XBox App will not install

Discus and support XBox App will not install in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I initially had an issue where the Xbox app would not open - it would show the logo and then the entire window would turn white. So I uninstalled the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by doghugs, Nov 25, 2021.

1. doghugs
    doghugs Guest

I initially had an issue where the Xbox app would not open - it would show the logo and then the entire window would turn white.

So I uninstalled the game and downloaded it again from the Microsoft website. When I start the installer, tick the box that I've read the software agreement, and click the "Install" button the installer freezes. I have tried this numerous times and the same result every time.

Then when I go to install it from the Windows store, the button to install is greyed out and nothing happens when I click.

Why does my computer seem determined not to let me install this app?

:)

doghugs, Nov 25, 2021
  2. s33r Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC: Even though other drive selected, game still install to C:

Are these games you're installing through the XBox (Beta) app or remote installing using the App?
  3. StaticApples Win User

Where is Xbox Beta App PC installed?

When I use the Xbox Beta App installer, where does it install that app to?

I want to find where the XBox Beta App exe is located.
  4. SamQY Win User

Xbox Installer

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Cancel the app installation, open the Microsoft Store app, search for the Xbox app and try to install from there.
  5. DianaMTS Win User

I uninstalled the FH4 from the laptop but it continued to take up space.

Ok, but it's forcing me to install thru the xbox app and if i try to install in the xbox app says that i don't have space.
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

i cant download forza

You have the problem with the Xbox app to install games not with Forza as is still not installed, so you need to reset the Xbox app and the Microsoft store
Thema:

1. XBox App will not install - Similar Threads - App install

2. Windows 11 Xbox App Game Install Issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 11 Xbox App Game Install Issues: I am trying to install Forza Horizon 5 on my gaming laptop, since updating to Windows 11 however, game installs and more specifically, GamePass installs; must be done through the Xbox App, no...
  3. I'm not able to install games using xbox app on my PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm not able to install games using xbox app on my PC: I bought recently the Xbox game pass to play a few games that I'm interested in but the XBOX App does not allow me to download games. I try a few games and just one of them was installed...
  4. Cannot install apps or games through microsoft store - Error Code: 0x80242020

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install apps or games through microsoft store - Error Code: 0x80242020: Whenever I try to install any app I have purchased through Microsoft store, I get Error Code: 0x80242020. "Something happened on our end." It is not my computer, it is not my Microsoft store. I...
  5. Stuck remote installing a game to PC via Game Pass mobile app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stuck remote installing a game to PC via Game Pass mobile app: Hi, I am trying to install a game (Among Us) via the eGame pass mobile app to my PC ( I cannot seem to install it directly from MArketPlace, and the install button is greyed out ). Pc meets game...
  6. Xbox app games install stuck on preparing windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app games install stuck on preparing windows 11: Xbox app games install stuck on preparing windows 11 I have tried everything possible suggested on Microsoft forum and even 3rd party sites no solution for me still. I have tried powershell...
  7. Xbox App (Windows 11 Home Insider Preview) won't let me choose a drive to install games on

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App (Windows 11 Home Insider Preview) won't let me choose a drive to install games on: Hi, I recently got interested in Game Pass for PC since I have a Game Pass Ultimate subscription for both Xbox and PC. My laptop's internal SSD being too small, I bought a bigger external SSD...
  8. Cannot install games on xbox app getting the 0x0000001 error. Have followed all advice on...

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot install games on xbox app getting the 0x0000001 error. Have followed all advice on...: Hi there, I bought game pass a few weeks ago and as of yet have been unable to play anything. I cannot install games and keep getting the 0x00000001 error code. I have tried the following advice...
  9. Xbox for PC App, Installation Stops Immediately with Error Code 0x800700e7

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox for PC App, Installation Stops Immediately with Error Code 0x800700e7: I've been using the Xbox PC app fine for a few months now and recently whenever I try to install a game, it either errors out almost immediately with the error code 0x800700e7, or it sits a 0%...
  10. I can't install some games from xbox beta app (Something Unexpected Happened error 0x00000001)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install some games from xbox beta app (Something Unexpected Happened error 0x00000001): so i have tried multiple attempts trying different ways listed both here on xbox forums and on reddit about this error but i still can't download some game one of them being Back 4 Blood, can...