XBox (beta) client on Windows 10 was fine, but now won't install anything

Discus and support XBox (beta) client on Windows 10 was fine, but now won't install anything in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, so as far as I know, nothing on my PC has changed. But for some reason the client will no longer install games, saying the location (c:) is not... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by KevinA2, Aug 28, 2019.

1. KevinA2
    KevinA2 Guest

Hi, so as far as I know, nothing on my PC has changed. But for some reason the client will no longer install games, saying the location (cXBox (beta) client on Windows 10 was fine, but now won't install anything :) is not setup for this.

I check the relevant settings, everything is set up correctly to install and save to c:. I only have one drive, it has just under 1TB free space. But the install button remains grey:

XBox (beta) client on Windows 10 was fine, but now won't install anything [​IMG]

In this pic, it's preload, but this also applies to any game I try. Just to say, when I go to the "Set it as your location...", this is what I see:

XBox (beta) client on Windows 10 was fine, but now won't install anything [​IMG]

Hoping someone can help. Thank you.

:)

KevinA2, Aug 28, 2019
  2. KevinA2 Win User

Not quite sure why you need the attitude, but I guess that's how some people like you are.

And no, the update made it worse. Now it doesn't even list my C: drive.
  3. KevinA2 Win User

unfortunately C: is my only option. I'll try a reinstall.
  4. k1Helix z Win User

Can we see you in app settings just ot check the unit is correctly selected there too?
  5. KevinA2 Win User

rebooting did nothing, so i reinstalled. now the app thinks I have nowhere at all to install games *sigh*
    [​IMG]

The dropdown is empty, no options. The app settings are also blank. Windows settings are still as previously shown.
  6. KevinA2 Win User

Soo I fixed it.

I stuck a memory card in the reader and set that to default, then I could reset the default to c.
Thema:

1. XBox (beta) client on Windows 10 was fine, but now won't install anything - Similar Threads - beta client Windows

2. Xbox Insider Release Notes – Beta, Delta and Omega (2007.200630-0000)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Release Notes – Beta, Delta and Omega (2007.200630-0000): [IMG] submitted by /u/XIPBot [link] [comments]
  3. On PC Xbox beta app whenever I click the sign-in button It does nothing

in XBoX on Windows
    On PC Xbox beta app whenever I click the sign-in button It does nothing: On PC Xbox beta app whenever I click the sign-in button It does nothing, no pop up login window or no redirection to a log in page. The app won't let me download new games or play online games, I...
  4. Xbox Game Pass PC Beta on Windows 10 LTSC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass PC Beta on Windows 10 LTSC: Is it possible to install Game pass for PC on Windows 10 LTSC ver. 1809? b26b5adf-220d-43f5-892f-4989e927c10b
  5. Xbox Game Pass(Beta) Pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass(Beta) Pc: Xbox Game Pass'den dün Metro Exodus indirdim ama bugün oynayamıyorum. "Metro Exodus (Windows) şu anda hesabınızda kullanılamıyor. İhtiyacınız olursa kullanmanız için hata kodu: 0x803F8001"...
  6. MS Flight Simulator (2020) Alpha/Beta Testing: How to Participate?

in XboX Insiders
    MS Flight Simulator (2020) Alpha/Beta Testing: How to Participate?: Hi, I am a long-time user of MS Flight Simulator (since 1995) who converted to X-Plane after MSFT stopped making the series. Anyhow, am very excited about this reboot. Does anyone know how to get...
  7. Overwatch Beta Client

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Overwatch Beta Client: Hello everyone. Would like to inform everyone that the client can be downloaded now for flagged accounts without codes. Worked for me now in marketplace. 0971a327-28c4-41f1-adb4-f9dff72c5945
  8. Overwatch Open Beta codes/Client download

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Overwatch Open Beta codes/Client download: Hello. I've preordered overwatch digital trough Xbox store 25.04.2016 and should be granted access to open beta. I havent recived my friend code and the beta client is not avalible for download....
  9. Reinstalling a beta client that has been hidden on my Ready to Install list

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Reinstalling a beta client that has been hidden on my Ready to Install list: I'm looking to reinstall the For Honor beta client with open beta coming up. I deleted it and hid it on my Ready to Install list, however with no store entry I have no way of figuring out how to...
  10. Overwatch Open Beta codes/Client download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Overwatch Open Beta codes/Client download: Hello. I've preordered overwatch digital trough Xbox store 25.04.2016 and should be granted access to open beta. I havent recived my friend code and the beta client is not avalible for download....