Xbox backwards compatibility disc's not working

Discus and support Xbox backwards compatibility disc's not working in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been playing my 360 games last week on my one x and today none of them are working. They are all discs. Everything else is working including dvd... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Nemesis9588, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Nemesis9588
    Nemesis9588 Guest

I have been playing my 360 games last week on my one x and today none of them are working. They are all discs. Everything else is working including dvd movies. I have tried everything to fix it but no luck.

:)

Nemesis9588, Jun 27, 2020
  2. onyxishere Win User

Backwards compatible?

3. Mister Beep Win User

Disc won't read

Hey there,

Do other Xbox 360 back compat games work specifically? If other backward compatible Xbox 360 discs work, that Black Ops II disc may need to be replaced.

Keep us posted!
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

XBOX 360 how can i play regular XBOX games

Hi Emerson,

Original Xbox games were backwards compatible on Xbox 360's for quite awhile when the Xbox 360 was in it's prime by simply putting in the disc but I don't think backwards compatibility on the Xbox 360 works as well as it used to since backwards compatibility
    has moved on to the Xbox One. The Xbox One can play Xbox original games by simply putting in the disc or you can buy digital licenses.

You can try inserting a disc into your Xbox 360 and see if it works but it may not be supported anymore.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Launch game from Xbox 360 on Xbox one

Yup. As long as it's backwards compatible the disc will work in the One.
  6. XBF Leslie D Win User

XBONE Backwards Compatibility

Hi Tio Bene,

Halo: Reach is backwards compatible, this means that the digital version and disc version should both work on an Xbox One. Here are all our backwards compatible game list: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility/available-games

For disc-based games that are a part of the Back Compat game catalog, insert the disc and the console will begin downloading the game to your hard drive. After the game has downloaded to your hard drive, users will still need to keep the game disc
    in the drive to play.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility?xr=shellnav#faqSection
Thema:

1. Xbox backwards compatibility disc's not working - Similar Threads - backwards compatibility disc's

2. Xbox One X recognizes no backwards compatible 360-disc / triggers no download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X recognizes no backwards compatible 360-disc / triggers no download: When I insert a backwards compatible 360 - disc game (Red Dead Redemption, Saints Row) in my Xbox One X no download or anything else is triggered. The disc drive did not even spin up from what I...
  3. Are Xbox 360 compilation discs backwards compatible?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are Xbox 360 compilation discs backwards compatible?: For a while, there was a series of of Xbox Live Arcade titles being put together in a disc and released without the need of Xbox Live at the time. They would install the digital games from the...
  4. backwards compatible discs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    backwards compatible discs: hi, ive just bought call of duty black ops 1 and my xbox wont read the disc and its in good condition, why is this problem occuring may i ask? dae5e00b-4d29-4cbf-8539-9b034db68e7f
  5. Backwards Compatible Disc "This game isn't playable here" - Black Ops 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backwards Compatible Disc "This game isn't playable here" - Black Ops 2: Recently purchased a physical disc version of Call of Duty Black Ops 2. On the case it says Xbox One and Xbox 360, and the backwards compatibility website lists it. When I go to install the game...
  6. Xbox 360 Backwards Compatible Discs no longer reading on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Backwards Compatible Discs no longer reading on Xbox One: I have a number of backwards compatible Xbox 360 game discs that all of a sudden are no longer working on my Xbox One. I was playing Saints Row a few hours ago without any issue but now the game...
  7. Xbox One X Backwards Compatibility Not Reading Disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X Backwards Compatibility Not Reading Disc: I've had my Xbox One X for probably over a year now and wanted to play some of my old 360 games on it but when I insert the disc nothing happens. There is no spin up sound for the disc being read...
  8. Backwards Compatable discs just not registering.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backwards Compatable discs just not registering.: My Xbox One X just doesn't want to acknowledge that BC games are a thing. I've tried to play multiple 360 games on it since last night, even 2 games that were installed via disc and it just won't...
  9. Backwards compatible discs don't work in my xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backwards compatible discs don't work in my xbox one: Hello! Every time I put an Xbox 360 backwards compatible disc into my Xbox One it doesn't pop up on the screen and the Xbox doesn't respond to me putting the disc in, making it so I cannot play...
  10. Xbox one won’t play backwards compatibility discs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one won’t play backwards compatibility discs: hello so my xbox one will not play any of my xbox 360 discs that are backwards compatible. However it plays regular dvds and all of my blue-rays and xbox one games....