Xbox App spying on Steam/GoG/Blizzard activity on Windows 10

Discus and support Xbox App spying on Steam/GoG/Blizzard activity on Windows 10 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I opened my Xbox app on Windows 10 today and I can see under "recent" games that I was playing on other game platforms. My privacy settings are... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MiketheImpuner, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Xbox App spying on Steam/GoG/Blizzard activity on Windows 10

Hello,

I opened my Xbox app on Windows 10 today and I can see under "recent" games that I was playing on other game platforms. My privacy settings are set, yet there is no "please do not spy on activity outside of the Xbox app" option. I don't want to see steam
    games in my xbox app. I don't want to see "you played a non-xbox game for 2hrs 5 days ago." Is there a way to stop this unacceptable invasion of privacy while remaining a loyal xbox customer? I like playing Cuphead now an again but I will delete this intrusive
    app if the spying cannot be stopped.

If "sign out" is the only option...will the app repopulate what I played while signed out once I sign back in?

:)

MiketheImpuner, Mar 14, 2019
  2. XBF George L Win User

Hello!

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums with this situation. The app is designed to keep track of gaming on your Windows 10 PC. If this suggestion is something you'd like to see implemented I would recommend you voice it at
    Xbox Ideas. Find an available Idea Drive that says "Accepting Ideas" and post your idea there for review. Hope this helps.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox 360 on PC

Hi, There is no way to play Xbox 360 games on a Windows 10 PC. The only way would be to play a Windows version of the game, which you can find on 3rd party store such as Steam and GOG. But playing Xbox 360 games on a PC is just not possible.
  4. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

Grand Theft Auto IV Games For Windows account problem

5. Loraine Mon Win User

Xbox app only showing 3 comments on feed items.

Hi,

To manage your activity feed in the Xbox app on Windows 10, you can follow the steps provided on this
    link.

Let us know how it goes.
  6. Ackis Win User

Windows Live PC

If you have Windows 10 there actually is no need for the Windows Live app anymore. That app is to play games on Xbox Live if you had any of the earlier versions, like Windows 8.1 or Windows 8.
    This is 100% wrong.

The Games for Windows Live (GFWL) App is still required if you want to play games that require it. Shadowrun, the Batman games (if you're not playing the Steam port), etc.

Since you mentioned a Live ID, I suspect that it is GFWL that's the issue, but I could be wrong.

Check out my post here if it is GFWL:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_gapp/guide-games-for-windows-live-gfwl-steam-windows-10/7d065256-342c-4eb0-9866-21ee9fbfb4b4

What game are you having trouble with?
Thema:

1. Xbox App spying on Steam/GoG/Blizzard activity on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - App spying Steam

2. HElp. Xbox one. xbox live works but games/apps dont connect to servers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HElp. Xbox one. xbox live works but games/apps dont connect to servers: hi. I can connect to xbox live. Everything seems fine when i try the speed test on the in built browser. I am getting speeds about 65 mbps up and 30 mbps down. I cant seem to connect to the...
  3. Can't connect to any games, streaming apps work fine

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to any games, streaming apps work fine: I'm exhausted. Been hard resetting, disconnecting, fiddling with settings all day. It's not my modem and the owner is dragging their butt in accessing numbers and I don't have a laptop. I've...
  4. Does anyone knows, how can I control all the Hulu app, with the game controller because I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone knows, how can I control all the Hulu app, with the game controller because I...: I am having trouble on using the game controller through the hulu live tv, i get to a certain part of the app and i am not sure which button to push? 17ced2e5-0544-4120-81cf-d01bc99fabda
  5. Xbox App in Windows 10 und das Spiel Pinball FX2 [Translation - Xbox App in Windows 10...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App in Windows 10 und das Spiel Pinball FX2 [Translation - Xbox App in Windows 10...: Ich habe ein Laptop mit Windows 10 einer vor Installierten App Xbox. Also keine separate Konsole oder dergleichen. Auf meinem Laptop ist das Spiel Pinball FX2 seid längerem installiert. Seid 10...
  6. Can't messge on the xbox app even after the provided solution

in XBoX on Mobile
    Can't messge on the xbox app even after the provided solution: I frankly ticked off that I can message people on the xbox app even after the verification process 587d7d7b-c1e1-4b7d-8ff3-03f716f4f1f0
  7. How to block some items from showing in Windows 10 Xbox App feed

in XBoX on Windows
    How to block some items from showing in Windows 10 Xbox App feed: I just want to see things about my friends when I open the Xbox app. I don't want to see all these "news" about other games I don't even have/play. All these always have "[owner]" in their name....
  8. 마이크로소프트 앱스토어에서 다운로드가 정상적으로 이뤄지지 않습니다. [Translation - The download from the Microsoft App...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    마이크로소프트 앱스토어에서 다운로드가 정상적으로 이뤄지지 않습니다. [Translation - The download from the Microsoft App...: 마인크래프트 윈도우 10 에디션을 다운로드받으 하는데 계속 다운로드 중.. 에서 멈춰있습니다. 진행바는 요지부동이구요. 혹시나싶어 다른 앱 다운받아봤는데 그건 또 잘 작동합니다....
  9. The Xbox app for Windows 10 is not letting me access my conversations

in XBoX on Windows
    The Xbox app for Windows 10 is not letting me access my conversations: Every time I log into the Xbox app, I go to messages and I get this message: "Try again-we had trouble getting to your conversations." I have reset the app twice, and it still did not work. It...
  10. mobile tracking spy | Android Spy Apps, GPS Mobile Tracking - Bol7

in XBoX on Consoles
    mobile tracking spy | Android Spy Apps, GPS Mobile Tracking - Bol7: There's also some additional options which you may well find helpful: mobile tracking spy • Social-network monitoring: assured chat communications from inside of social media applications and...