Xbox Beta App for PC

Discus and support Xbox Beta App for PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I just received a 3-month trial of Xbox Game Pass for the PC. With that I needed to download and install the Xbox (Beta) app (found here:... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Powell145, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Powell145
    Powell145 Guest

Xbox Beta App for PC

Hello,

I just received a 3-month trial of Xbox Game Pass for the PC. With that I needed to download and install the Xbox (Beta) app (found here: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-app).

The install seems to go fine but when I attempt to launch I constantly get an error that lists the app location - i.e. C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.GamingApp_1910.1001.7.0_x64_8wekyb3d8bbwe\app\Xbox... (the rest is cut off) and it just says "The
    parameter is incorrect."

I searched the net and found similar errors when Windows Store apps are not working and they suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the app, of which I've done twice and I still get the same error and cannot launch the app. I have no problems with any other
    Windows App, I just spent 45 minutes going through and checking every single program I have - they all work except the Xbox Beta app. I have the correct version of Windows.

How can I resolve this issue, is this a bug with the current version? Reinstalling Windows for what is clearly a problem with this one app is not an option.

Thanks!

:)

Powell145, Oct 28, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox Beta App Error Code 0x8004E10E

Hi Deigge,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

Which beta app are you having issue downloading? The Xbox Console Companion App (Beta) or the Xbox Game Pass for PC app (Beta)? You'll need to have he beta companion app downloaded first before you can download the PC game pass app (beta) and you will also
    need to have Windows update version 1903.

Restart your PC and then make sure you have the requirements to download the PC game pass app.
  3. Mr ZEMM Win User

Chat history gone in Xbox-app

Anyone use Xbox app on PC?

All my chat history is gone except from the last few days of chat.

Everything is ok on Xbox app Beta, Phone app and Console.
    So how come my chat history is missing on Xbox-app on PC, but everything ok on Xbox-app Beta on PC, Phone-app, Console and Xbox Game Bar? Only Xbox-app is missing chat history. Happened after last update.

I can use Xbox-app Beta until the issue has been solved, but prefer the usual Xbox-app on PC.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.
  4. AWildYamiEnters Win User

Unable to access Xbox game pass ultimate games on PC

Do you have the Xbox beta app for PC and not Xbox Console Companion? That is the only way to use Game Pass on PC. I believe you'll have to update Windows 10 in order to get the beta app.
  5. Emo Goggles Win User

How to change xbox gamer pic on the internet?

use the xbox app or the beta app on your PC or on your cell phone.
  6. Bestlano Win User

Win10 Xbox app not streaming

Hi ScarletSpider85, What version of the App are you using? Are you also experience this issue with Xbox App Beta? You can DL the beta version by going to the store on your PC and searching "Xbox App Beta".

Thanks for the feedback,

Best
Thema:

Xbox Beta App for PC

1. Xbox Beta App for PC - Similar Threads - Beta App

2. So i installed the Xbox (beta) app and its in Arabic?

in XboX Insiders
    So i installed the Xbox (beta) app and its in Arabic?: ive installed it twice now and it doesnt default to english or icelandic how do i fix this issue? submitted by /u/TimmyOOF [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox (Beta) app does not uninstall games properly.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox (Beta) app does not uninstall games properly.: I used the "Uninstall Game" option within the Xbox beta app to remove the game. However, it did not remove the game from my PC. It no longer shows in the Xbox app, however, it still appears in my...
  4. Get Error everytime I launch Xbox Beta App

in XBoX on Windows
    Get Error everytime I launch Xbox Beta App: [img] Get this error everytime I launch Xbox App Beta. 98937dbe-b22f-4dc2-8647-d18107f46dac
  5. Your network settings are blocking you from using party chat but its for the xbox beta app.

in XBoX on Windows
    Your network settings are blocking you from using party chat but its for the xbox beta app.: Literally no idea how to fix this cant find anything on this problem it has the same error code as the xbox one. dbf784b2-cfc4-44ad-9b68-a1df79107cf5
  6. Xbox beta app on PC shows no devices/locations to install games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox beta app on PC shows no devices/locations to install games: Trying to install gears 5 via PC xbox beta app. When it get to the final page with the install button on it, the button is grayed out. Drive space required says "unknown" no drives are visible...
  7. Can't sign into Xbox Beta app

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't sign into Xbox Beta app: So about a week ago after downloading the Outer Worlds I found that I was signed out of the beta app and now can't sign back in. I don't get any error message, I get the Welcome Back message and...
  8. Xbox PC Beta app - game doesn't appear on sidebar anymore

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox PC Beta app - game doesn't appear on sidebar anymore: Installed Gears 5 but couldn't even get it to run as when I clicked play, it would show a pop up message about a program needing permission, I clicked yes but nothing happened. Tried repairing the...
  9. Can't sign in to the Xbox(beta) app for pc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't sign in to the Xbox(beta) app for pc.: Whenever I try to sign in to the xbox app either nothing happens or it just becomes an unresponsive grey rectangle (Screenshot below). [img] 1e2d197e-6112-41db-a854-227fc3d40447
  10. Can't change default save location (Xbox Beta App)

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't change default save location (Xbox Beta App): When I try to save games the list of install locations is empty. I have tried changing the Windows 10 "Default Save location" for new apps, and the drive I select gets some system folders created....