Xbox App on PC not launching (some) games

Discus and support Xbox App on PC not launching (some) games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have the Xbox GamePass App on a Windows 10 PC. Some games don't launch. Specifically, Back 4 Blood and Evil Genius 2. I tried upgrading to Windows... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ArmandoMartino1, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Xbox App on PC not launching (some) games

I have the Xbox GamePass App on a Windows 10 PC. Some games don't launch. Specifically, Back 4 Blood and Evil Genius 2.

I tried upgrading to Windows 11, and no game would launch. After phoning Xbox Support and Windows Support, the best advice they could offer was to roll back to Windows 10, which I have done.

I keep Windows Updated, I update my video drivers, I have tried re-installing the games. I update the MS Store.

When I phone the Xbox helpline, I am told that it is a Windows problem, so they pass me on to the Windows team. The Windows team say that my Windows installation works well except for the Xbox App (this is true), and therefore it isn't a windows problem.

If this continues, I will unsubscribe from Xbox Ultimate, which I don't really want to do, but I can't be paying for a service that has these problems.

Can anyone help?

:)

ArmandoMartino1, Dec 3, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Armando welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. I suggest you try these basic troubleshooting steps!

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command, then you're going to open the gamepass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again :

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.
  3. x PAYLOAD x Win User

Game Pass on both platforms.

4. DrifterX22 Win User

Games/Xbox

When you try to launch any game via the Xbox app on the PC it will ask to connect a controller prior to launching.
  5. Lukiol1 Win User

Sea Of Thieves with Xbox game pass

I'm not on an xbox but on PC with microsoft and i launch the game with microsoft store or xbox app
  6. MahadiAntor Win User

Can't Lunch Halo Master Chief collection on xbox game pass?

Found a solution :- do not launch the game from xbox game pass pc app. Go to settings find halo app try repair and reset then launch it from recently added tab.
Thema:

1. Xbox App on PC not launching (some) games - Similar Threads - App launching games

2. Error when launching games through the Xbox app (Windows 11) from an external drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error when launching games through the Xbox app (Windows 11) from an external drive: Добрый день. Пытаюсь запустить игру через приложение Xbox. Игры установлены на внешний диск (D:). В настройках Xbox тоже стоит установка игр на диск D: При запуске игры возникает следующая...
  3. Can't download or launch ANY game from xbox app on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download or launch ANY game from xbox app on PC: Xbox game pass for PC, started last night. I logged in and played a few games just fine, restarted my computer due to the immense amount of lag I was getting on "The Riftbreaker" for literally no...
  4. Can not launch downloaded games from xbox pc app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can not launch downloaded games from xbox pc app: Hello, I am having some issues regarding the xbox pc app. I recently got the 3-month Game pass ultimate subscription and downloaded a couple of games from game pass. However, whenever I try to...
  5. Games launched from the xbox app do not use my dedicated Nvidia gpu (pc)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games launched from the xbox app do not use my dedicated Nvidia gpu (pc): Hello, as the title says i'm having a problem when i launch any game installed through the xbox app (i'm using pc gamepass ), for example when i launch age of empires 4 the game runs at 20 fps...
  6. Unable to launch or keep a game open from the Xbox app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch or keep a game open from the Xbox app.: I just acquired Forza Horizon 4 on the Xbox app for PC. I have tried time and time again to open it and it gets past the opening credit scenes, then goes to a black screen, then a gray screen,...
  7. Games have stopped launching from xbox app on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games have stopped launching from xbox app on PC: I have Gamepass Ultimate and have previously downloaded and run games on my PC from the Xbox app (windows 10). Although the app still opens the games no longer run. They go through the initial...
  8. xbox app gamepass download is beyond reasonably broken (help me launch a game)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app gamepass download is beyond reasonably broken (help me launch a game): wanna play the new forza. sign in to xbox app Click the button to sign into my account (refuses to authenticate me) no error message just refuses try everything, I have to eventually sign in...
  9. When launching Halo Infinite from the Xbox app on PC, I get redirected to "Gaming Services"...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When launching Halo Infinite from the Xbox app on PC, I get redirected to "Gaming Services"...: The subject pretty much explains the issue. I have tried signing in and out of the Xbox app, tried restarting the PC, tried updating it (though no updates available for either the game or the Xbox...
  10. Microsoft Gaming Services- No install option, can't launch games from Xbox App

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Gaming Services- No install option, can't launch games from Xbox App: Hello, Hoping to get some help here as I'm beyond frustrated with this issue. Downloaded Halo Infinite campaign earlier today and played without issue for about an hour. Attempting to launch the...