Xbox App parties won’t work!

Discus and support Xbox App parties won’t work! in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; I use the Xbox App on my iPhone for parties because I can’t afford Xbox headphones. But no matter how many party invites I get, it says, “Update the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by OG HotLinkz, Dec 29, 2019.

1. OG HotLinkz
    OG HotLinkz Guest

I use the Xbox App on my iPhone for parties because I can’t afford Xbox headphones. But no matter how many party invites I get, it says, “Update the app for use of parties” or something, when it clearly is on the same update version as Xbox! 1912.1213.1700
    is clearly the current version, isn’t it?! What am I doing wrong?!

:)

OG HotLinkz, Dec 29, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi OG HotLinkz

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to offer some advice. That is indeed the current version of the

Xbox App on the Apple Store for iOS devices
    . Have you tried reinstalling the app and made sure your iPhone doesn't have any pending system updates?

If you have done all of those steps and you continue to get this specific error, then I would suggest contacting Xbox Customer Support to report the issue. Here are the best steps to take to request a callback from customer support:

1. https://beta.support.xbox.com/contact-us.
    2. Select Contact Us.
    3. Select "Account & profile" in the first drop-down and then "I need a Microsoft account" in the second drop-down
    4. If you are not logged in, you will be prompted to log in to your Microsoft Account at this point.
    5. Once logged in, scroll down in the window to Other options and select Request a Call.
    6. You can add additional information at this point if you'd like and then select Request call
    7. A new window will open for you to enter your Country/region and your best contact number, then select Confirm and you'll be placed in a queue to receive a call back from Customer Support
  3. Bananapie999 Win User

Xbox Party Won’T Work

So, I haven’t been able to communicate with one of my good friends in a party for months now. I’ve been able to talk with literally anybody without any fail, except for this one friend. Both of us have gotten our Internet reset twice recently - no fix. Both
    of us have Open NAT Types, our IPv4 and IPv6’s are fine, and it says ‘All Services Available’ for both of us. If I go to join his party, we won’t connect. If he joins a party that I’m in, it disconnects everyone in the whole party, and vice versa. I don’t
    have him blocked, and we can play multiplayer games fine - it’s just that the party NEVER works. Xbox has no customer service and this has p*ssed me off to the point where I want to sell this thing and get a Playstation. PLEASE. Any help?

(I have the original 500GB Xbox One, and my headset works fine)
    Oh, and in the odd event we can join the same party, which happens maybe 10% of the time, I can hear him perfectly fine for about 5 seconds, then his mic cuts out, then the whole party disconnects and my Xbox usually crashes. Same applies to him. The error
    code I often get is 0x89234020
  4. XBF Erick C Win User

Xbox Party Won’T Work

Hey there Bannanapie999,

Sorry to hear you have been running into these problems with connecting with your friend to a Party Chat. In this case I would advise that you both go through the troubleshooting provided on the following support article.

Once on here go ahead and answers the questions and follow the steps exactly as they are provided.

Give this a try and let us know if this has helped.
  5. Bananapie999 Win User

Xbox Party Won’T Work

My NAT Type has always been Open. I’ve tried this process before and it did nothing to help me. Any other suggestions?
  6. Christyna64 Win User

xbox party?

The Xbox App works with party chat.
Thema:

1. Xbox App parties won’t work! - Similar Threads - App parties won’t

2. Companion App I cannot hear party but they can hear me. Help.

in XBoX on Windows
    Companion App I cannot hear party but they can hear me. Help.: One day I just could not hear my friends when I would join their parties from the companion app on my PC. I couldn't solve the problem in the five mins I tried to so I just went to my Xbox to join...
  3. xbox app party chat issue

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox app party chat issue: my headset has started to create an echo for my friends and they can hear what I'm playing on my computer. (they can hear themselves talk and music I play over my headphones, not the other way...
  4. BUG REPORT: Xbox App on mobile crashes when including party audio

in XBoX on Mobile
    BUG REPORT: Xbox App on mobile crashes when including party audio: When someone is streaming in a party and you go to include party audio on mobile, the app crashes. Happened on Iphone c15a10b3-1e9a-4556-a008-bb2dbc28d398
  5. Xbox app party

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox app party: everytime i get an invite to a party though my app it says “ update your app to use the lastest version of parties” i need help to fix this! 900e54d5-44bd-4eff-b1e1-cd6e1ec1a4ab
  6. Xbox app parties not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app parties not working: No matter what i do, whenever i try to join a party, i get a pop up that says update the app to use the latest version of parties. The thing is, i don’t have an update for the app. This happens on...
  7. Xbox Console Companion App Party Chat

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Console Companion App Party Chat: I had the issue that party chat would not work. I could not hear anybody and they couldn't hear me, i tried changing the audio devices and tried just listening through the monitor speakers but...
  8. Party Chat won’t work for twitch app or streaming in general

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party Chat won’t work for twitch app or streaming in general: I have been attempting to stream through the twitch app with others however it no longer asks the other person to allow their audio or even show that check box to allow it and I am perplexed on...
  9. Xbox app won’t let me join a party

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox app won’t let me join a party: Recently I tried to join a party with my friends on my xbox app on IOS but everytime I tried it would say “something went wrong” and i delete the app and re-downloaded it to see if that would work...
  10. Xbox app won’t let me join group party!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app won’t let me join group party!!!: so I was looking for a roleplaying groups on GTA 5 and I found a group and entered it,they host sent me an invite to group party and every time I got the invite my app would crash or when I tried...