Xbox app on windows 11 cant download or play games

Discus and support Xbox app on windows 11 cant download or play games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; After Halo infinite campaign came out I wanted to play the campaign on the Xbox app. I tried downloading but every time I tried to play the game it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DougEfresh0501, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Xbox app on windows 11 cant download or play games

After Halo infinite campaign came out I wanted to play the campaign on the Xbox app. I tried downloading but every time I tried to play the game it would give me this error message. I thought that was odd then I tried to test another game out which was Gears 5. This was also giving me the same error message. This message has never popped up before when I was using it on windows 10. I have tried searching for a solution and nothing has worked so far. I'm hoping someone is able to help me with this dilemma.

Error Message:

Xbox app on windows 11 cant download or play games [​IMG]

:)

DougEfresh0501, Dec 10, 2021
  2. CollinGilbert Win User

nothing happens when i paste that into PowerShell. Also the gaming services app doesn't appear in the search
  3. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Doug welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. I suggest you try these basic troubleshooting steps!

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command, then you're going to open the gamepass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again :

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.
  4. StormeeKat Win User

So i figured it out

what you have to do is close the xbox and ms store apps go to setting then apps then go down to gaming services, select it then click advanced options then reset, it will uninstall gaming services, and reinstall it and boom worked for me just open the xbox app and happy gaming
  5. Mamba 8Bit Win User

Microsoft needs to fix this. What a ridiculous workaround.
  6. TracyDeShane Win User

tried this method and no avail. still unable to install game pass games from Xbox onto windows 11
Thema:

1. Xbox app on windows 11 cant download or play games - Similar Threads - app windows cant

2. Windows Xbox App I cant move games to one hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Xbox App I cant move games to one hard drive: I can install games in my C: and D:, but I cant install in E:. i have space. I can move games to D: and C:, but cant move to E:. Its show to me 0x80073d0d error. I have 123gb free and I can...
  3. WINDOWS XBOX APP - Cant install Sea of Thieves - ERROR CODE 0x800706ba

in XBoX on Consoles
    WINDOWS XBOX APP - Cant install Sea of Thieves - ERROR CODE 0x800706ba: When trying to install Sea of Thieves through the Xbox app on windows it just says ERROR 0%. This is the only game I have encountered this issue with and this has been ongoing for several months....
  4. Cant download or launch games on the windows 10 xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant download or launch games on the windows 10 xbox app: I cant launch any games or install within the xbox app I have tried deleting xbox and redownloading it. I do have an active gamepass subscription so thats working fine I just dont know what to do...
  5. cant download games on xbox app on windows 11 can anyone help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant download games on xbox app on windows 11 can anyone help?: so since ive updated to windows 11 for some reason I cant download games and I have more than enough storage, I select the storage from settings only to come back to see this. can anyone help?...
  6. BUGREPORT Xbox app on windows cant install games on partition which is not 4k cluster size!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    BUGREPORT Xbox app on windows cant install games on partition which is not 4k cluster size!: Split from this thread. I have the same problem and I'm so close to canceling the Xbox game pass since I cant use it to play anything on my pc. This is a ridiculous constraint....
  7. BUGREPORT Xbox app on windows cant install games on partition which is not 4k cluster size!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    BUGREPORT Xbox app on windows cant install games on partition which is not 4k cluster size!: Hello, I dont understand this, xbox app is like only app i ever seen that is "checking" for cluster size of partition and accepts only partitions that are 4k...like whyyy I have insider and xbox...
  8. Cant install games from xbox app on windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant install games from xbox app on windows 10: Hello, I cant install any games from xbox app it tells me an error code and the download not starting. I did everything that i found in google searches and i'm now furious. error code: 0x80070005...
  9. Cant Log-In my Microsoft Account on Xbox App (Windows 10)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant Log-In my Microsoft Account on Xbox App (Windows 10): I cant login and neither am i able to download any game over USK 6 I bought the Game Pass and wanted to download Hitman 3 but when clicking Download nothing happend. So I went through other games...
  10. Xbox app on Windows , cant get online in most of the games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app on Windows , cant get online in most of the games: I have a problem connecting online in "Back for Blood" i tried somethings to see if it works but nothing seems to change,Please help me if anyone solved it out what to do, i am experiencing the...