Xbox beta for PC installer app not working

Discus and support Xbox beta for PC installer app not working in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Running a fully updated version of Windows 10. (1909) Running the Xbox BETA installer on my PC. After agreeing to the T&C and clicking Install, I get... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MarcAlperin, Feb 14, 2020.

1. MarcAlperin
    MarcAlperin Guest

Running a fully updated version of Windows 10. (1909)

Running the Xbox BETA installer on my PC. After agreeing to the T&C and clicking Install, I get a loading screen for a second or two and then a screen that says "Make sure you're connected, then try updating again. We weren't able to update Windows (0x80131509)"

I absolutely am connected to the internet on this PC. The normal Xbox console companion app works just fine. Rebooting my computer has not helped. Please advise.

:)

MarcAlperin, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Yombi GS Win User

Cant install games on PC Gamepass beta

Did you installed the Xbox(beta) app to your PC?
  3. Christyna64 Win User

Xbox Game Pass Games Asking To Install On Devices?

Are you using the Xbox (beta) app on PC to install Gamepass games?
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

problème erreur 0x80080206 [Mod Translation-problem error 0x80080206]

Hi Yannis,

In order to install this game or any game from the Microsoft Store App, you will need to ensure your Windows 10 device is on a 1903 OS build or greater (Current 1909). The easiest way to ensure your PC is ready to go for this game and any other game
    that comes to Game Pass for PC is to install the Xbox (Beta) App with the steps posted here. This will force the PC to install
    an OS version that can run all Game Pass for PC games and allow users to easily find them inside the Xbox (Beta) App.

Let us know if you have the most recent OS build for Windows and the Xbox (Beta) App and try installing the game from the app as well.
  5. MarcAlperin Win User

Figured it out. I was running 32-bit Windows and the Xbox Beta App only works for 64-bit system. The application doesn't actually tell you this, it just won't work.
  6. ScarTheMartyr19 Win User

Try refreshing the download again and Start from the beginning clear the cache after download.
Thema:

1. Xbox beta for PC installer app not working - Similar Threads - beta installer app

2. Can't re-install the xbox app (beta)

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't re-install the xbox app (beta): I was enjoying Game Pass but most games wouldn't install to my secondary drive, I read in a thread that if you re-installed it to the secondary drive that it would let you install all of the games...
  3. Can't change install folder for xbox app (beta)

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't change install folder for xbox app (beta): Hi, I recently subscribed to xbox gamepass and wanted to download my first game. I have two drive on my pc but my boot drive is to small to install games on it. therefore I wanted to change the...
  4. Xbox (Beta) Game App PC, search for installed games?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox (Beta) Game App PC, search for installed games?: Can I find the games installed on my secondary hard drive after installing a new version of Windows on my first hard drive? The app itself does not let me change the installation path to D until I...
  5. Cant install games in Xbox beta app - parts of install not shown anymore - i loose weeks of...

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant install games in Xbox beta app - parts of install not shown anymore - i loose weeks of...: Hallo, i cant download recore or other games in xbox beta app anymore. When i try to download recore it seams that it starts and i see the download in the microsoft store but on the next day when...
  6. Installation stuck at 99% on my Xbox(beta) App on Pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Installation stuck at 99% on my Xbox(beta) App on Pc: Hello, before this i tried to install the 16GB update for outerworlds on my pc using the xbox(beta) app on PC. It would give me errors saying i was not connected to the internet when i was. So i...
  7. Problem with PC XBOX Game Pass BETA app, cannot install games after PC reset

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem with PC XBOX Game Pass BETA app, cannot install games after PC reset: Hello, Had the game pass working, Main app was on C drive, Games were set to install on D Drive. Due to seperate issues i had to do a PC reset. This has reset the C drive, but not touched the D...
  8. XBox (Beta) Installer, & Store app not installing

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox (Beta) Installer, & Store app not installing: I got it installed on my main computer absolutely no problems. On my laptop it won't install at all. Technical info before I start getting pointless messages that are of no help: Intel i7...
  9. Error 0x8007177E when installing games on Xbox (beta) app.

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x8007177E when installing games on Xbox (beta) app.: When I try to install game from gamepass I get error 0x8007177E. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, tried resetting the app, tried installing on a different drive. Nothing helps....
  10. Xbox (Beta) App on PC, error 0x80073cf3 when attempting to install Admin required games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox (Beta) App on PC, error 0x80073cf3 when attempting to install Admin required games: I have been trying for over 2 hours to fix this irritating issue, I've restarted my PC multiple times as well as ensured it is up to date. I have looked up and followed guides on how to fix this...