Xbox (Beta) App constant 50+% GPU Usage while just downloading games

Discus and support Xbox (Beta) App constant 50+% GPU Usage while just downloading games in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I am currently downloading a game and I saw that the app is running at a constant GPU usage at over 50% and its hogging up my ability to play other... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MrSleepyguy, Oct 9, 2019.

1. MrSleepyguy
    MrSleepyguy Guest

I am currently downloading a game and I saw that the app is running at a constant GPU usage at over 50% and its hogging up my ability to play other games, any help on how to stop it from using that much?

:)

MrSleepyguy, Oct 9, 2019
  2. khader Alhowari Win User

Hey my friend

Did u try to restarting pc?

Clear cache!

Delete temp files?

Hope work .thanks
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Why does the Xbox (beta) app use GPU?

Hi,

I can't understand why its doing that on your system, perhaps its a driver issue? I know it's not happening on my PC. My Xbox App only shows GPU usage if I put my cursor over a game as it displays a video. I have An Nvidia RTX 2080 GPU, although I'm sure
    it didn't happen on my GTX 1070 either. Perhaps its a GTX 9XX issue?

What I can tell you is that you don't actually need to run the App to launch any games. I've just tested it. Unlike systems such as Steam, Origin or Epic games, The Xbox Beta App is linked directly into the Windows Store, so unless you're
    downloading games, you can close the app down. All your games should still work.

Hope that helps.
  4. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

How much data does the xbox use?

Data usage is going to vary from user to user, depending on the individuals use.

While data usage for initial setup would be minimal, the downloading of games can eat up data rather quickly. With many games being in the 50 GB range, some can be as high as 100+ GB each. Apps, web browsing, TV/Movie streaming etc. will all contribute to
    total usage... it doesn't take long to add up.
  5. Domzae Win User

Frame rate drops on Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

I have a near identical setup and issue:

5700XT

3600X

16GB 3600 ram

Game was running buttery smooth, then from around the beach section it began to drop significantly, and by the following section with the beast it was almost unplayable (20-30fps).

I wasn't looking at what usage was like in the beginning sections, but currently GPU is bouncing around between 10-50% usage, and even with a bunch of chrome tabs open not a single CPU core peaks 80%.

Reducing ALL settings to low doesn't help. Opening the menu brings the framerate up to 144 and gpu sitting happily at 95%+ GPU usage.
  6. Harvestbuddy Win User

Game not showing on the app

The Xbox (Beta) app recently got updated out of Beta. Try going to the Microsoft Store app to download Minecraft and while you're there, click on the top right icon (the one with the Down Arrow) or the "..." and click on "Downloads and Updates".

Also, the Xbox (Beta) app currently only shows Game Pass games. Minecraft PC unfortunately is not on Game Pass.
Thema:

1. Xbox (Beta) App constant 50+% GPU Usage while just downloading games - Similar Threads - Beta App constant

2. Is there a way to leave the beta on windows 10 without the app

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a way to leave the beta on windows 10 without the app: I need this because my laptop wont update so I cant get the latest version of xbox insider hub, therefore I cant leave the program. Maybe a website or an app on my phone? Please help. submitted...
  3. Console connection missing from new Xbox (Beta) App on Windows 10?

in XBoX on Windows
    Console connection missing from new Xbox (Beta) App on Windows 10?: I have been trying to find a way to connect my Xbox One X to the new app so I can broadcast from my console on to my PC monitor. This was/is doable through the Companion app, but I have no connect...
  4. Cannot "include my audio" on friends stream on Xbox Beta App on PC

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot "include my audio" on friends stream on Xbox Beta App on PC: Hey all, The title pretty much says it all. I am in a party with a friend who is streaming, and I am attempting to get my audio added to the stream, but it is not automatically added it seems....
  5. DTS app beta and I need 32 characters for title

in XboX Insiders
    DTS app beta and I need 32 characters for title: Quick question, does the dtsx require a wired headset or can it work over wireless. submitted by /u/like2trip [link] [comments]
  6. beta app crashing

in XBoX on Windows
    beta app crashing: downloaded the new beta app and everytime I launch a game it just closes beta app and games will not launch. also. I purchased sea of thieves prior to app install and it has been working fine...
  7. Crossfire X beta is up on the Insiders app.

in XboX Insiders
    Crossfire X beta is up on the Insiders app.: The open beta starts on the 25th as stated on the Xbox website but there's a closed beta running right now through the Insider Program. submitted by /u/EnzoFerrari85 [link] [comments]
  8. The new Xbox (Beta) app for Windows 10 PC

in XBoX on Windows
    The new Xbox (Beta) app for Windows 10 PC: Hello, I recently downloaded and installed the new Xbox Beta app for Windows 10 PC after being advised to do so after opening the Xbox Console Companion app upon my because the notification...
  9. Unable to install Xbox Beta App

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install Xbox Beta App: I have been trying to install the Xbox (Beta) App via the installer on the website. I have updated Windows to version 2004 and installed all other updates. When I try and install from the...
  10. Xbox Beta App slow dowload speeds and constant errors

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Beta App slow dowload speeds and constant errors: Hi! I have started a subscription plan for Xbox Game Pass PC yesterday. I tried to instal multiple games with the new App and the Microsoft Store as well but the download is painfully slow and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox beta higj gpu usage