Xbox app on PC doesn't let me start a party..

Discus and support Xbox app on PC doesn't let me start a party.. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Xbox app on windows 10 lets me click "start a party" then once I try to start one I see my name come into the party and BOOM it makes a beeping noise... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MikeRAINS Shots, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Xbox app on PC doesn't let me start a party..

Xbox app on windows 10 lets me click "start a party" then once I try to start one I see my name come into the party and BOOM it makes a beeping noise in the mic and kicks me right from the party.. I have tried just a bout everything you can possibly try
    and nothing has permanently worked. once in a blue moon when I restart my computer it will allow it to work and it will work 100% perfect until the next morning when I turn on the PC.

ANYONE WHO KNOWS THIS FIX PUHLEEEEESE HELP

:)

MikeRAINS Shots, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Pokepunch Win User

Windows 10 Xbox One Streaming microphone not detected?

That generic support doesn't really apply here. The problem is with a PC microphone, not an Xbox One microphone. The Xbox App on PC detects the mic and it works if I start a party via the app, but it doesn't work in any capacity on the Xbox One for parties
    or game chat.
  3. Grubbee Win User

Mic does not work in party while using a controller on pc

Thats what I'm doing.. the only thing I am doing different from playing keyboard/mouse is the controller itself. but when i plug it in every setting on the pc changes to controller mic. Even though the controller has no mic. So I go back through all the
    pc settings and xbox companion settings and change it back but the xbox game bar will not let me use the usb mic anymore. I have to unplug the controller and reset the pc to be able to use my mic again. when I start a party in the companion app it says my
    mic is working , but if i am in a party on that app for some reason I'm not in a party on the game bar... so if i start a party on the game bar the mic still doesn't work..
  4. Christyna64 Win User

X box live

Can you start a party on the Xbox app on PC or Android?
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

XBOX on Windows 10 - Microphone does not work

Just so that I am clear when you are trying this in party chat? In game chat?

You can hear the other players in the chat but they can not hear you?

Are you starting the party through the stream on the xbox itself? Or are you starting the party through the xbox app on the pc itself?

These are two different things.

I personally have noticed that if I try and join a party through the Xbox itself and not the xbox app I can hear the other people but they can not hear me. If I join the party or start a party and have people join through the xbox app on the PC then it works
    fine.

So try that and see if that fixes your problem.
  6. Atlas lll Win User

Xbox Companion App Party on PC not WORKING Any clues?

I have the exact same problem on my PC. Xbox Game Bar and the companion app don't let me use party chat. It says I'm in the party, but I can't hear my friends and they can't hear me. What's weird is, it worked perfectly a month or two ago but now it doesn't
    work at all. I've tried every solution I could find online and nothing works.
Thema:

Xbox app on PC doesn't let me start a party..

1. Xbox app on PC doesn't let me start a party.. - Similar Threads - app doesn't let

2. My Windows 10 XBox app shows prices from different region and doesn't let me use Game Pass.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Windows 10 XBox app shows prices from different region and doesn't let me use Game Pass.: So my region is Spain, and it is correctly set in Windows. When I install and open the XBox Windows 10 app I see prices in what I think are yen (crossed Y) signal, and a message that my Game Pass...
  3. Xbox app doesn't let me change install location

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app doesn't let me change install location: I have been in the Insider Program for Windows Gaming for a while now. Today I wanted to try the VR mod for Outer Wild which didn't work because the default location is protected. So I wanted to...
  4. Xbox Game Pass app on PC, doesn't let me eject my external HD drive where my games are...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass app on PC, doesn't let me eject my external HD drive where my games are...: My Xbox game pass app once launched doesn't allow me to eject my external HD drive which the games are installed in even after closing the app. it says the drive is in use so can't be ejected....
  5. Xbox App doesn't let me change install folders in Windows 10 (April 2022)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App doesn't let me change install folders in Windows 10 (April 2022): The problem: I am running a desktop PC with Windows 10 Education. When I go to install a game in the Xbox app in Windows 10, a prompt appears to select the install location. I click Change, a...
  6. Xbox App doesn't let me download and play the Halo Infinite Campaign

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App doesn't let me download and play the Halo Infinite Campaign: It still says 'Pre-Install' instead of just 'install' and when I click it, only the Multiplayer is getting downloaded. What do I have to do to get it working? 058988f2-82e8-498e-be65-2a6dcc86d96f
  7. Xbox PC App Recognizes External Drive But Doesn't Let Games To Download On It

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox PC App Recognizes External Drive But Doesn't Let Games To Download On It: In Xbox PC App's settings I can see both my drives. [img] However when I want to download games, the E drive only appears in some games, only a few actually. Here are examples from Forza...
  8. XBox app doesn't let me download games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox app doesn't let me download games: The XBox app for Windows 10 doesn't let me download games, despite I have the Game Pass Ultimate. Whenever I enter the game page to download it, the button that's supposed to say "Download now"...
  9. NBA gametime app doesn't let me watch live games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NBA gametime app doesn't let me watch live games.: I know this has been "solved" a year ago but I still can't watch games. I linked my pass account, I did all the trouble shooting from a similar forum... And nothing. All keep getting the "NBA...
  10. NBA gametime app doesn't let me watch live games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NBA gametime app doesn't let me watch live games.: I know this has been "solved" a year ago but I still can't watch games. I linked my pass account, I did all the trouble shooting from a similar forum... And nothing. All keep getting the "NBA...