Xbox (Beta) App and Gaming Services App wont install or update

Discus and support Xbox (Beta) App and Gaming Services App wont install or update in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I am trying to use the xbox (beta) app on my pc running windows ten, but when I try to install it gives me the error code: Code: 0x80070005. I also... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Drizzt9922, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Drizzt9922
    Drizzt9922 Guest

I am trying to use the xbox (beta) app on my pc running windows ten, but when I try to install it gives me the error code: Code: 0x80070005.

I also get this code when I try to install or update "Gaming Services."

I have tried a number of solutions, including restarting, turning off my firewall, downloading the app from a link in my internet browser, and so on, to no solution.

In a slightly related, but tangential topic...

This is absolutely the worst customer service experience I have ever had. After being pawned off to talk to multiple "xbox ambassadors" who have no knowledge of my issue (not that they should this isn't their job why the hell is microsoft pushing me to talk
    to them) I requested calls from agents and was hung up on shortly after being answered
    5 seperate times. Then, because i am located in the U.K., the phone support lines close AT 11:30 AM. I am furious about this, and considering giving up on xbox all together.

:)

Drizzt9922, Apr 3, 2020
  2. MoonlightGZ Win User

Error 0x80070005 On xbox game pass

I cant even install the Xbox Beta App for PC . I check the microsoft store and it shows “Game Services” in the

updates with the error 0x80070005 and when i close out of the Xbox (Beta) Installer the Xbox Services Update in the Microsoft Store disappears meaning those two are connected. How do i fix this issue?
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

bug

Hi Baptiste,

It's still not clear what app or game you are having trouble downloading. If you cannot download the Xbox (Beta) app for whatever reason, the easiest way to get the app is to use the Xbox
    (Beta) app installer

If your version of Windows needs to be updated to run the Xbox (Beta) app, the installer will help you through that process.
  4. RafaelMouraB-DB3E4E3 Win User

XBOX LIVE GOLD now asking for subscription

Delete your Xbox App Pc Beta , update windows, Install Xbox App Pc Beta again, login and check if it solve.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Can't install Gears 5 on PC

Hi Pawer 8,

You will need to update Windows to 1903 in order to download the Xbox (beta) app game launcher and then you will be able to download games available in Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. If the update is not being offered in your Windows update settings, try running
    the Xbox (beta) app installer and it should also walk you through updating Windows.

The installer is found here: https://www.xbox.com/xbox-app

If you still can't update Windows to download the app, then try using the Update Assistant: https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10

I hope this helps!
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox game pass PC

Hi Fellow gamer,

Thanks for the update on the issue. Do you have the Xbox beta app installed and trying to launch the games from the beta app? Also check out the

beta app thread
    . It has many questions and answers that may help.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Xbox (Beta) App and Gaming Services App wont install or update - Similar Threads - Beta App Gaming

2. Xbox Companion is being Replaced by Xbox Game Pass (Beta) app

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Companion is being Replaced by Xbox Game Pass (Beta) app: [IMG] Xbox Companion is being Replaced by Xbox Game Pass (Beta) app is a Joke as the Xbox (Beta) app has Nothing the Xbox Companion does like Clubs, Console Control, Uploading Custom Pictures...
  3. Shift F enabling Microphone Feedback in Xbox Game Bar or Xbox Beta App

in XBoX on Windows
    Shift F enabling Microphone Feedback in Xbox Game Bar or Xbox Beta App: I'm having an issue where pressing Shift + F will enable listening to my own mic. I think its tied to Xbox Beta or Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10, but I can't find the setting to disable it....
  4. How to Fix Slow Downloads on Xbox Game Pass App for PC (Beta)

in XBoX on Windows
    How to Fix Slow Downloads on Xbox Game Pass App for PC (Beta): I was trying to download my first game (Ark) today and after 5 hours I was only at 20%. One thing I noticed is that I think it stops downloading when my screen goes to sleep so I changed my...
  5. Xbox Game Pass PC beta app won’t sign in

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Pass PC beta app won’t sign in: Title, I’ve tried everything under the sun that I can think of. Signing in, uninstalling and reinstalling then trying to sign in, using the sign in with other account button. I got nothing left to...
  6. Games on Xbox beta app playing horrible on my laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    Games on Xbox beta app playing horrible on my laptop: I have a Asus ROG strix G series laptop with a GTX 1660 TI GPU. I'm trying to play games in the Xbox beta app but even the Xbox 360 games play horrible even on low settings? I know my 1660 TI...
  7. Reinstalled Windows but XBOX (BETA) app doesn't detect my games anymore.

in XBoX on Windows
    Reinstalled Windows but XBOX (BETA) app doesn't detect my games anymore.: Hi community, I have reinstalled Windows by only formatting my C: drive. I had my XBOX ( BETA) games installed in my other drives but now the app tells me I have no games installed. How can I...
  8. Xbox Game Pass (Beta) PC App Won't Permit Sign-On

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass (Beta) PC App Won't Permit Sign-On: I recently purchased the Xbox game pass subscription. I downloaded and installed the app on my windows 10 PC but the next day I can't seem to sign in at all. When opening the app and pressing sign...
  9. xbox game pass (Xbox Beta) app requests smart card

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox game pass (Xbox Beta) app requests smart card: Whenever I start the PC Xbox Game Pass app the dialog for a smart card is presented, I have to cancel around 3 times before it stops popping up. Can't find a setting in the app to turn it off....
  10. Xbox Beta (PC) app won't install specifically "A Plague Tale" game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Beta (PC) app won't install specifically "A Plague Tale" game.: The game: A Plague Tale: Innocence - Windows 10 Problem: Clicking the install button causes it to change to "preparing" then brings me back to the green install button again. Game won't...