Xbox Beta App Gaming Services Not working

Discus and support Xbox Beta App Gaming Services Not working in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi community, I've just signed up to the Xbox Game Pass for PC Beta and I can't seem to get any games to install. I've updated to the latest version... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by #Francis#, Apr 6, 2020.

1. #Francis#
    #Francis# Guest

Hi community,

I've just signed up to the Xbox Game Pass for PC Beta and I can't seem to get any games to install.

I've updated to the latest version of Windows (1903) and installed all updates.

I've tried reinstall Xbox Beta App several times and during each installation, it seems to stall a long time before completing an installation.

I've diagnosed that there's an issue with the GamingService not being able to start.

(Error 1060: The specified service does not exist as an installed service)

There's an error event in the Event Viewer that corresponds to the above error

"The GamingServices service terminated with the following error: The specified service does not exist as an installed service"

I've checked that the executable is actually located in the installation directory

(C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.GamingServices_1.39.6001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\GamingServices.exe)

It seems the account (Local System Account) that is setup to execute it hasn't got the permissions or it's not installed correctly as a service.

I was wondering if there's any workaround for this?

I've seen a few posts like this on the internet with no workarounds posted

UPDATE : I've fixed it via Media Creation Tool and reinstalling windows via "Upgrade to Win 10" option to preserve all my installed programs and settings. Don't bother with any other fixes posted on the internet as
    it won't work.

:)

#Francis#, Apr 6, 2020
  2. Yahztee Germany Win User

Xbox gaming services

my apologies i just realized that i didnt even post my problem. the xbot beta app works, but because the gaming services app does not work, i cannot even get it to download then i cannot play any games on the beta app.
  3. #Francis# Win User

I managed to track down 2 errors that were happening in the Event Viewer every time I tried to restart the failed game installation

Event 1:

Download and Install Failed at Stage: Downloading

Error: Package could not be opened.

Function: UWAInstallWork::DoWork

Source: onecoreuap\enduser\winstore\installservice\lib\uwainstallwork.cpp (1287)

Event 2:

Error encountered during install Item = 9NSS1D75FNPR HResult = -2147009296, Progress Stage = 4

Error: The operation completed successfully.

Function: InstallQueue2::NotifyError

Source: onecoreuap\enduser\winstore\installservice\libqueue2\installqueue2.cpp (1766)

I will keep this post updated if I find any more information
  4. #Francis# Win User

I've tried absolutely every fix that was posted imaginable and none of them worked.

The only thing that works is to repair your Windows installation using the Media Creation Tool and choosing to Upgrade your PC to Win10.

(FYI this process will preserve your programs and files)

The Media Creation Tool can be found here:

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

So don't bother with the other fixes posted on the internet. My recommendation is to go straight for the Media Creation Tool.

I have managed to get the GamingService going now, but now face a different issue.

The download seems to go for a couple of second but it stops after 1 megabytes is downloaded.

The same error 0x80073cf0 was posted here but none of the suggestions here seems to fix it.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...all-apps/e84a5082-3abd-40af-a6dd-53bdef634536

If anyone has come across this and fixed it?
  5. #Francis# Win User

6. DrBello Win User

game pass PC License issue - inactive License

Hi guys,

today it works!

First time did not, but after the reset of all app and service from

Setting --> App--> "service game\Xbox Live\Xbox(beta)\etc" -->reset

and also:

..\"Gears of war" --> reset

Finally reboot the system.

enjoy the game :)
Thema:

1. Xbox Beta App Gaming Services Not working - Similar Threads - Beta App Gaming

2. Reinstalled Windows but XBOX (BETA) app doesn't detect my games anymore.

in XBoX on Windows
    Reinstalled Windows but XBOX (BETA) app doesn't detect my games anymore.: Hi community, I have reinstalled Windows by only formatting my C: drive. I had my XBOX ( BETA) games installed in my other drives but now the app tells me I have no games installed. How can I...
  3. Xbox Game Pass (Beta) PC App Won't Permit Sign-On

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass (Beta) PC App Won't Permit Sign-On: I recently purchased the Xbox game pass subscription. I downloaded and installed the app on my windows 10 PC but the next day I can't seem to sign in at all. When opening the app and pressing sign...
  4. xbox game pass (Xbox Beta) app requests smart card

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox game pass (Xbox Beta) app requests smart card: Whenever I start the PC Xbox Game Pass app the dialog for a smart card is presented, I have to cancel around 3 times before it stops popping up. Can't find a setting in the app to turn it off....
  5. Xbox Beta (PC) app won't install specifically "A Plague Tale" game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Beta (PC) app won't install specifically "A Plague Tale" game.: The game: A Plague Tale: Innocence - Windows 10 Problem: Clicking the install button causes it to change to "preparing" then brings me back to the green install button again. Game won't...
  6. Cant, exclusively, download Sea of Thieves from the Xbox Beta app, with xbox game pass.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant, exclusively, download Sea of Thieves from the Xbox Beta app, with xbox game pass.: MS Store doesnt even show SoT so i tried the beta app and its there but when i try downloading it with my game pass it says this: [img] I tried downloading Subnautica, also a game pass game,...
  7. Not receiving game or party invites in Xbox (Beta) app or Xbox Console Companion app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not receiving game or party invites in Xbox (Beta) app or Xbox Console Companion app: I'm not receiving game or party invites in Xbox (Beta) app or Xbox Console Companion app. I see a lot of other people have had the same issue, but I cannot find a fix. Can anyone help?...
  8. Win10 Xbox(Beta) app not running any games

in XBoX on Windows
    Win10 Xbox(Beta) app not running any games: The Windows 10 Xbox app has worked well for me for months. I have the Game Pass to use with it, but for the past week, I have been unable to sign into my Xbox Live account once I launch a game....
  9. Can't download games above 1gb on xbox beta app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download games above 1gb on xbox beta app: It say there is an error downloading, I tried Downloading Through Both xbox Beta and Microsoft Store app but Its Says the same thing no internet after downloading 1 or 2gb part of game....
  10. Can't sign in on Xbox (beta) App and Gamepass games won't boot

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't sign in on Xbox (beta) App and Gamepass games won't boot: Hi all. For a few days now, I have been unable to play newly installed gamepass games, they will either not boot (like Indivisible or Two Points Hospital) and either be stuck on a black screen or...