Xbox Beta app - cannot find the specified file

Discus and support Xbox Beta app - cannot find the specified file in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; HELP!! Until yesterday everything was working fine on my XBOX Beta App. When I loaded it yesterday morning I was told an update was needed so I let... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Johnturner1969, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Xbox Beta app - cannot find the specified file

HELP!!

Until yesterday everything was working fine on my XBOX Beta App. When I loaded it yesterday morning I was told an update was needed so I let that happen. Then I wanted to Install Torment Tides of Numenera and at first I just got a blank grey square that
    looked like it was trying to sign me in under my gamertag.

I decided to try a clean install of the App, then got a message saying I didn't have permission to install the game, so I rechecked and submitted all my privacy settings. The game ran fine, but later on when trying another game I kept getting an the `specified
    file` error and could not sign into XBOX live.

Now I cannot play any of the games in my Library, apart from the Dark Crystal which somehow does not seem to need any sign in.

I have tried all the steps I can find from google, including restarting all the authentication services, checking that my Microsoft account and XBOX account are linked, checking the date and time settings and more.

Please help Xbox Beta app - cannot find the specified file :)

:)

Johnturner1969, Sep 16, 2020
  2. khader Alhowari Win User

XBOX Game Pass App - "The system cannot find the file specified"

Hey my friend

Did u try to reinstall the app !

Clear cache!

And check if u have all files up-to-date
  3. {Parity} Win User

Cannot sign into console companion "system cannot find the file specified"

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Also, make sure your PC is fully updated.
  4. XBA_Hype Win User

Xbox Beta Problems

please make sure pc, all drivers, windows app, xbox pc beta app and xbox services are all up to date. make sure your pc meets the specified requirements for the game.
  5. Rhiley-[xboxvenue] Win User

Crashes as soon as I launch game streaming - event ID 1000

Hello ScantilyCloud. This happens with the Xbox app. I downloaded the (beta) app and the same thing occurs. I filed the report in the beta app.
  6. XBF Amber M Win User

impossibile accedere ad xbox live (Unable to access Xbox live)

Hi SeaLukino336,

Thanks for your reply with an update! Sorry to hear that the troubleshooting hasn't worked so far for you. Since this is occurring with other programs from the MS store that require access to Xbox Live, you may wish to try the solutions available from
    the following forums post to see if they will assist in getting you connected:
    "The System cannot find the file specified" on Windows 10 Login

Alternatively, you may wish to check your connection to Xbox Live via your PC to see if you are receiving any messages concerning server connectivity as well.
    Go to Settings >
    Network in the Xbox app and check Server connectivity. You may then use the following support article to further troubleshoot: Xbox
    app server connectivity on Windows 10 is blocked

Give this a try and please keep us updated with the results.

I hope that this helps out a bit more.
Thema:

Xbox Beta app - cannot find the specified file

1. Xbox Beta app - cannot find the specified file - Similar Threads - Beta app cannot

2. Cannot install from Xbox Beta App or MS Store - no hard drives detected (0 Unknown available)

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot install from Xbox Beta App or MS Store - no hard drives detected (0 Unknown available): [img] Hi, I have Game Pass Ultimate on my Xbox and PC MS account. I cannot download any game pass games using the PC apps. In MS store, the install button does nothing at all (no error...
  3. Cannot install Xbox Beta App

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot install Xbox Beta App: Hi, as per title, I'm currently unable to install the XboxBeta App. Previously, I had managed to install it and have same games installed (not all, I opened an other question for that) but, since...
  4. Cannot "include my audio" on friends stream on Xbox Beta App on PC

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot "include my audio" on friends stream on Xbox Beta App on PC: Hey all, The title pretty much says it all. I am in a party with a friend who is streaming, and I am attempting to get my audio added to the stream, but it is not automatically added it seems....
  5. Cannot update Games on Xbox (Beta) App without it giving me error code 0x8024001e

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot update Games on Xbox (Beta) App without it giving me error code 0x8024001e: I've been fighting with this error code for a few weeks now and honestly the fact that it hasn't been fixed yet or at the very least added to the Xbox Status site is pretty annoying. I contacted...
  6. Cannot Upload Custom Screenshots from PC - Xbox Console Companion Beta App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Upload Custom Screenshots from PC - Xbox Console Companion Beta App: Hello. I'm not sure if this is the correct place to do so, but I would like to report some issues I'm having with uploading captures from my Windows 10 PC to my Xbox games through the Xbox Console...
  7. Cannot sign into the XBOX app Beta on PC, it just does nothing

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot sign into the XBOX app Beta on PC, it just does nothing: I click sign in and the box comes up for just 1 second and then goes away and i cant sign in and i cant play halo, im logged into the store fine 4cdf6d3e-576d-42e1-aafd-fa8c843e420d
  8. Ark beta app PC cannot retrieve address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ark beta app PC cannot retrieve address: I have ark installed on the beta app on my PC. I can access the game and server on my console, I have uninstalled and reinstalled my game on the computer. I disabled my firewall I can login and...
  9. Cannot download any game from the Xbox Beta PC app

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot download any game from the Xbox Beta PC app: I recently bought a new laptop with which I got a Xbox Game Pass for about a week I played games happily but now when I try download anything from huge Triple A titles to small Indie games its...
  10. Cannot download The Outer Worlds in the Xbox app beta on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot download The Outer Worlds in the Xbox app beta on PC: Hello, I have an issue with the Xbox app for PC that seem to happen only with The Outer Worlds. I have access to the game through the Xbox game pass for PC (I checked my membership and it is...