Xbox app "This app needs an extra component. Provides functionality for Xbox Live in-game...

Discus and support Xbox app "This app needs an extra component. Provides functionality for Xbox Live in-game... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; What exactly is this "extra component" and what functionality does it provide? Is Microsoft actually encouraging users to blindly install components... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TheRealDanMoran, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Xbox app "This app needs an extra component. Provides functionality for Xbox Live in-game...

What exactly is this "extra component" and what functionality does it provide? Is Microsoft actually encouraging users to blindly install components without a description?

:)

TheRealDanMoran, Sep 13, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Xbox app "This app needs an extra component. Provides functionality for Xbox Live in-game experiences."Install

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

The extra component is Gaming Services app.
  3. TheRealDanMoran Win User

Xbox app "This app needs an extra component. Provides functionality for Xbox Live in-game experiences."Install

Thanks for the response. I would sure appreciate having that information before I click "Install".
  4. File Explorer Crash Win User

Audio CD Player & Media Remote

I have the same issue. Please add Xbox one media remote functionality to the CD player app. I hate having to go to Xbox one controller for this basic functionality. CD player is a media component...thanks
  5. Jomari Arc Win User

Xbox to Windows app streaming error

Hi,

It looks like your Xbox App's components has something to do with the error message that you are getting. Here is a

link
    on how to troubleshooting Xbox app game streaming on Windows 10.

Feel free to provide us a feedback.
  6. GetOuttaMyTree Win User

Can't login to Xbox Insider Hub

Hi Tim,

I found the following on Reddit

"I had the same issue for a little bit while trying to get the app to work for the Halo Reach flight. I fixed it by installing the Xbox Beta app from the Microsoft Store then installing a
    missing component (If you have the same problem you should see some notifications at the top saying you are missing some extra components. You want the one called Identity Provider.) that it said was needed to sign into the app. Insider Hub also let me sign
    in after that.

EDIT: If the above doesn't work try opening your search bar on windows and type "Services," open it and sort by name and scroll down until you find "Xbox Live Auth Manager" and try starting
    it"

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinside...cess_is_denied_when_trying_to_sign_into_xbox/

See if that helps.
Thema:

Xbox app "This app needs an extra component. Provides functionality for Xbox Live in-game...

1. Xbox app "This app needs an extra component. Provides functionality for Xbox Live in-game... - Similar Threads - app app needs

2. I need to have my Elgato HD60 app open on my pc to have audio on my Xbox Series X. Without...

in XboX Insiders
    I need to have my Elgato HD60 app open on my pc to have audio on my Xbox Series X. Without...: The title is pretty much the layout of my problem. I should also mention that I never had to do this for my Xbox One. I could keep the Elgato plugged in without having to open the app on my PC....
  3. Xbox Accessories App PC needs an update for Xbox Elite Series 2

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Accessories App PC needs an update for Xbox Elite Series 2: after I updated my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller using my friend's Xbox One console. I went home to open Xbox Accessories App on my PC so I can configure my controller. My Controller's version...
  4. You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer: I have Forza Horizon 5 on steam. I can't join my friend game, it say You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer. and its take me to forza horizon 5 in microsoft store i try to join my...
  5. Xbox Game Bar unable to launch when pressing Win+G it says u'll need a new app for this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar unable to launch when pressing Win+G it says u'll need a new app for this...: Ok, so recently Xbox Game Bar stop working due to me not being able to access the apps settings so i cant use Xbox Game Bar, also i now CANT ACCEPT INVITES TO GAMES, if there is a a solution plz...
  6. PC Xbox Beta App HELP IS NEEDED

in XBoX on Consoles
    PC Xbox Beta App HELP IS NEEDED: Every since the new update today (9/09/2021) my xbox beta app has decided too **** it self by not letting me install anymore games on my D drive its now just saying ive got too install it on my C...
  7. Blu-ray App Not Playing Recent UHD Blu-ray Discs, May Need Copy Protection Update

in XBoX on Windows
    Blu-ray App Not Playing Recent UHD Blu-ray Discs, May Need Copy Protection Update: I am apparently not alone in this issue and have exhausted all troubleshooting steps on my end with the help of calling Xbox Support. It has supposedly been happening for a month or two but...
  8. I need a written permission to use brands and assets from Mojang to launch my app on Google...

in XBoX on Windows
    I need a written permission to use brands and assets from Mojang to launch my app on Google...: Hello, I devevloped a free educational Android app called "Learn Programming With Minecraft" that explains computer science and programming concepts using the ComputerCraft mod in Minecraft, along...
  9. This app needs a few things that are missing on this PC (They are NOT missing)? What to do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    This app needs a few things that are missing on this PC (They are NOT missing)? What to do?: Below is a screenshot of my xbox game app on PC. If I click "Fix them in Settings" I am able to download all of the apparently missing things but then it simply lets me download them again and...
  10. Need help with Microsoft Store / Xbox App on Windows 10 - not downloading games - Xbox App...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help with Microsoft Store / Xbox App on Windows 10 - not downloading games - Xbox App...: This is my first post, but I feel like I've been here for a while. I have a new Win10 pc. I'm a long-time subscriber to Game Pass on console, but recently decided to try it on PC to enjoy Flight...