Xbox app telling me im not old enough

Discus and support Xbox app telling me im not old enough in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; I am a adult, and i have the xbox app on a ipad. My account is set as adult and not in a family group, i have the ability to create a family group upon... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by Cannot Be Accessed, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Xbox app telling me im not old enough

I am a adult, and i have the xbox app on a ipad. My account is set as adult and not in a family group, i have the ability to create a family group upon looking in the settings area of the app. However i can not join any clubs as it tells me my account
    does not allow it and i should change the setting on the xbox.com website. I looked on the website and headed to my profile on the xbox part but the only thing that shows up is the managing childen help.

:)

Cannot Be Accessed, Jul 18, 2019
  2. Cannot Be Accessed Win User

I do not have an xbox and the computer i have doesnt seem to support the app, because of this the two settings mention do not show up.

I had made a second accoun on the same device but this account is a lot better for me.
  3. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi Cannot Be Accessed,

Thanks for the reply! As you indicated that you are using an iPad, this may be at the heart of the matter as some iOS based devices do not react as intended on Microsoft/Xbox websites or apps. You may wish to try to change your privacy settings while logged
    into a PC or, if you have the availability, an Android phone/tablet. You should be able to make the changes necessary once on a different OS build.

Additionally, if you do try to change the settings but are still receiving that message, then
    check out this article: Age verification for parental consent.

If you are an adult or use the account but asked for parental consent.

If you're being asked for parental consent, the birthdate on your account indicates that you're underage. You can correct your birthdate by providing proof that you're an adult.

Here's how:

1. Create a temporary Microsoft accountin order to submit your proof of age request.
    2. Be sure to enter an accurate birthdate when setting up the temporary account.
    3. Submit proof of age.
      • If you have a credit or debit card: Use the instructions under
        Provide a valid credit or debit card numberto verify that you're an adult.
      • If you don't have or can't use a credit or debit card: Use the instructions under
        Submit proof of age without a credit or debit cardto verify that you're an adult.
    4. Within the manual verification form, you'll be able to indicate which Microsoft account you're sending proof of age for.
    5. After your proof of age has been verified, you can close the temporary Microsoft account.
      See how.

After submitting the age verification form you will receive email communications concerning it and may also check on the status of your request as well.

Give the settings a try on a different device and let us know the results.

I hope that this helps a bit more.
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello Cannot Be Accessed,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are unable to join clubs on the Xbox app due to privacy settings on your account. We recommend

changing the privacy settings
    from the Xbox website. The article I provided contains steps on how to access these settings. You should go through both the Windows 10/Xbox One and Xbox 360 privacy settings to ensure that there are no settings which could
    be hindering your performance. The two settings that you should be looking for are called, "You can play with people outside of Xbox Live" and "You can communicate outside Xbox Live with voice and text." Please make sure these settings are both set to allow.
    These two are key settings that must be enabled, but we recommend looking through any that may be affecting your ability to join a club. Be sure to let us know the results!
  5. VibroPlex Win User

xbox says im not old enough

Go to http://account.live.com - sign in there - look at the Account Summary section and look at your birth date.

Does it make you less than the age of majority where you live? Check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_majority#Age_19 which shows folks in Alabama, Nebraska, British Columbia,
    New Brunswick, Newfoundland & Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut and Yukon are not legal adults until they're 19, and New Zealand, Mississippi and Puerto Rico make you an adult at 20.

BTW, Once that date is entered into the Account Summary, you can change it.... but that change does not propagate to Xbox Live and you remain a minor until you reach the original date of birth entered when the Microsoft account was first created.
  6. davemcfly85 Win User

xbox says im not old enough

you will need to promote your account to an adult account once that is done (as long as the account age is 18 or over) you will have no problems.
Thema:

1. Xbox app telling me im not old enough - Similar Threads - app telling old

2. Got my invite but unable to use app

in XboX Insiders
    Got my invite but unable to use app: Got my invite mail yesterday and looked into the app. It only says that whether game streaming via xCloud nor via Console Streaming is available in my region (Germany). Not sure why I got invited...
  3. Can't sign in to Xbox (Beta) app

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't sign in to Xbox (Beta) app: I am unable to sign in to the Xbox (Beta) app on Windows 10 Pro. When I try, I get the following message: "A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated." This has...
  4. Xbox (Beta) App on PC, error 0x80073cf3 when attempting to install Admin required games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox (Beta) App on PC, error 0x80073cf3 when attempting to install Admin required games: I have been trying for over 2 hours to fix this irritating issue, I've restarted my PC multiple times as well as ensured it is up to date. I have looked up and followed guides on how to fix this...
  5. Install game pass game from mobile app to second console only

in XboX Insiders
    Install game pass game from mobile app to second console only: I have a second console at my holiday home. I do not have the ability to install games to my second console using the mobile app. Please add feature to install game pass games to other consoles...
  6. I want to remove settings app from my games. Please tell how to do that.

in XBoX on Windows
    I want to remove settings app from my games. Please tell how to do that.: How to remove it [img] 46f181ae-0718-4ad3-9500-fe6f66085da0
  7. The App Tells Me Some Weird Stuff

in XBoX on Mobile
    The App Tells Me Some Weird Stuff: some context first: I have been using the Xbox App for like 6 months, everything ok, but, this week, when I did upload a profile image from my phone, the next day it was erased (the image did not...
  8. Xbox 1 is telling me that I do not own a game which is in my games and apps which I have gotten

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 1 is telling me that I do not own a game which is in my games and apps which I have gotten: I have recently gotten EA acsess and have used it to get Star Wars battlefront , the game has reached 100% and is now in my games and apps and is installed . However , whenever I press on the game...
  9. My Youtube app is telling me that it isn't available right now why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Youtube app is telling me that it isn't available right now why?: My Youtube app says it isn't available right now but all my online friends are watching theirs whats going on c9994df6-e245-4fff-a88a-8156346aab84
  10. Using the new snap an app feature telling me I need to purchase content from Xbox live message ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using the new snap an app feature telling me I need to purchase content from Xbox live message ...: So I turn on my Xbox one to relax to a "nice" wait on halo TMCC for matchmaking when I go to snap an app to see whose playing. Pressing the Xbox button twice and pushing up to "snap an app" I...