Xbox App on Windows 10 not allowing me to send or receive messages

Discus and support Xbox App on Windows 10 not allowing me to send or receive messages in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've stared having this issue over a week now. Everything else on the app is working fine.....I'm seeing my friends list updating as well as Activity... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by angeleyez3, Mar 15, 2019.

1. angeleyez3
    angeleyez3 Guest

I've stared having this issue over a week now. Everything else on the app is working fine.....I'm seeing my friends list updating as well as Activity Feeds, but when I go to my messages it states "Try again - we had trouble getting your conversations".
    If I try to message a friend directly, it states "We couldn't sent this message. Try again later. I can send messages through the mobile app as well as on my xbox one. None of my security setting are blocked and my in-app preferences are not blocking any
    chat features. I have already uninstalled/reinstalled/reset the app, as well as insured all update on my pc have been downloaded....and yes....already did the 'phone number verification' thing....still same issue. Please help.

:)

angeleyez3, Mar 15, 2019
  2. angeleyez3 Win User

Not sure anyone is reading my entire message, lol. I've already uninstalled/reinstalled AND 'reset' the app. Nothing fixes the issue. Do appreciate your suggestion though :)
  3. CIDkidzPILLZ Win User

I've been having the same issue for some time with the Xbox App on Windows 10. From what I've found. Resetting the app will occasionally resolve the issue. However, it tends to return. The issue really does need to be fixed. It's quite the annoyance.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi there,

Apologies that solutions proven to work in the past are not working for you. This seems to be a very odd one.

Have you tried the
    beta Xbox App
    ? This version of the app has been know to work when the other is not, at least in regards to messages.

Let us know if the beta app works for you in regards to messaging.
  5. angeleyez3 Win User

Nope, done that already. I'm on a Dell that's never had any issues and I'm not having problems with any other apps, feature, gaming, streaming, etc.
  6. angeleyez3 Win User

As noted in my message, I've already done this step.....still having the same issue.
Thema:

1. Xbox App on Windows 10 not allowing me to send or receive messages - Similar Threads - App Windows allowing

2. Friends on Xbox One will not receive game invites from Xbox App on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Friends on Xbox One will not receive game invites from Xbox App on Windows 10: As of yesterday, my friends on Xbox One no longer receive my game invites. This is true regardless of if I send the invite through the in game interface or through the Xbox App. It will claim the...
  3. Windows 10 xbox应用问题 [Translation-Windows 10 xbox app issues]

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 xbox应用问题 [Translation-Windows 10 xbox app issues]: [img] 法从我的游戏中移除,点击 效 [Translation- Unable to remove from my game, click invalid] a533a70d-fa04-464a-bb6f-880085d5883b
  4. Xbox Windows 10 PC App Headset Microphone Not Working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Windows 10 PC App Headset Microphone Not Working: I have recently begun to have this problem where my microphone stops working in the windows 10 pc app when I am in a party with friends. It has worked fine until about a week ago that I first had...
  5. Xbox app on windows, mic not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app on windows, mic not working: hey everyone/anyone, im using a turtle beach recon headset with a 3.5 mm mic, works on my xbox and works for everything aside from the xbox app, i can hear my friends in parties but they are...
  6. Xbox app on Windows

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app on Windows: I am so tired of Microsoft and its self conscious app. I get asking a user how the experience was but asking and wanting a rating each and every single time I use the app. That is just ANNOYING!...
  7. App not coming up on my windows app list

in XBoX Games and Apps
    App not coming up on my windows app list: So I was using a Windows 10, in which installed Halo 5 Forge. I later had to refresh my PC. After i did this i thought Microsoft store would find out the Halo 5 Forge installed, but it doesn't....
  8. Windows 10 Xbox App won't allow me to download any of my videos from Xbox live.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 10 Xbox App won't allow me to download any of my videos from Xbox live.: I used to be able to download videos from Xbox Live onto my PC, but since I moved the Captures folder to another drive, I am unable to download anything. I have tried moving the folder back,...
  9. Windows 10 Xbox App party is not allowing me to talk to anyone!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 10 Xbox App party is not allowing me to talk to anyone!: Hello guys, I have an issue in the windows 10 xbox app, the problem is that, when I join or create a party, it doesn't allow me to speak due to an awful screech that my friends in the party hear,...
  10. Windows 10 App no longer allows games to be accessed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 10 App no longer allows games to be accessed: Some days ago my games ceased to function. The little dots spin as it 'tries to sign in', then tells me "Choose another item This in-app purchase item is no longer available in Microsoft...