
  6. Julian_ Win User

XBOX use notification.

Hi! While I don't know for sure, I'd assume that the Xbox app for iOS offers this feature (if it works the same as the android app) as long as you have added your sons account as a friend/favorite and enabled notifications when your friends/favorites go
    online: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/xbox/id736179781
Thema:

1. Xbox App on Android not getting notifications - Similar Threads - App Android getting

2. Have not been able to sign into Xbox app on Android for months - help!

in XBoX on Mobile
    Have not been able to sign into Xbox app on Android for months - help!: Hi I've continually had issues with signing onto my Xbox app using my Samsung S9 Android phone. This has been going on for months. (I am on the Alpha skip ahead insider program as a matter of...
  3. Android Xbox One App Controller

in XBoX on Mobile
    Android Xbox One App Controller: The controller built into the Xbox App on Android doesn't register for me at all anymore I use it all the time when I'm just watching netflix or hulu, but it won't register at all anymore. The app...
  4. Really wish the Xbox app for Android was more user friendly...

in XBoX on Mobile
    Really wish the Xbox app for Android was more user friendly...: I would love it if it had the standard features of an actual remote, similar to the Cable/TV version. Having to swipe is very cumbersome, which is why I rarely touch the app. I would much rather...
  5. Cortana Android App

in XBoX on Mobile
    Cortana Android App: When i first downloaded conrtana app on my android it asked me to sign in and i did. I was able to fully control my xbox one no matter if i was home or not via voice. Now everytime i try to use...
  6. Android Xbox app does not give any notifications whatsoever

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Android Xbox app does not give any notifications whatsoever: Galaxy Note 8, using Xbox app from the Android store. I have all notifications selected in the settings screen of the app but I never get any notifications. (yes, I have friends who party invite...
  7. Xbox App Not Working After Android Oreo Update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App Not Working After Android Oreo Update: Split from this thread. Hi, I have a new Samsung S9 with the Oreo os. I used to have a Samsung S7 with Nougat. On Nougat, the xbox app worked perfectly. Now, with the Oreo Os, I can open the...
  8. Mi app de xbox en android no me deja iniciar sesion (Mod Translation: My Xbox app on...

in XBoX on Mobile
    Mi app de xbox en android no me deja iniciar sesion (Mod Translation: My Xbox app on...: Cada vez que intento iniciar sesion en la app de xbox o xbox beta me aparece este mensaje, podrian ayudarme? Mod Translation Every time I try to log into the Xbox or Xbox Beta app I get this...
  9. Chat on Xbox App for Android no longer allows entry of a new line/line break in a message,...

in XBoX on Mobile
    Chat on Xbox App for Android no longer allows entry of a new line/line break in a message,...: In the Xbox App for Android, the chat window on my Samsung J7 only displays a long string of text as I type (it no longer vertically scrolls while I type) and it no longer responds to the new...
  10. Can't connect Xbox App on Android with my Xbox One

in XBoX on Mobile
    Can't connect Xbox App on Android with my Xbox One: I can not connect my Xbox One with my Mobile Device (and Windows 10 Laptop) I can see the Xbox in my network but when I try to connect I get an error message (code: 80000005 ). I have already...