Xbox app wont let me install/play anything... Administrator approval required for installation

Discus and support Xbox app wont let me install/play anything... Administrator approval required for installation in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Just as the title says. I had previously connected my work email as a "school & work email" option, but that granted them a lot of permissions in my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by davidpino1, Jul 1, 2022.

1. davidpino1
    davidpino1 Guest

Xbox app wont let me install/play anything... Administrator approval required for installation

Just as the title says.

I had previously connected my work email as a "school & work email" option, but that granted them a lot of permissions in my personal computer that I was not comfortable with. I subsequently removed this access by removing the school/work account that is my work account from the windows settings. However, the XBOX app still displays "Administrator approval required for installation" on every game, whether its already installed or not.

They wont play/open.

I am using the administrator account for this computer (*its the only account on the computer, there are no other log in accounts on this computer*), I cannot right click and "run as admin" as the option is not there on the app.

I tried also finding the actual .EXE file to just do right click > run as administrator on that, but when I tried, it states im missing dependencies sharedlibrary.dll and one other, mdr42_dll or something siimilar.

I am out of ideas...

:)

davidpino1, Jul 1, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today David

May I know if you already tried creating a new local user for your PC and check if the issue persists there?

Also, the option to execute as admin appears with regular exe/applications?
    For example photoshop, iTunes etc

If the issue persists using a new local account, try running the SFC tool to repair possible system corruptions :

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

If that doesn't work (no corruptions) try instead performing an in-place upgrade for your system :

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

If you're on windows 11, steps are the same. You just need Windows 11 ISO:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

I'll be waiting for your reply
  4. David Pino1 Win User

it worked, thank you! I was able to launch and install a game through the xbox app. the message is still displayed on the screen about admin acccess required, making it sound like it wouldnt work, but it does now allow me to play and install.

Thank you!
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Amazing!

Glad that it worked!

Happy gaming David and take care
  6. davidpino1 Win User

Hi!

The problem does persist with a new account. I created a new local account with administrator priveledges and I also tried the actual CMD/RUN code to initiate the administrator account for windows and tried that, same issue.

The execute as admin appears on all other programs as usual except for the XBOX APP shortcut for some reason.

I did the steps at the above link for SFC Repair tool and ran all the steps (Check / Scan / Repair), same issue after those steps.

I am attempting the in place upgrade to see if that resolves it.
Thema:

1. Xbox app wont let me install/play anything... Administrator approval required for installation - Similar Threads - app wont let

2. Xbox app wont let me install on SSD, Error code 0x80073d13

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app wont let me install on SSD, Error code 0x80073d13: simple as my description, I cant download games to SSD. The app also doesnt find my SSD either. I cant even move the app over to the ssd 58c631ee-9922-4acf-a9b5-ebf57afe9c99
  3. Xbox app wont let me install Minecraft for Windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app wont let me install Minecraft for Windows: I tried to install Minecraft Bedrock on my PC but whenever I do it stops at 0% and gives me the error code 0x00000001, However when I try to download anything else like Forza Horizon 4, or...
  4. Xbox App wont let me sign in or create an account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App wont let me sign in or create an account.: Every time I try to sign in or create an account in the xbox app, it won't sign in, and it the app blacks out and then comes back without me signed in, this only happens on the xbox app. I tried...
  5. Serious sam on xbox app wont let us play co op?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Serious sam on xbox app wont let us play co op?: Apparently this has been an issue since it was released how can you release a game stating co op and it does not have functioning co op that is fraudulent, i didn't pay but for those who bought...
  6. Xbox App wont let me install games on an external hardrive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App wont let me install games on an external hardrive: xbox app wont let me install games on an external hardrive and I've tried everything, the drive is already formatted as an NTFS and i have no idea what else i should do to fix this...
  7. xbox app wont let me download games on pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app wont let me download games on pc: I have been attempting to download several games recently especially the new Halo game, it starts the download and stops at 4% and gives an error code 0x803FB107 . Cant download Gaming Services as...
  8. Wont let me sign out of Xbox app into another account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Wont let me sign out of Xbox app into another account: I'm trying to sign out of my Xbox account and into another account with a different email. I sign out and it signs me out but the moment I hit sign in it automatically signs me into the account I...
  9. Xbox App wont let me sign in

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App wont let me sign in: Hello, The Xbox app will not let me sign in! I have tried resetting the app, uninstalling it, sfc /scannow, updates, checking the time zone, but when I load up the app and try to sign in the...
  10. Xbox pc app wont let me switch accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox pc app wont let me switch accounts: Its says "invalid JSON string." how do i fix this? Thanks 340a165c-4299-44c5-b4d0-619ed76dbe0f