Xbox app redownloading games already installed on updates

Discus and support Xbox app redownloading games already installed on updates in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This has happened twice now, once with Back 4 Blood and the other with Forza horizon 5. The app says there is an update available, I click update, the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TJM7, Nov 18, 2021.

1. TJM7
    TJM7 Guest

This has happened twice now, once with Back 4 Blood and the other with Forza horizon 5. The app says there is an update available, I click update, the app starts to download the entire game again. I usually play on steam, you click update, and it downloads just the update. Why the hell is it going to try to download a 101 gb game again? I don't have the data caps on my internet to willingly download an entire video game every time a game needs to update on the windows xbox app.

:)

2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Forza Horizon 5 did that to me too earlier today, I took it that the game needed to be reinstalled alongside the update to remove all the bugs which has plagued the game since launch. I apologise for the inconvenience.
  3. IgotTSondabrain Win User

Who is preordering Halo 5?

hmmm... the MCC has been mostly fixed for awhile now. I find that when they release an actual update to fix a problem in the game it helps if I delete the entire game and redownload it. that way the update is already installed in the game when I do that.

I figured out that separate update uploaded separately to an already installed game causes problems. at least with the MCC it did
  4. Onyx Is Here Win User

Installation stopped appears every time I try to download minecraft

Usually this is due to an update in the console that is interfering with the install. However, if you're unable to see an update then try doing a factory reset on the console. There's an option to keep installed games and apps so you won't need to redownload
    them and your saves are safe on the Cloud.
  5. ingloriousstark Win User

Installation of Witcher 3 : Hearts of Stone DLC stops with code 0x87e0000f

Install the game without updating until the game completes the installation, then install the update. It should help.
    Thanks for replying Jurgen, I already get the latest updates installed even after I fully reset my Xbox. Tried both the resets; one with keeping my games and apps and other without keeping them.
  6. Miss Ermine Win User

3F4A 0000 D080 0200 8007 2AF9 Error

Hello zu, thanks for the update! OK, so cache clear and redownload of profile didn't get it behaving. Can you please try installing the game to your hard drive, or if it's already there, try deleting it and re-installing?
Thema:

1. Xbox app redownloading games already installed on updates - Similar Threads - app redownloading games

2. XBOX APP Cloud Gaming Black screen when i try to play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX APP Cloud Gaming Black screen when i try to play: Hello, when i click PLAY i have black screen and game doesnt load, i dont even have that plane. On website it work's but not in windows app. Do you have any solutions?
  3. Problem with downloading games on Xbox app on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with downloading games on Xbox app on PC: Whats up.I have a problem downloading games from the xbox app to pc.I contacted the support.I did everything they told me to do.Nothing's working so far. Every time I try to download any game from...
  4. Error when redeeming perk in xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error when redeeming perk in xbox app: Hello, Whenever I try to redeem any perk from the box px app it pops up with the message: Sorry, we're having problems showing the details of this perk right now. Please try again a little...
  5. Why don´t you make a Rewards App for PC

in XboX Insiders
    Why don´t you make a Rewards App for PC: As the title says, i would appreciate if we get an XBOX App for Rewards, like we have it on the Console. This way, we could progress through the Rewards Program, even if we´re not able to hop on...
  6. Can't install/update XBox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install/update XBox App: Hi, When trying to install the XBox App I get the error code 0x80073D05. I have tried the following: Using WSReset.exe Using powershell to reset the microsoft store reinstall gaming services...
  7. Using pre-existing game files for Xbox app (insider)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Using pre-existing game files for Xbox app (insider): Hi, So, with the new Xbox insider update allowing you to explore your game files freely without restrictions or letting you to back your game files up, i was wondering if there's a way to use...
  8. Xbox PC Beta App tries to redownload game after each time I boot pc.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox PC Beta App tries to redownload game after each time I boot pc.: Hello everyone, As above, I have played and uninstalled The Outer Worlds on the Xbox app on PC. However, after each time I restart the pc or when I boot it up it tries redownloading the game all...
  9. I deleted my Xbox preview Dashboard app by accident and I dont know how to redownload it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I deleted my Xbox preview Dashboard app by accident and I dont know how to redownload it: Well I was making some space on my xbox and I deleted the Xbox Preview dashboard app by accident, I no longer have the mesage from xbox with the code and I dont know how to redownload the app,...
  10. Xbox One Preview, deleted app and can't redownload it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Preview, deleted app and can't redownload it: Hello, I'm a preview member, but i deleted the app and now i can't find/download it anywhere? 8ab920a2-1d03-4b06-b1dc-f6846585e324