Xbox (beta) App Download Throttling

Discus and support Xbox (beta) App Download Throttling in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Ok I have tried everything I have seen online related to the xbox (beta) app download throttling. I have gigabit download/upload speeds here, and on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by thetagc, Mar 20, 2020.

1. thetagc
    thetagc Guest

Ok I have tried everything I have seen online related to the xbox (beta) app download throttling. I have gigabit download/upload speeds here, and on every launcher except this one I get extremely high speed downloads. When I try downloading a game on the
    xbox (beta) app it starts the download at about 20 MB/s and then immediately drops to below 1 MB/s, and often times just sits at 0 for awhile. It takes AGES to download games even though I pay for extremely high speed internet. Here is a list of the things
    I tried so people don't have to waste their time..

I turned on Delivery Optimization, including enabling the bandwidth limiters and setting them to 100%.

I reinstalled the xbox (beta) app many times in many different ways.

I turned off my firewall and virus protection.

I restarted my router, and checked my internet speeds.

I ran wsreset.exe.

This is what I have tried already, and it has led me nowhere. None of the above in any combination has had any effect on my download speeds on the xbox (beta) app.

Please if you have any other suggestions, I am eager to hear them.

:)

thetagc, Mar 20, 2020
  2. Joreel Win User

It's been like this for the past 6 months that I've been using it. The fastest I've gotten was 2.6 Mbps so it's Microsoft's doing.
  3. thetagc Win User

It could be a server problem on Microsoft's end. There is so many users online now, that the servers are at capacity all the time. So this can affect download times.
    I'm sure the servers are quite busy, but this has been happening for a couple months now. That may be the issue now but I wonder what it was back then.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

It could be a server problem on Microsoft's end. There is so many users online now, that the servers are at capacity all the time. So this can affect download times.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox Beta App Error Code 0x8004E10E

Hi Deigge,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

Which beta app are you having issue downloading? The Xbox Console Companion App (Beta) or the Xbox Game Pass for PC app (Beta)? You'll need to have he beta companion app downloaded first before you can download the PC game pass app (beta) and you will also
    need to have Windows update version 1903.

Restart your PC and then make sure you have the requirements to download the PC game pass app.
  6. Rhiley-[xboxvenue] Win User

Crashes as soon as I launch game streaming - event ID 1000

Hello ScantilyCloud. This happens with the Xbox app. I downloaded the (beta) app and the same thing occurs. I filed the report in the beta app.
Thema:

1. Xbox (beta) App Download Throttling - Similar Threads - beta App Download

2. Xbox (Beta) App on PC not letting me Download Gamepass games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox (Beta) App on PC not letting me Download Gamepass games: I paid for the ultimate game pass 3 month subscription a month ago and my app is not letting me download any games from the gamepass. It is trying to get me to buy another subcription, when I go...
  3. Cannot download any game from the Xbox Beta PC app

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot download any game from the Xbox Beta PC app: I recently bought a new laptop with which I got a Xbox Game Pass for about a week I played games happily but now when I try download anything from huge Triple A titles to small Indie games its...
  4. Cannot download The Outer Worlds in the Xbox app beta on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot download The Outer Worlds in the Xbox app beta on PC: Hello, I have an issue with the Xbox app for PC that seem to happen only with The Outer Worlds. I have access to the game through the Xbox game pass for PC (I checked my membership and it is...
  5. Xbox (beta) PC app - all games give error 0x800704c6 when downloading

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox (beta) PC app - all games give error 0x800704c6 when downloading: Hello all, I have been having this problem for 2 days now and i have tried all the troubleshooting steps on the internet with no help. Here goes: -when trying to install any game from my...
  6. Xbox app for pc beta - download bugged and now cannot remove the file.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app for pc beta - download bugged and now cannot remove the file.: So I started downloading forza horizon 4 with the xbox game pass, and got to 60/74.6gb of the download before turning off my pc and returning to it the next day. When I returned the next day it...
  7. How to download GamePass games from the Xbox Beta app

in XBoX on Windows
    How to download GamePass games from the Xbox Beta app: Hey everyone, So, I've been trying to play Halo MCC on PC (I also play it on Xbox), but the game just launches unitl the 343 Studios logo appears, and then it redirects me to the Mircrosoft Store...
  8. 0x80070057 Downloading / Playing Game Pass Games in the Microsoft Store / XBOX App (Beta)...

in XBoX on Windows
    0x80070057 Downloading / Playing Game Pass Games in the Microsoft Store / XBOX App (Beta)...: Hi, after the last update most of my game pass games stopped working. Only a few indie games still start without problems. I noticed first, that the shortlink images disappeared. If i start a...
  9. Xbox Beta app goes all black after downloading any game

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Beta app goes all black after downloading any game: I recently got the Xbox Beta app, and as soon as I download any game (while the app is open) and alt+tab to another window, the app will go all black and will remain that way until I uninstall it....
  10. Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) unable to download Sea of Thieves using Xbox (beta) App

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) unable to download Sea of Thieves using Xbox (beta) App: I have tried all the issues and work around on the forum and Rare forum, including updates, reset store, re-sign in. Is it also an known issues for game pass unable to download sea of thieves?...