XBox (Beta) Installer, & Store app not installing

Discus and support XBox (Beta) Installer, & Store app not installing in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I got it installed on my main computer absolutely no problems. On my laptop it won't install at all. Technical info before I start getting pointless... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by S.Bleed, Dec 9, 2019.

1. S.Bleed
    S.Bleed Guest

I got it installed on my main computer absolutely no problems. On my laptop it won't install at all.

Technical info before I start getting pointless messages that are of no help:

• Intel i7 7700HQ
    • nVidia 1050ti
    • 12GB RAM
    • 1TB HDD
    • 100 mbps Internet Connection
    • Windows 10 Home ver 1903
    ----------------------------------------------

Here are the steps I have followed:

• Uninstalled and re-installed Windows Store
    • Cleared Windows Store Cache in the Settings, and using WSReset
    • Reset the Computer
    • Updated everything
    • Run Xbox (beta) Installer in Administrator mode, and in the Suggested Windows 8 compatibility mode.
    • Tried installing using Windows Store
    • Literally everything suggested on the forums, nothing works.
    I have tried these steps separately, and all together with restarts in between each step, and also when doing multiple times. I have been working on this for 2 weeks with no progress.

HELP!!!

Here are the screens I get:

XBox (Beta) Installer, & Store app not installing [​IMG]

Before You start asking:

This computer is more than capable of running this app.

:)

S.Bleed, Dec 9, 2019
  2. Christyna64 Win User

Is Anyone Else Not Able To Install Gears 5 Through Game Pass On PC?

Are you using the Xbox Beta app to install Gears 5? You need to use the Xbox Beta app, not the Windows Store app.
  3. Onyx Is Here Win User

Game Pass installing games by itself when computer is turned on

Sorry to hear it. If the Beta app is trying to install these games but is failing then please try installing from the Store app
  4. Claudius Raphael Pa Win User

Xbox Beta installer stuck

I was able to install from the Microsoft Store app. Search for "Xbox (Beta)" or follow this link:

https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9MV0B5HZVK9Z
    Located in Germany, even using a Windows 10 Professional Installation done via the latest en-us .iso and fully updated, neither the standard download of the Xbox (Beta) Installer, nor searching, aquiring and installing from the Microsoft Store did provide
    a working Installation.

In case of the non-Microsoft-Store separate download offered, the Installer hangs, seemingly when normally requiring granting administrative rights. Installation via the standard (Germany/de-de) Microsoft Store Release did not work.

Using the link you provided [ https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9MV0B5HZVK9Z ] and choosing to use the United States version of the Microsoft Store and not to switch to the (if located in Germany) normally used
    version of the Store for Germany, opens the description.

Then clicking Install in the upper right to aquire the Xbox (beta) App asks to open the link in the locally installed Miocrosoft Store of Windows 10.

Done this way the Xbox (Beta) App für Windows 10 installs without an issue after granting administrative rights. Once open a notification informs that the Gaming service is missing and has to be installed, which requires
    administrative rights.

A click on the "Install"-link at the end of the notification-line installs the missing service and the Xbox (Beta) App is fully usable as intended.

Thanks, for sharing the information and the link, to nickv2002!
  5. Onyx Is Here Win User

Gears 5 ask me to choose a NTFS drive to install, but mine is already in NTFS and i still cannot select it

Sorry to hear it. If you're trying to install from the Beta app then try launching the Store app and search for the game there to install it.
  6. BroHammersley Win User

xbox app will not install

Greetings ILMtastic,

Could you try installing the Xbox app (Beta) from the store instead? What error or what behavior are you seeing when you attempt to install the Xbox app from the store if that doesn't work?

Thanks!

~Hammer
Thema:

1. XBox (Beta) Installer, & Store app not installing - Similar Threads - Beta Installer Store

2. Xbox (BETA) Installer error 0x803FB005

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox (BETA) Installer error 0x803FB005: When attempting to install the xbox beta client for, game pass ultimate, it fails with error 0x803FB005. All prerequisites are met on the hardware and software level. Every install logs and Event...
  3. Xbox (Beta) not showing games after fresh Windows 10 install, but they're still installed.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox (Beta) not showing games after fresh Windows 10 install, but they're still installed.: Title says it all. Is there a way to locate the game files? I can't open my WindowsApps folder because I don't have permission, but I know my games are on my HDD because they're still taking up...
  4. 安装Xbox(beta)进去以后为日语界面而非中文[Translation-Install the Xbox (beta) for the Japanese interface...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    安装Xbox(beta)进去以后为日语界面而非中文[Translation-Install the Xbox (beta) for the Japanese interface...: 安装Xbox(beta)进去以后为日语界面而非中文 [Translation-Install the Xbox (beta) for the Japanese interface instead of Chinese after the installation] f0fb5c64-23e7-4c10-a7c5-da6158ecb1d3
  5. Xbox beta for PC installer app not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox beta for PC installer app not working: Running a fully updated version of Windows 10. (1909) Running the Xbox BETA installer on my PC. After agreeing to the T&C and clicking Install, I get a loading screen for a second or two and then...
  6. Can't re-install the xbox app (beta)

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't re-install the xbox app (beta): I was enjoying Game Pass but most games wouldn't install to my secondary drive, I read in a thread that if you re-installed it to the secondary drive that it would let you install all of the games...
  7. Win 10 Microsoft Store Xbox Beta Move Game Installation Folder

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Win 10 Microsoft Store Xbox Beta Move Game Installation Folder: For anyone that still hasnt gotten news of this work around, as its hard to find the right terms for a search... Under Win 10 if you want to move your app/game from Microsoft Store or Xbox Beta...
  8. Can't install any game using windows 10 store or Xbox Beta app Error Code: 0x800701E7

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install any game using windows 10 store or Xbox Beta app Error Code: 0x800701E7: Every time i go to install something (most recently the new Gears 5) on my pc i keep getting download errors like this It always errors, downloads then errors again ive tried restarting windows...
  9. Cannot Install Xbox Better Together Beta Through Insider Hub or Xbox Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Install Xbox Better Together Beta Through Insider Hub or Xbox Store: I joined the Minecraft Beta through the Xbox Insider Program, and I have the Better Together Version (1.11.4 "Village and Pillage") installed. However, the Beta Version of this has not installed...
  10. Can't install pc game pass games using xbox beta app, have to go through the microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install pc game pass games using xbox beta app, have to go through the microsoft store: I can't install game pass pc games using the xbox beta app. It always says "Play game with game pass" as if I didn't have the subscription. I can only download games through the microsoft...