Xbox Audio Suddenly Stopped Working

Discus and support Xbox Audio Suddenly Stopped Working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi All, I was playing with some friends yesterday afternoon and everything was working perfectly. I put my controller and headset away as usual and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DeclanBrooks, May 23, 2020.

1. DeclanBrooks
    DeclanBrooks Guest

Hi All,

I was playing with some friends yesterday afternoon and everything was working perfectly.

I put my controller and headset away as usual and when I played again yesterday evening I suddenly have no audio through my headset.

I have checked the headset still works on my phone and I have updated the controller - with no joy.

I do get sound out of my TV when I unplug my headset.

Any suggestions?

Astro A10 headset - no obvious damage to wiring

Standard Xbox Controller

:)

DeclanBrooks, May 23, 2020
  2. DeclanBrooks Win User

Small update - having updated the controller wirelessly yesterday evening with no result, I have seen a few suggestions of updating via usb cable. I’ve now updated the controller again via usb and when I plug the headset in now I get 1-2 seconds of sound
    before it cuts out the audio to my headset as well as the tv. I’m assuming it cuts out sound to the tv as the xbox sends it to the controller?

The xbox is also recognising my voice through the mic as my name comes up in party overlay.
  3. DeclanBrooks Win User

Sorry, my portuguese is shocking.

Google translate said something about trying another phone?

Thanks for your reply though
  4. iVerttz Win User

Olá, Você pode tentar colocar qualquer um outro fone e depois conectar o seu principal denovo.
  5. SoullessCodith Win User

help my recon 70 xbox one headset stopped working while I was chatting to my friends

Headsets are tricky to figure out why they suddenly stopped working. It could be one of the wires in the headset got bent or snapped. It could be that one of the audio input pins got bent.
  6. SimonMay4 Win User

Xbox will not fully turn on

Thanks again - the Xbox is completely connected to the TV and was working fine - it just suddenly stopped working.
Thema:

1. Xbox Audio Suddenly Stopped Working - Similar Threads - Audio Suddenly Stopped

2. Suddenly I'm Getting No Audio Output Whatsoever

in XboX Insiders
    Suddenly I'm Getting No Audio Output Whatsoever: I turned on my console today (Xbox One X) and i noticed there was no sound. I restarted my Xbox to no avail. I then restarted my soundbar (Samsung N950), but no luck. I restarted my TV as well (LG...
  3. No audio output all of a sudden

in XBoX on Consoles
    No audio output all of a sudden: Hello all, recently I've run into an audio problem. Probably about an hour ago I had sound working fully, playing through both my headset and my monitor. I left to go get food and now that I've...
  4. Halo Masterchief Collection suddenly has problems with video and audio

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Masterchief Collection suddenly has problems with video and audio: I had installed the Halo Masterchief collection some time ago. I haven't played it for a few months. In this time i played other games. 2 days ago i wanted to continue with where i have left at...
  5. Xbox mobile app on Android issue with audio and mic quality suddenly going bad when joining...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox mobile app on Android issue with audio and mic quality suddenly going bad when joining...: I have tested this for hours now and this is the run down of the problem: Install Xbox app on phone. Google pixel 2 xl Connect wireless headphones with mic built in to phone. Works perfectly...
  6. Party audio suddenly really quiet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party audio suddenly really quiet: This is a recurring issue that I've had, where basically out of nowhere all audio from party chat will go to basically nothing - whilst all other audio remains the same - so I can just barely hear...
  7. Party Chat Audio Stops Working Suddenly in Xbox App on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Party Chat Audio Stops Working Suddenly in Xbox App on Windows 10: I'm having an issue where I'll connect to a party using the Xbox App on windows 10 and suddenly my party chat audio stops (both other people can't hear more nor can I hear anyone else). I'll...
  8. All audio suddenly disappeared?

in XBoX on Consoles
    All audio suddenly disappeared?: I was in a game with game audio completely functional and all of a sudden the audio just cuts off and doesn't come back. As it was a turtle beach, I went to their support and did all their steps...
  9. All the sudden no audio from my Xbox one. "Hdmi audio unavailable"

in XBoX on Consoles
    All the sudden no audio from my Xbox one. "Hdmi audio unavailable": My Xbox one all the sudden shut the sound off. It says "hdmi audio unavailable". I was playing then switch my Tv's source to watch tv while waiting for the new match to switch, came back to no...
  10. Xbox 360 suddenly outputs pcm audio?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 suddenly outputs pcm audio?: Hi gang, For the longest time my xbox 360 output dobly digital sound via hdmi to my receiver. Was there an update that defaulted to pcm audio? The pcm audio 2 channel that's produced is terrible...