Xbox app on PC not deleting games fully?

Discus and support Xbox app on PC not deleting games fully? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; HI, I've looked online for the answer to this but have never gotten a solution. I made the mistake of installing the Xbox PC app to my NVME drive that... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/jbonedome, Oct 18, 2020 at 2:22 AM.

1. /u/jbonedome
    /u/jbonedome Guest

HI, I've looked online for the answer to this but have never gotten a solution. I made the mistake of installing the Xbox PC app to my NVME drive that I keep windows 10 on. When I realized It I said screw it, its 1TB I should be fine for awhile... Well now I'm not lol. When I go to uninstall games through the Xbox app it goes fine and says its done. Issue is its not really deleting the game. I use an app called TreeSize which shows me what's taking up my disk storage and sure enough every Xbox game I've deleted is there. Stored under my drive /D/Program Files/WindowsApps/

All of them have weird names for instance Forza Horizon 4 is listed as "Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.443.701.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe" It's been uninstalled but still taking up 80gb! On top of all that I can not manually delete any files in this folder. It says Folder Access Denied you need permission?

If anyone has ever experienced this please let me know. Thanks so much!

added pic of the issue here

Also wanted to add that after I uninstall through the Xbox app it appears totally gone in library and in control panel.

I really don't want to completely remove the app to another drive but If I have to to fix this then I will

submitted by /u/jbonedome
    [link] [comments]

/u/jbonedome, Oct 18, 2020 at 2:22 AM
  2. RafaelMouraB-DB3E4E3 Win User

XBOX LIVE GOLD now asking for subscription

Delete your Xbox App Pc Beta , update windows, Install Xbox App Pc Beta again, login and check if it solve.
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Gears 5 download reset from Windows Store

Just delete the game, restart the pc and try again. If you still have issues report them through the xbox app.
  4. xDevilxGirlx421 Win User

Xbox installer on windows 10 freeze at launch.

Hi

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

It seems like the app was possibly not uninstalled or deleted properly from your PC and now it freezes when trying to re-install. Do you see the app still in your Task manager? Click where it says more details and go through each tab
    and locate the Xbox game pass beta app. Right click and then select Open file location, which should open the folder with any files you would still need to delete.

Open run window (Windowskey + R) - Type in: "%appdata%" - Delete the Xbox app (beta) for the PC Game Pass folder in the roaming folder (You should be in it already). Go back one folder, then you should end up in Appdata - Go to
    "Local" - Delete the beta Xbox app folder in there too. You can also get to the local folder by typing %localappdata% in the run window. Once you delete the folders for the app that is having issues, try re-installing again from this website https://www.xbox.com/xbox-game-pass/pc-games.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox (Beta) Installer Frozen at installer

Hi cygrips,

It seems like the app was possibly not uninstalled or deleted properly from your PC and now it freezes when trying to re-install. Do you see the app still in your Task manager? Click where it says more details and go through each tab and locate the Xbox
    game pass beta app. Right click and then select Open file location, which should open the folder with any files you would still need to delete.

Open run window (Windowskey + R) - Type in: "%appdata%" - Delete the Xbox app (beta) for the PC Game Pass folder in the roaming folder (You should be in it already). Go back one folder, then you should end up in Appdata - Go to "Local" - Delete the
    beta Xbox app folder in there too. You can also get to the local folder by typing %localappdata% in the run window. Once you delete the folders for the app that is having issues, try re-installing again from this website https://www.xbox.com/xbox-game-pass/pc-games.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox app for pc wont install (I have 1903)

Hi JOSHDL17,

It's possible the original files for the app were not properly deleted. Open run window (Windowskey + R) - Type in: "%appdata%" - Delete the Xbox app (beta) for the PC Game Pass folder in the roaming folder (You should be in it already). Go
    back one folder, then you should end up in Appdata - Go to "Local" - Delete the beta Xbox app folder in there too. You can also get to the local folder by typing %localappdata% in the run window. Once you delete the folders for the app the is having issues,
    try re-installing again from this website https://www.xbox.com/xbox-game-pass/pc-games.
Thema:

1. Xbox app on PC not deleting games fully? - Similar Threads - app deleting games

2. Delete a console from Xbox App Library?

in XBoX on Mobile
    Delete a console from Xbox App Library?: I have like 5 consoles showing up in my Xbox App LIbrary and I only personally own 2. I've been logged into other consoles before. How do I delete these? This is a HUGE issue since the latest...
  3. Can't start / delete games after moving them around via "Apps & Features"

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't start / delete games after moving them around via "Apps & Features": Hello, I am sure I a got a pretty unusual problem for you. Because I ran out of space I bought a new SSD. I also bought an external controller for it, so I can connect the SSD temporarily to the...
  4. Xbox App not deleting 0G games off achievement list.

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox App not deleting 0G games off achievement list.: I can delete these off the One and 360 but sometimes the app will just outright refuse to sync this sometimes. Doesn't matter what I do, it won't disappear so I'm effectively forced to play...
  5. Pins and groups deleted from games and apps

in XboX Insiders
    Pins and groups deleted from games and apps: All of the groups I created are now gone. Only the pins group remains. Is this still an expected issue? Is it worth recreating the groups or will this just happen again and is there a way to...
  6. Unplugging Xbox One deletes Updating games/Apps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unplugging Xbox One deletes Updating games/Apps: Ok been having this problem for a while and Support assist machine is honestly useless so figured to come here instead. Past few months and honestly the past 6 months been going to the local...
  7. Will resetting my Xbox after checking keep games and apps will it delete my game data?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Will resetting my Xbox after checking keep games and apps will it delete my game data?: Will resetting my Xbox after checking keep games and apps will it delete my game data? My Xbox keeps lagging and freezing and having trouble launching games and logging in and I was wondering if I...
  8. An option to delete games with 0 GS and 0 achievements on the Xbox.com and on the Xbox App.

in XBoX on Consoles
    An option to delete games with 0 GS and 0 achievements on the Xbox.com and on the Xbox App.: So I looked through my achievements from the Xbox.com, everything was pretty accurate but as I looked down the list, I was very surprised to see demo's and beta's from ages ago. All demo's don't...
  9. An option to delete games with 0 GS and 0 achievements on the Xbox.com and on the Xbox App.

in XBoX on Consoles
    An option to delete games with 0 GS and 0 achievements on the Xbox.com and on the Xbox App.: So I looked through my achievements from the Xbox.com, everything was pretty accurate but as I looked down the list, I was very surprised to see demo's and beta's from ages ago. All demo's don't...
  10. Cannot delete 0% games and apps from achievement list

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot delete 0% games and apps from achievement list: Xbox Ideas, powered by UserVoice I know that this is simply a feature that the xbox one is missing... But this feature was present on the 360, and on the xbox one would be even more useful....