Xbox App on Windows 10 not allowing me to send or receive messages

Discus and support Xbox App on Windows 10 not allowing me to send or receive messages in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've stared having this issue over a week now. Everything else on the app is working fine.....I'm seeing my friends list updating as well as Activity... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by angeleyez3, Mar 15, 2019.

1. angeleyez3
    angeleyez3 Guest

I've stared having this issue over a week now. Everything else on the app is working fine.....I'm seeing my friends list updating as well as Activity Feeds, but when I go to my messages it states "Try again - we had trouble getting your conversations".
    If I try to message a friend directly, it states "We couldn't sent this message. Try again later. I can send messages through the mobile app as well as on my xbox one. None of my security setting are blocked and my in-app preferences are not blocking any
    chat features. I have already uninstalled/reinstalled/reset the app, as well as insured all update on my pc have been downloaded....and yes....already did the 'phone number verification' thing....still same issue. Please help.

:)

angeleyez3, Mar 15, 2019
  2. angeleyez3 Win User

Not sure anyone is reading my entire message, lol. I've already uninstalled/reinstalled AND 'reset' the app. Nothing fixes the issue. Do appreciate your suggestion though :)
  3. CIDkidzPILLZ Win User

I've been having the same issue for some time with the Xbox App on Windows 10. From what I've found. Resetting the app will occasionally resolve the issue. However, it tends to return. The issue really does need to be fixed. It's quite the annoyance.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi there,

Apologies that solutions proven to work in the past are not working for you. This seems to be a very odd one.

Have you tried the
    beta Xbox App
    ? This version of the app has been know to work when the other is not, at least in regards to messages.

Let us know if the beta app works for you in regards to messaging.
  5. angeleyez3 Win User

Nope, done that already. I'm on a Dell that's never had any issues and I'm not having problems with any other apps, feature, gaming, streaming, etc.
  6. angeleyez3 Win User

As noted in my message, I've already done this step.....still having the same issue.
Thema:

1. Xbox App on Windows 10 not allowing me to send or receive messages - Similar Threads - App Windows allowing

2. Xbox App in Windows 10 und das Spiel Pinball FX2 [Translation - Xbox App in Windows 10...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App in Windows 10 und das Spiel Pinball FX2 [Translation - Xbox App in Windows 10...: Ich habe ein Laptop mit Windows 10 einer vor Installierten App Xbox. Also keine separate Konsole oder dergleichen. Auf meinem Laptop ist das Spiel Pinball FX2 seid längerem installiert. Seid 10...
  3. How to block some items from showing in Windows 10 Xbox App feed

in XBoX on Windows
    How to block some items from showing in Windows 10 Xbox App feed: I just want to see things about my friends when I open the Xbox app. I don't want to see all these "news" about other games I don't even have/play. All these always have "[owner]" in their name....
  4. The Xbox app for Windows 10 is not letting me access my conversations

in XBoX on Windows
    The Xbox app for Windows 10 is not letting me access my conversations: Every time I log into the Xbox app, I go to messages and I get this message: "Try again-we had trouble getting to your conversations." I have reset the app twice, and it still did not work. It...
  5. No aparecen los mensajes de xbox live en app de windows [Xbox Live messages are not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No aparecen los mensajes de xbox live en app de windows [Xbox Live messages are not...: Hola a tod@s, ya hace mucho tiempo que no me aparecen los mensajes en la app de windows 10 de xbox, siempre me sale el mensaje "No se han podido recuperar tus mensajes, intentalo mas tarde" Ya...
  6. xbox app Windows 10 für Forza Horizon 4: Club beitreten nicht möglich, da angeblich noch in...

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox app Windows 10 für Forza Horizon 4: Club beitreten nicht möglich, da angeblich noch in...: Hallo, wie im Betreff schon zu lesen, kann ich keiner Clubeinladung mehr folgen, es erscheint in etwa die Meldung "Sie sind bereits in einem Club. Verlassen Sie diesen vorher". Gehe ich dann auf...
  7. XBOX APP Windows 10 - Problema con caricamento/invio messaggi [Translate] XBOX APP Windows...

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX APP Windows 10 - Problema con caricamento/invio messaggi [Translate] XBOX APP Windows...: Buonasera, utilizzo la XBOX APP da Windows 10 e avrei un problema con il sistema di messaggistica della APP. In pratica, il caricamento del messaggi (ho giusto qualche conversazione) dalla APP è...
  8. Windows 10 Xbox App won't allow me to download any of my videos from Xbox live.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 10 Xbox App won't allow me to download any of my videos from Xbox live.: I used to be able to download videos from Xbox Live onto my PC, but since I moved the Captures folder to another drive, I am unable to download anything. I have tried moving the folder back,...
  9. Windows 10 Xbox App party is not allowing me to talk to anyone!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 10 Xbox App party is not allowing me to talk to anyone!: Hello guys, I have an issue in the windows 10 xbox app, the problem is that, when I join or create a party, it doesn't allow me to speak due to an awful screech that my friends in the party hear,...
  10. Windows 10 App no longer allows games to be accessed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 10 App no longer allows games to be accessed: Some days ago my games ceased to function. The little dots spin as it 'tries to sign in', then tells me "Choose another item This in-app purchase item is no longer available in Microsoft...