Xbox Beta App Installer freezing when trying to install/Microsoft store freezing when...

Discus and support Xbox Beta App Installer freezing when trying to install/Microsoft store freezing when... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I recently bought Xbox Game Pass and I have been playing multiple games (Sea of Thieves, ASTRONEER, Doom Eternal, Forza Horizon 4, No Man's... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Shadowbane_, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Shadowbane_
    Shadowbane_ Guest

Xbox Beta App Installer freezing when trying to install/Microsoft store freezing when...

Hello,

I recently bought Xbox Game Pass and I have been playing multiple games (Sea of Thieves, ASTRONEER, Doom Eternal, Forza Horizon 4, No Man's Sky.) Today, ASTRONEER had updated to version 1.18. Wanting to play it, I tried opening the Xbox app, which brought me
    to the usual black screen with the Xbox logo. Then after about 15 seconds, it would just turn to a black screen. As a possible solution, I tried to reinstall the app using the Apps and Features in settings to see if that helped. It did not, as this is when
    the issue started occurring. The first time I ran the installer, I read the terms, checked the box, and clicked install. At that point, the installer froze and when I clicked off I was unable to alt+tab back to it. I tried closing the installer, which caused
    it to read "Are you sure you want to quit?" I obviously clicked yes, as I was trying to close it. In doing so, the installer removed the pop-up and showed only the "Making things awesome" screen but blurred. After, I force closed it using Task Manager. Trying
    again, I tried downloading the latest version and ran it with admin. The games were still playable, but I was unable to update ASTRONEER. As an alternative, I tried installing it with Microsoft Store. Doing this, I went to the game's page and saw no "update"
    button. I tried going to my library in the app, then downloads, then the "Get Updates" button. This caused MS Store to freeze, requiring me to close and reopen it. After, I tried uninstalling ASTRONEER using settings again. I went to the games page afterwards
    to reinstall, but when I click the Install button, the whole store freezes, requiring another close and reopen.

I have tried:

Restarting my computer,

Updating Windows,

Fully uninstalling Xbox Beta,

Running wsreset.exe,

reinstalling WS Store,

and restarting the Xbox App's properties in the Device Manager.

I have also tried running the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, and it returned with "Hanging or crashing apps - Not fixed"

I am running Windows 10 Home version 20H2, build 19042.746 on a HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15.

A solution would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

Shadowbane_, Jan 21, 2021
  2. Calvarius7 Win User

Xbox pass for windows/games won't install

Problem solved if anyone else has this issue!

I just uninstalled the XBOX BETA APP and reinstalled. Everything I was reading was telling me to do this using powershell and doing it with the xbox gaming service. It was the beta app that was causing the problem. After the uninstall, the installer can
    freeze and you just need to reboot and it should work.
    Have the exact same problems, but now I can't reinstall the app because it freeze every time. Reboot doesn't help, tried with a new image of the installer, doesn't help, just freezing every time.

Also I can't download via Microsoft Store, the store crashes when I try to install a game-pass game. Srsly Microsoft.. what the fu** ?
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC

Hello ShadowQE,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that the Microsoft Store application is crashing when you try to install a game. We recommend making sure that

Windows 10 is up to date
    . Also, we suggest attempting to install a game from the Xbox Console Companion App or

the Xbox (Beta) App
    . Be sure to let us know the results ShadowQE!
  4. luke6176 87 Win User

Xbox game pass for pc permanently pausing

I cancelled the install but when i click “install” on the microsoft store nothing happens. However when i interact with the download on the xbox beta app its fine.
  5. gass1811 Win User

Green screen

I uninstalled the Xbox (beta) application, but now I can not even download it, I can not get it from the Microsoft Store or the installer, it simply freezes the screen, and after a while it closes alone.
  6. gass1811 Win User

Green screen

I uninstalled the Xbox (beta) application, but now I can not even download it, I can not get it from the Microsoft Store or the installer, it simply freezes the screen, and after a while it closes alone.
Thema:

1. Xbox Beta App Installer freezing when trying to install/Microsoft store freezing when... - Similar Threads - Beta App Installer

2. I can't install some games from xbox beta app (Something Unexpected Happened error 0x00000001)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install some games from xbox beta app (Something Unexpected Happened error 0x00000001): so i have tried multiple attempts trying different ways listed both here on xbox forums and on reddit about this error but i still can't download some game one of them being Back 4 Blood, can...
  3. Can't change game install location in Xbox App Beta

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't change game install location in Xbox App Beta: My drop down menu for changing the install location looks like this: [img] I looked up the entire internet... reinstalling, powershell repair, normal repair, leaving the beta and entering it...
  4. Can't install Xbox game pass beta app on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install Xbox game pass beta app on PC: When i installed Xbox game pass beta app on PC (win 10 pro), it shown " look like something went wrong we wernt able to install the app 0x80072F8F " Please help me! [img]...
  5. Xbox Beta App No longer Installs Apps After The Server Black Out Of 02/25/2022. Error Code...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Beta App No longer Installs Apps After The Server Black Out Of 02/25/2022. Error Code...: Hi, I currently have the error code on my PC for the Xbox Beta App 0x80070424 the code Pops up when I try to install anything through that application or the windows store. I have tried resetting...
  6. Xbox (beta) App wont install Missing Dependencies

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox (beta) App wont install Missing Dependencies: [IMG] Whenever I try to install the missing stuff, it just changes to Installing then back to Install. I have tried a lot of methods and nothing has worked for me....
  7. Xbox Beta App not installing

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Beta App not installing: Stops at installation. "Making things awesome." 2f8b8d6a-9e61-4b50-8e7c-b0ca648a85ae
  8. New Xbox Beta app tells me to download games on my console that are already installed

in XboX Insiders
    New Xbox Beta app tells me to download games on my console that are already installed: Anyone else having this issue? On the app, there is a "jump back in" section, however when I click on the game it says "download to console" when the game is already downloaded. I assumed you...
  9. Error code 0x00000001 when installing games from the Beta Games Pass App for PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Error code 0x00000001 when installing games from the Beta Games Pass App for PC: Every time I try install a game from the game pass app for PC I get error code 0x00000001 and it stops the download. I have restarted my computer many times I have uninstalled and reinstalled...
  10. Xbox gamepass app (beta) cant install error code 0x80190194

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox gamepass app (beta) cant install error code 0x80190194: Hello, I was having issues with this all night last night and tried everything i could think of to get this working. I even completely reformatted my SSD ( i was going to anyway no big deal) and...