Xbox Beta app for Windows 10 is leaking my memory like crazy

Discus and support Xbox Beta app for Windows 10 is leaking my memory like crazy in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have joined the PC Game Pass beta and have downloaded everything necessary. However, whenever I go to download a game the "non-paged pool" of my... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/SugarGorilla, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Xbox Beta app for Windows 10 is leaking my memory like crazy

I have joined the PC Game Pass beta and have downloaded everything necessary. However, whenever I go to download a game the "non-paged pool" of my memory just keeps increasing until my PC forces to reset itself. It only happens when I'm downloading the games, not when I'm just on the app or playing the games I've downloaded already.

Any idea what could be causing this? Just updated to the latest Windows 10 and the problem is still there.

EDIT: after some experimenting, I have discovered it was a problem with the newest windows 10 1903 update that I downloaded to get the app to work. I tried downloading a big file from chrome and was getting the same memory leak. I used the registry cleaner in CCleaner Pro, updated my maleware/virus scanners and did some scans then did a clean boot (learned from https://windows101tricks.com/fix-memory-leak-problem-on-windows-10/ ) and the issue seems to be resolved. Not sure which one solved it, but I suggest trying some of those things if you're having the same problem.

submitted by /u/SugarGorilla
    [link] [comments]

/u/SugarGorilla, Jun 14, 2019
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

Xbox Beta App for Windows 10 memory leak

Hello SugarGorilla,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your computer's memory is being consume tremendously when you are downloading a game through the Xbox App beta. We suggest making sure that your

Windows 10 computer is up to date
    . This is a beta program so all feedback is greatly encouraged. We suggest posting any issues for the beta on our

Xbox Insider Subreddit
    and the
    Xbox Insider Hub
    . This will help our engineers gather information on common issues. We will be working diligently on this beta to provide our customers with a greater experience. We look forward to hearing your feedback!
  3. Ackis Win User

Xbox Beta App for Windows 10 memory leak

Does the memory leak go away when you close the program?
  4. II EYEBALL II Win User

Battlefield 3 xbox 360 videos

Nah,No tec difficulties,its pre-alpha leaks,even beta gonna be 10 times better than these!And no more of this "forget the open beta" talk!Thats just crazy talk!
  5. poover Win User

Windows 10 Xbox App Game DVR Your Computer Is Low On Memory

I was able to fix the issue by updating my display adapter drivers using Driver Talent. I read somewhere there were issues with memory leaks in display drivers on Windows 10.
  6. Netagive2 Win User

Help! Xbox App (Both the Beta and Latest Release) Xbox One will not stay connected to Xbox App.

Thema:

Xbox Beta app for Windows 10 is leaking my memory like crazy

1. Xbox Beta app for Windows 10 is leaking my memory like crazy - Similar Threads - Beta app Windows

2. Killer Instinct not available on Xbox App for Windows 10 (Beta)?

in XBoX on Windows
    Killer Instinct not available on Xbox App for Windows 10 (Beta)?: Hello. I've purchased Killer Instinct Definitive Edition today and a number of other Play Anywhere games. All the others have appeared in my app under games I own except for Killer Instinct. I...
  3. Error 0x87e10bc6 on starting Wolfenstein II via the Xbox Beta App on windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x87e10bc6 on starting Wolfenstein II via the Xbox Beta App on windows 10: Hi, so I recently got the gamepass and downloaded Gears of War and Wolfenstein II through the Xbox Beta App on Windows 10. Whenever I try to start Wolfenstein II I get the error 0x87e10bc6, which...
  4. Windows Xbox (Beta) App

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Xbox (Beta) App: Several problems with this Application over the past couple days; Since a couple of days ago, the Xbox PC App whenever loaded, loads in a black screen, and I've tried force closing it via Task...
  5. Can't change default app installation drive on Windows 10 for the Xbox Beta

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't change default app installation drive on Windows 10 for the Xbox Beta: I was using this drive to install my games on a previous installation of the system, but I had to format it and now I cannot change the default drive back to this drive because windows finds the...
  6. Xbox App Beta on Windows 10 Resume Download problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App Beta on Windows 10 Resume Download problem: Hello, last night I was downloading Metro Exodus on my Pc, via Game Pass, then I stopped it, and a few minutes ago I tried to resume the download. It didn't work. I had to restart the whole...
  7. Windows 10 Xbox (Beta) App : How to pause the Downloads of games updates ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 Xbox (Beta) App : How to pause the Downloads of games updates ?: Hi everybody, In the Windows 10Xbox (Beta) App, it can automaticly downloads the updates of games : but where is it possible to put these downloads on PAUSE ? (I can't find a Menu for this in...
  8. Cannot download games.. stuck on queued in Windows 10 Xbox app (beta)

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot download games.. stuck on queued in Windows 10 Xbox app (beta): installed 2 games with no problems the first couple of days, since 3 or 4 days whenever i try and download something i get instatly stuck on queued even before download starts... is there anything...
  9. Cannot play games downloaded from the Windows 10 Xbox app (beta)

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot play games downloaded from the Windows 10 Xbox app (beta): First i downloaded Bridge constructor portal which worked perfectly fine, but i then downloaded Metro exodus and did not get the same satisfaction. Unless i start the game in safe mode, it crashes...
  10. Can't download any games on the Windows 10 beta Xbox App

in XboX Insiders
    Can't download any games on the Windows 10 beta Xbox App: With every game i want to download i'm getting the same error message 0x8007177e. Is there a way to fix it? Or do i have to cancel my sub and be done with this bs? submitted by /u/FreakZone...