Xbox (Beta) App on PC won't download missing app dependencies

Discus and support Xbox (Beta) App on PC won't download missing app dependencies in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm running the latest version of Windows 10, and have been trying to install the Xbox (Beta) App so that I'm able to play a few games from my Xbox on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ThrillhouseVHx, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Xbox (Beta) App on PC won't download missing app dependencies

I'm running the latest version of Windows 10, and have been trying to install the Xbox (Beta) App so that I'm able to play a few games from my Xbox on PC/sit in a party chat with my friends while doing so.

I'm able to download the app fine, I can sign in, etc. But it tells me that I have missing app dependencies. When I go into the settings, it tells me there are three:

• Purchase App
    • Xbox Game Bar
    • Feedback Hub
    If I click the Install button beside them, it changes to Installing, then sits there and doesn't change. I have fast internet, and have left it for 24 hours in some cases, just to see if it's just super slow. I definitely have enough space on my drives.
    Not sure what else it could be.

Is there a fix for this?

:)

ThrillhouseVHx, Sep 28, 2019
  2. firepanda84 Win User

The only way I managed to get them installed was by searching for them in the Microsoft Store and installing them from there, but I still can't find the "Purchase App". Because there's nothing named "Purchase App"!

Microsoft should have fixed this by now.
  3. optiores Win User

Xbox app for Windows 10 is basically a frontend for Microsoft Store app. I had the same problem, but with an other dependency and downloaded it by using Microsoft Store fixed it for me, but the issue you mentioned should still be considerd a bug.
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello!

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create a new thread. We will be
    more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues. Thank you again and happy gaming!
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox Beta App Error Code 0x8004E10E

Hi Deigge,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

Which beta app are you having issue downloading? The Xbox Console Companion App (Beta) or the Xbox Game Pass for PC app (Beta)? You'll need to have he beta companion app downloaded first before you can download the PC game pass app (beta) and you will also
    need to have Windows update version 1903.

Restart your PC and then make sure you have the requirements to download the PC game pass app.
  6. Mr ZEMM Win User

Chat history gone in Xbox-app

Anyone use Xbox app on PC?

All my chat history is gone except from the last few days of chat.

Everything is ok on Xbox app Beta, Phone app and Console.
    So how come my chat history is missing on Xbox-app on PC, but everything ok on Xbox-app Beta on PC, Phone-app, Console and Xbox Game Bar? Only Xbox-app is missing chat history. Happened after last update.

I can use Xbox-app Beta until the issue has been solved, but prefer the usual Xbox-app on PC.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.
Thema:

1. Xbox (Beta) App on PC won't download missing app dependencies - Similar Threads - Beta App won't

2. XBOX (Beta) App Won't Install & Keeps Freezing

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX (Beta) App Won't Install & Keeps Freezing: Two days ago when I turned on my PC, my XBOX (beta) app would start but I would have a black screen every time. I have tried reinstalling, but it keeps freezing every time, and I am at a loss. I...
  3. Xbox (Beta) app won't open, uninstall or re-install.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox (Beta) app won't open, uninstall or re-install.: Hi all, as mentioned above the app will not open. It doesn't do anything when I click the icon. Also, it doesn't show up in my apps list, despite being under the start menu. I tried to re-install...
  4. Xbox Game Pass (Beta) PC App Won't Permit Sign-On

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass (Beta) PC App Won't Permit Sign-On: I recently purchased the Xbox game pass subscription. I downloaded and installed the app on my windows 10 PC but the next day I can't seem to sign in at all. When opening the app and pressing sign...
  5. Xbox Beta (PC) app won't install specifically "A Plague Tale" game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Beta (PC) app won't install specifically "A Plague Tale" game.: The game: A Plague Tale: Innocence - Windows 10 Problem: Clicking the install button causes it to change to "preparing" then brings me back to the green install button again. Game won't...
  6. Can't sign in on Xbox (beta) App and Gamepass games won't boot

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't sign in on Xbox (beta) App and Gamepass games won't boot: Hi all. For a few days now, I have been unable to play newly installed gamepass games, they will either not boot (like Indivisible or Two Points Hospital) and either be stuck on a black screen or...
  7. Xbox (Beta) App games won't Launch/Crash Fix!

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox (Beta) App games won't Launch/Crash Fix!: Hi,i have a problem with xbox beta app every time i enter the app crash with an error java script error my system is up to date and drivers [img] 04b6950d-1493-4b6b-a6b0-50577c8abbe8
  8. X-Box App Beta für PC lässt sich nicht installieren[Translation-X-Box App Beta for PC Won't...

in XBoX on Windows
    X-Box App Beta für PC lässt sich nicht installieren[Translation-X-Box App Beta for PC Won't...: Hallo Ich wollte die X-Box Beta App für den PC installieren und habe extra davor alles aktualisiert. Leider passiert nichts, nachdem ich den Lizenzbedingungen zugestimmt habe. Danach kommt nur...
  9. [FIX] Master Chief Collection won't launch on Xbox Game App PC (BETA)

in XBoX on Windows
    [FIX] Master Chief Collection won't launch on Xbox Game App PC (BETA): If, like me, you are having trouble getting Halo: Master Chief Collection to launch from the Xbox App (BETA) on PC. Then you can follow the instructions in this article and it should work:...
  10. The Outer Worlds won't launch from Xbox beta app (got it with game pass)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Outer Worlds won't launch from Xbox beta app (got it with game pass): Played The Outer Worlds yesterday for quite some time without any problems. Today i wanted to launch the game via the xbox app & also tried it with microsoft store and it just won't launch, it...