Xbox app

Discus and support Xbox app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am setting up my new computer and I want to remove the xbox app. Unfortunately, it won't let me uninstall it, or delete. I have uninstalled several... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BKJTH, Aug 29, 2019.

1. BKJTH
    BKJTH Guest

Xbox app

I am setting up my new computer and I want to remove the xbox app. Unfortunately, it won't let me uninstall it, or delete. I have uninstalled several others, but this one won't go away. Any help on how to remove it would be greatly appreciated.

:)

BKJTH, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Allebas Win User

gamer tag

You can try signing out of the Xbox App and the Minecraft app. Then sign back into your Minecraft app and Xbox app. It should show your correct gamertag on the Minecraft app now especially since it was already showing correctly on the Xbox app.
  3. MrDankle Win User

Xbox game bar

Please try the following steps to try to fix the issue with the xbox companion app.

1. Run Xbox App Troubleshooter

Click on Start and select Settings.

Go to Update and Security.

Click on Troubleshoot tab.

Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows Store Apps.

Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter

Click on Run the Troubleshooter button.

Windows Store App Troubleshooter will scan the system and suggest some fixes.

Follow the on-screen instructions and check if that resolves the error.

2. Reset the Xbox App

Click on Start and select Settings.

Go to Apps.

Click on Apps and Features.

Now search for Xbox App and select the app.

Click on Advanced Options.

Xbox Apps - Apps and Features

In the new window, scroll down and click on the Reset button.

Xbox App Reset - Xbox Companion App

When asked for the confirmation, click on Yes.
  4. Mr ZEMM Win User

Chat history gone in Xbox-app

Anyone use Xbox app on PC?

All my chat history is gone except from the last few days of chat.

Everything is ok on Xbox app Beta, Phone app and Console.
    So how come my chat history is missing on Xbox-app on PC, but everything ok on Xbox-app Beta on PC, Phone-app, Console and Xbox Game Bar? Only Xbox-app is missing chat history. Happened after last update.

I can use Xbox-app Beta until the issue has been solved, but prefer the usual Xbox-app on PC.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.
  5. JustinHahn 12 Win User

Skype auf der Xbox 360s [Translation - Skype on the Xbox 360s]

Hi there Justin,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is a question on how to download the Skype app on the Xbox 360. I recommend to try the following article: Set
    up and troubleshoot Xbox Live apps

Give this a try and let us know the results.
    Hallo es hat mir leider hat es mir nicht geholfen und ich finde die app auf der xbox 360 ja auch nicht im store (xbox guide >xbox startseite >apps> apps durchsuchen dort ist die skype app nicht

Translate: Hello it has unfortunately not helped me and I find the app on the xbox 360 so not synonymous in the store (xbox guide> xbox home> apps> search apps there is not a skype app
  6. thatkrazy006guy Win User

Xbox App not working (Android)

I always have issues with the app, from trying to connect it to my xbox in the house from other app options. Tried to clear cache, tried normal Xbox app and Xbox Beta app on mobile with no luck.
Thema:

Xbox app

1. Xbox app - Similar Threads - app

2. how do I opt out of an app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do I opt out of an app?: I got a message saying that connectV3-PROD connected itself to my account. I do I opt out? 7e5b68ba-4811-41d8-8c20-248c6baff958
  3. Windows Xbox app in game chat

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Xbox app in game chat: Using the windows Xbox companion to stream with using window capture to obs In game sounds and party chat comes through the app fine (as well as on the headset plugged direct into xbox remote)...
  4. Can not play previously purchased movies on Xbox or on the movies app in Windows: error...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can not play previously purchased movies on Xbox or on the movies app in Windows: error...: Over the years I have purchased close to 100 movies on my Xbox One and I am now unable to play any of them. I was previously able to watch them on my Xbox One, Xbox One S, and also on my laptop...
  5. Xbox android app won't get past sign in screen

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox android app won't get past sign in screen: I cannot get the Xbox android app to open, when i try to sign in it just comes up with a different error code every time. I cant open it or the gamepass app. I tried uninstalling numerous times...
  6. Protect XBOX for Installing new App

in XBoX Accessibility
    Protect XBOX for Installing new App: Hello. I am trying to change the XBOX One settings so that it requires a Passkey or Password any time a new game is installed. What I am getting is, either a new game is installed without the need...
  7. Video thumbnails not loading on microsoft edge xbox app

in XboX Insiders
    Video thumbnails not loading on microsoft edge xbox app: Whenevere I go to Youtube or other streaming/video websites the thumbnails wont load and ive been experiencing this problem for the past few updates, and incase you need the info im in the...
  8. Films app won’t play my rented movie

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Films app won’t play my rented movie: Films app won’t play the movie I’ve just rented 0332628b-7217-4594-b5fe-de60a430965a
  9. Games and Apps won’t select on Xbox dashboard.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games and Apps won’t select on Xbox dashboard.: Why does my “A” button not work on the Xbox dashboard? It flashes and makes the noise but won’t select the game or app. It’s the same for multiple controllers and the A button works fine in...
  10. APP Wordament para Android (Tablet) p[App Wordament for Android (Tablet)]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    APP Wordament para Android (Tablet) p[App Wordament for Android (Tablet)]: Buenos dias: desde hace 3 dias no es posible acceder a la opción de "Multijugador" de WORDAMENT ¿Alguna explicación?¿Alguna solución? Gracias [Translation-Good morning: for 3 days it is not...